Abortion

General off-topic debates and discussions forum.
pepesgrill
udonmap.com

Re: Abortion

Post by pepesgrill » January 28, 2022, 8:16 pm

has declan & prof dan left building? under
withering fire from the indomitable kp

the facts are inescapable. kp large & in charge

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » January 29, 2022, 3:13 am

pepesgrill wrote:
January 28, 2022, 8:16 pm
has declan & prof dan left building? under
withering fire from the indomitable kp

the facts are inescapable. kp large & in charge
no declan is still trying hard to avoid explaining that last year that only 58 million people died and 3.5 million were just from covid . facts are inescapable
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

pepesgrill
udonmap.com

Post by pepesgrill » January 29, 2022, 6:35 pm

few things in life more patronizing than those who

spell the word with archaic , olde english (s) [-(
it's 21st century lads . use international spelling

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » January 30, 2022, 8:07 am

pepesgrill wrote:
January 29, 2022, 6:35 pm
few things in life more patronizing than those who

spell the word with archaic , olde english (s) [-(
it's 21st century lads . use international spelling
Just because English is SPELT differently, does not mean it is NOT correct NOR has a different meaning .
For years that argument has been ongoing as is has been KNOWN that American English spells English as it is said not has it should be. In any event many American words have not moved with the times as they still use out of date and no longer used English words for everyday words. EG: Sidewalk, denoting a Pavement only Americans would use terminology to show where to walk on a road. Morons. ...lol

To criticise any spelling of the English L:anguage is petty and childish but than as a country such tender years it is hardly surprising that they demand their spelling , not what is acceptable to almost half the worlds population as to the spelling of the vast majority of the English language.

pepesgrill
udonmap.com

Post by pepesgrill » January 30, 2022, 3:26 pm

these english spelling mistakes are what caused
fall of british empire. at least, thats what we were
taught as kids. why yanks can spell i guess

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » January 30, 2022, 5:54 pm

pepesgrill wrote:
January 30, 2022, 3:26 pm
these english spelling mistakes are what caused
fall of british empire. at least, thats what we were
taught as kids. why yanks can spell i guess
You really are a numpty............lol

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » February 7, 2022, 2:38 am

Apologies if this change was mentioned earlier but I saw this in Stickman's 6 February column:
So many things have changed in Thailand and it will take time for me to get back up to speed. There is a lot to catch up on. Did you know, for example, that abortion is now legal in Thailand? – at least, it’s legal in the first trimester. It used to only be allowed with a doctor’s approval and my understanding is that that wasn’t always easy to get. A change for the better, methinks.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » May 3, 2022, 1:36 pm

It looks like it's going to be bye bye Roe V Wade. This is a biggie for many Americans.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 3, 2022, 1:44 pm

GT93 wrote:
May 3, 2022, 1:36 pm
It looks like it's going to be bye bye Roe V Wade. This is a biggie for many Americans.
Biggie for many Americans. Huge for their as-yet unborn.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » May 3, 2022, 4:23 pm

Oh well considering the current situation in the USA and more so the GOP it is no wonder they are taking a retrograde step , women are by definition it seems unable to have their own minds any more just shut up and put up with it. Sad really, but no real surprises . Judging bt some comments mainly from Red neck republican people, the renewing of the sujugation of women as almost second class citizens will do imeasureable harm to their rights

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » May 3, 2022, 7:02 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
May 3, 2022, 4:23 pm
Oh well considering the current situation in the USA and more so the GOP it is no wonder they are taking a retrograde step , women are by definition it seems unable to have their own minds any more just shut up and put up with it. Sad really, but no real surprises . Judging bt some comments mainly from Red neck republican people, the renewing of the sujugation of women as almost second class citizens will do imeasureable harm to their rights
Khun Paul, there's nothing "red neck" about good God-fearing people who have Christian conservative values and vote Republican because the Democratic Party doesn't represent their values. The issue of abortion is less about the woman's rights and more about the rights of the unborn. One can't consider the one and give no or less weight to the other. It's a very complicated issue and it's very difficult to find a balance. If one believes in God and takes the side of God's Word and one's own God-fearing conscience, then there's just no way that we would give less weight to what we consider to be murder by abortion just so that women can be rid of their so-called "problem" when they had an opportunity to abstain from the act that made them pregnant, yet chose not to. One day we will all stand before our Creator and give an account for all of our life's decisions and the thoughts of our hearts. Choosing a woman's right to murder her child over the right to life for the unborn is certainly a hill that I would NOT be willing to die on! You have every right to your opinion, and I have have every right to mine, so we'll just leave it at that. I am convinced that when I die and enter eternity, I will be forever with the Lord Jesus Christ and there will be no condemnation for me....and not because I am anywhere near good enough, but only because I have received HIM as my Lord and Savior!
Last edited by semperfiguy on May 3, 2022, 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 3, 2022, 8:06 pm

Yes, KP take note. Unless it was another immaculate conception, it's forever womens fault for failing to stop these carnal couplings. Meanwhile, men revel in their blamelessness by making the laws that women must obey.

