The plot against fracking

General off-topic debates and discussions forum.
tamada
udonmap.com

The plot against fracking

Post by tamada » February 28, 2022, 8:31 am

How cheap energy was killed by Green lies and Russian propaganda.

https://thecritic.co.uk/issues/december ... -fracking/

'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

rick
udonmap.com

Re: The plot against fracking

Post by rick » February 28, 2022, 10:37 am

I see that the USA is predicting continually increasing gas production for the next 30 years. Obviously NOT inline with getting to netzero by 2050. Although the hysteria about shale gas was overblown, there are still many issues with it (which the Critic completely ignored). Been a while since i was in the oil industry, but drilling is rarely a pollution free technology, Also fracking does require large quantities of water, but have seen very little about how polluted the waste water is. Another issue is how many wells you have to drill - density of wells tends to be much higher because gas is only really coming from the fracked rock, not the whole reservoir; also wells usually have a short production life. Again, what happens to the wells when no longer commercial? Abandoned wells can become an issue.

Fracking is not very compatible with high density populations (e.g. England) and A lot of water in the UK comes from Aquifers - which might be affected by fracking, either in the short-term or long term.

As for making hydrogen from natural gas, that is only done because it is cheap - and the Carbon is a waste product, usually released as CO2.....

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » February 28, 2022, 11:18 am

That's a good article. Uncle Joe and the Greenies have stupidly crippled the US oil industry with their energy policies. Apparently the Mediterranean Sea has huge supplies of natural gas. The Greenies have also stopped that huge pipeline project keeping Europe dependent on Russian natural gas. The world is going to continue to use natural gas regardless of where it comes from. Score one for Russia and zero for the world.

Fracking did cripple the wind power companies. I was born and raised in Ohio. Ohio Power contracted with wind power companies. Then when fracking came into being, windmill turbine projects were cancelled because natural gas was much cheaper. Ohio Power was and still is conniving to get out of those contracts.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » February 28, 2022, 11:30 am

glalt wrote:
February 28, 2022, 11:18 am
Uncle Joe and the Greenies have stupidly crippled the US oil industry with their energy policies.
U.S. to be world's biggest LNG exporter in 2022

https://www.reuters.com/business/energy ... 021-12-21/
Hmmm....... :-k

pepesgrill
udonmap.com

Post by pepesgrill » March 1, 2022, 6:01 am

rick wrote:
February 28, 2022, 10:37 am
I see that the USA is predicting continually increasing gas production for the next 30 years. Obviously NOT inline with getting to netzero by 2050.
we don't have near the amount of hot air blowing
about as u.k. does. obviously, wind farming is the
solution to britains needs. endless energy source

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 1, 2022, 8:12 am

pepesgrill wrote:
March 1, 2022, 6:01 am
rick wrote:
I see that the USA is predicting continually increasing gas production for the next 30 years. Obviously NOT inline with getting to netzero by 2050.
Oh? Is Trump finished already? The bellows being maniacally pumped by Fox and OAN would suggest otherwise.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 1, 2022, 8:28 am

pepesgrill wrote:
rick wrote:
What a spiteful post. Your hatred of Britain needs its own thread. Why do you need this strange fixation on Britain into a thread about fracking? Factually an unsustainable shot at wind farming to boot. Wind farming contributes a quarter of all electricity in the UK.

It emits zero pollution, does not wreak havoc on aquifers and does not cause earthquakes. A much cheaper and environmentally sustainable source than fracking
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 1, 2022, 9:17 am

Whistler wrote:
March 1, 2022, 8:28 am
pepesgrill wrote:
rick wrote:
What a spiteful post. Your hatred of Britain needs its own thread. Why do you need this strange fixation on Britain into a thread about fracking? Factually an unsustainable shot at wind farming to boot. Wind farming contributes a quarter of all electricity in the UK.

