How big a part does social media play in your life?

General off-topic debates and discussions forum.
parrot
udonmap.com

Re: How big a part does social media play in your life?

Post by parrot » November 5, 2022, 8:45 am

Kenr6583 wrote:
November 5, 2022, 8:21 am
Anyone who is elated or upset over Musk taking over Twitter needs to get a life. There are definitely more important issues in life.
That's sort of like saying if you don't smoke weed, or aren't considering having an abortion, or don't subscribe to the idea of magic mushrooms for your sanity, then those issues shouldn't be of concern. The reality is that the man who led our country for four years basically ran it on twitter.
I generally think highly of Musk......but when it comes to some of his ideas about twitter, I can see where Xi Jinping gets off silencing people like Jack Ma, Jimmy Lai, Guo Wengui. It's hard to think that Musk could follow in the footsteps of Kanye........there's another thing to add to the list of weed, abortion, mushrooms....things I don't give a rat's a$$ about until I do.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » November 5, 2022, 9:18 am

parrot wrote:
November 5, 2022, 8:45 am
Kenr6583 wrote:
Anyone who is elated or upset over Musk taking over Twitter needs to get a life. There are definitely more important issues in life.
That's sort of like saying if you don't smoke weed, or aren't considering having an abortion, or don't subscribe to the idea of magic mushrooms for your sanity, then those issues shouldn't be of concern. The reality is that the man who led our country for four years basically ran it on twitter.
I generally think highly of Musk......but when it comes to some of his ideas about twitter, I can see where Xi Jinping gets off silencing people like Jack Ma, Jimmy Lai, Guo Wengui. It's hard to think that Musk could follow in the footsteps of Kanye........there's another thing to add to the list of weed, abortion, mushrooms....things I don't give a rat's a$$ about until I do.
Why be elated or upset about it? When individuals need to have Twitter for their “freedom of speech” platform, they have issues. When individuals get upset about what’s posted on Twitter, they have issues. When individuals use a platform like Twitter for their source of information, they have issues.The previous POTUS put nonsense out there on Twitter, just like many people do. If he indeed did run the country on Twitter as you claim, no wonder we had four (4) ****** up years here.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 5, 2022, 4:12 pm

Kenr6583 wrote:
November 5, 2022, 7:40 am
It doesn’t matter where they work from, or what their position is, or whether they have a work contract, each state has different laws when it comes to layoffs. California has a law that an employee must be given a 60 day notice when a company has over 100 employees.
Well that should keep some CA lawyers happy.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 5, 2022, 4:15 pm

Kenr6583 wrote:
November 5, 2022, 9:18 am
parrot wrote:
Kenr6583 wrote:
Why be elated or upset about it? When individuals need to have Twitter for their “freedom of speech” platform, they have issues. When individuals get upset about what’s posted on Twitter, they have issues. When individuals use a platform like Twitter for their source of information, they have issues.The previous POTUS put nonsense out there on Twitter, just like many people do. If he indeed did run the country on Twitter as you claim, no wonder we had four (4) ****** up years here.
So people who aren't Twitter users don't have issues?

You sure?
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » November 5, 2022, 7:20 pm

tamada wrote:
November 5, 2022, 4:15 pm
Kenr6583 wrote:
November 5, 2022, 9:18 am
parrot wrote:
Kenr6583 wrote:
So people who aren't Twitter users don't have issues?

You sure?
Well you might be the exception.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » November 20, 2022, 1:45 am

Kenr6583 wrote:
I'm afraid I have to 'fess up to reading his posts this evening and he looks as though he's enjoying the palaver he caused. There's nothing like people who take themselves too seriously having the p!ss taken out of them. :lol:
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 20, 2022, 10:30 am

Trump is back in the Twitterverse.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Return to “General Debates & Discussions”