It emits zero pollution, does not wreak havoc on aquifers and does not cause earthquakes. A much cheaper and environmentally sustainable source than fracking
Nobody's hating Britain here? Giggle hasn't posted.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

pepesgrill
udonmap.com

Post by pepesgrill » March 1, 2022, 12:40 pm

he doesnt understand humour or a little friendly
elbow nudging & likes to fabricate accusations in
his spare time. no comments were directed at him =; this is the guy now who was having a " full go"
at a local restaurant for perceived offense 2yrs ago or was it 18 mo. but others are spiteful& mean

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 1, 2022, 1:05 pm

pepesgrill wrote:
March 1, 2022, 12:40 pm
he doesnt understand humour or a little friendly
elbow nudging & likes to fabricate accusations in
his spare time. no comments were directed at him =; this is the guy now who was having a " full go"
at a local restaurant for perceived offense 2yrs ago or was it 18 mo. but others are spiteful& mean
Oh, my comments about a certain restaurant, 2 years ago, 18 months ago? Try 10 weeks ago, rather than spiteful it was simply agreeing with several others on here saying exactly the same as myself. In fact my comments included some complimentary statements as well, not a tad spiteful by any reasonable observation. An other sad element about your post is getting the facts right, I don't even think the establishment was under the current management 2 years ago.

Enormously loose with the facts...... Again.

If you think you are humorous, go get a job as a stand up comic, give it ago, nobody will laugh at you, 55.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » March 1, 2022, 1:09 pm

See page 33 for renewable energy source breakdown. No, wind energy does not produce a quarter of UK's energy but a quarter of the renewables. Bioenergy (pig poo?) produces 61% https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... f_2021.pdf
Dave

pepesgrill
udonmap.com

Post by pepesgrill » March 1, 2022, 1:11 pm

Whistler wrote:
March 1, 2022, 1:05 pm

Oh, my comments about a certain restaurant, 2 years ago, 18 months ago? . . . . .
exactly , they already endured (1) roasting from you. and then a few weeks back, you decided it all
warranted a fresh roasting, for 2nd time. whatever =;

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 1, 2022, 1:38 pm

FrazeeDK wrote:
March 1, 2022, 1:09 pm
See page 33 for renewable energy source breakdown. No, wind energy does not produce a quarter of UK's energy but a quarter of the renewables. Bioenergy (pig poo?) produces 61% https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... f_2021.pdf
thanks, I stand corrected.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 1, 2022, 1:41 pm

pepesgrill wrote:
March 1, 2022, 1:11 pm
Whistler wrote:

Oh, my comments about a certain restaurant, 2 years ago, 18 months ago? . . . . .
exactly , they already endured (1) roasting from you. and then a few weeks back, you decided it all
Please show the post

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » March 1, 2022, 1:55 pm

does fracking = roasting?
Dave

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » March 1, 2022, 2:03 pm

here's a recent review on fracking potential in the UK https://www.lse.ac.uk/granthaminstitute ... in-the-uk/
Dave

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 1, 2022, 2:14 pm

Frazee

Admittedly the source was WIKI which is not always 100%, but they do cite references that wind power contributed 24.8% of UK Electricity Supply, not 25% of renewables, The quoted articles in both The Guardian and a person called Grant Wilson.

I read your source as well, the graph on page 28 shows wind and solar contributed to more than 28% of all electricity generation in 2020. Solar is not much in the UK.

Your thoughts?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 1, 2022, 2:49 pm

Whistler wrote:
March 1, 2022, 2:14 pm
Frazee

Admittedly the source was WIKI which is not always 100%, but they do cite references that wind power contributed 24.8% of UK Electricity Supply, not 25% of renewables, The quoted articles in both The Guardian and a person called Grant Wilson.

I read your source as well, the graph on page 28 shows wind and solar contributed to more than 28% of all electricity generation in 2020. Solar is not much in the UK.

Your thoughts?
It's the sun.

Or lack thereof.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 1, 2022, 7:08 pm

pepesgrill wrote:
March 1, 2022, 1:11 pm
Whistler wrote:

Went back and looked at my posts. First one was July 2021 that stated

'Fascinating.

Seems there were problems when she was a cook at the Brick House years ago, but anybody complained then, the forum members ripped into the one who complained.

I ate at the Country Grill recently, best Ploughman's lunch I can remember, daughter's Bangers and Mash was excellent, but wife's Thai prawns were a bit too salty for her to finish.

I would happily go back again, and when ordering simply ask to cut back on the salt. Looking forward to trying her Mexican food'

That was my first post on The Country Grill, 8 months ago, not 2 years and not even 18 months and the review was cautious but mostly positive. Certainly not ripping in.

Once again pepesgrill, you are a dead set liar.

pepesgrill
udonmap.com

Post by pepesgrill » March 1, 2022, 7:12 pm

oh please, you've made so many vengeful posts
against this eatery, i can't even be bothered to count them. try looking at your last (10) posts =; psycho

Return to “General Debates & Discussions”