The only thing that's missing is the Quran and the Burqa.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » May 4, 2022, 3:31 am

semperfiguy wrote:
May 3, 2022, 7:02 pm

just so that women can be rid of their so-called "problem" when they had an opportunity to abstain from the act that made them pregnant, yet chose not to.
So a 12 year old who was raped by good old Uncle Harry had a choice, I think not!

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » May 4, 2022, 5:47 am

I'm guessing the Trumpsters will see this as a huge huge win for Trump and Moscow Mitch.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » May 4, 2022, 6:37 am

I read some of the posts relating to HOW IT MUST BE A WOMANS fault that she is pregnant, written by uneducated and certainly misogynist people.
We forget all those people that the MALE of the species is also normally present in the act to ensure fertilisation and so often in the case of wanting to abort a foetus it is because of the male that the female requires an abortion. Not that i am condoning abortion but consider that it is in many cases a necessary evil to be allowed, because of circumstances dictated by the situation, which in my book cannot be regulated by law, as the exemptions would be far longer than the law outlawing it.

Do not even attempt to preach to me what GOD says, holier than thou does not sit on most shoulders and certainly not those who post thus.

Sure there are cases where a womans' actions have ensured a pregnancy but these are rare, often in an attempt to trap a male donor, but these days also there are so many methods where a female can if she so desires stop medically the blological actions of fertilisation.

One person said it is a woman's problem, i am so glad that men cannot become pregnant judging by those remarks I see the problem, the SO-CALLED MEN ( being polite here ) who profess to lecture all of us sinners about the our standards while at the same time ignoring the fact that often MEN are and always will be the problem. as without them there would be no problems and this subject would be irrelevant.

In my previous life I dealt with many many cases involving problems relating to illicit and often attacks of a sexual nature and 96% of the time it was the MALE who was the aggressor and the woman often had to comply or the reaction of the male was horrible ( seen that too ) .

in summary i agree while abortion is necessary for medical intervention purposes, a LoVING CARING male partner would 99% of the time agree, however the reason why they are sought is because there is NO loving partner and that the pregnancy has occurred because of lies and threats .

Being a male I understand this but being a gentleman I would never do act in such a cavalier manner, but judging by some comments, it is plain that some are NOT gentlemen and their comments show us that.

Just think to those who say it is womans problem, it was because of a decision BY A WOMAN that you are here, you may have many fathers but you will only have ONE BIOLOGICAL MOTHER , learn to respect them and their choices please !!!!!.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » May 5, 2022, 4:39 pm

Simply said, abortion = terminating an unwanted pregnancy. But the clarion call of the "Pro-Choice" side is "my body my choice.." Of course they're referring to abortion but it also applies to consensual unprotected sex with its attendant rampant Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD's). Humans are hormonally driven and "thinking with their gonads" is just how it is. Barring some miracle male or female contraceptive that is long term, simple and with minimal side effects we're always going to have abortions as a means of post coital birth control. Some of the activists proudly state they had an abortion. Yeah, so, and an abortion is better than using appropriate contraceptives, taking immediate action if you didn't (morning after pill) and not wait past the first tri-mester to do it? Yes, yes, people in denial, people avoiding dealing with it etc.. Lots of moving parts in the whole mess but it sure seems that the hard core pro-abortion folks never delve into advocating avoiding getting pregnant in the first place as a goal to push..
Dave

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 5, 2022, 4:50 pm

Then there's Catholicism and the sanctity of lifers.

Disclaimer: Some of my best friends (and some relatives) are left-footers.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » May 5, 2022, 6:03 pm

as so o0ften after two more posts, we all recognise the aversion to abortion by many, many of the so-called pro-;lifers seem to be jumping on a band-wagon and that also includes Catholics . That religion has had to deal with the si-called contraceptive ban for years as well as knowing that in mid 20 century in many staunch Catholic countries, backstreet abortions were happening on a regular basis /
I take the point of known and easily obtained Medical intervention procedures, Morning after pill etc, but in some cases the lady in question is unable to seek that advice or intervention due to often family circumstances or partners controlling .
It is bad enough dealing with women who have been raped, and to hear often the families denying medical intervention is also amazing but if a minor is involved the Police can never interfere, knowing the end result will be terrifying for the victim, normally a young girl . Whose ony recourse is to summon up enough to flee her home and seek help in those instances time is not on her side and any law which denies these people o0f a medical intervention is deemed to be viable and save is an aFfront to the rights of the female . If you are going down that route then RAPISTS should be medically castrated and that should be written into law.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 11, 2022, 1:20 pm

Abortion.png

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 11, 2022, 3:04 pm

When maybe up to 80%(?) of abortions in the US are done by pharmaceutical means, the morning after pill and the like, the turmoil doesn't make much sense to me.

It seems pretty much everything that mildly upsets in America is quickly elevated to perceived violations of civil liberties, human rights or, if you're a conservative, the Bible and the Constitution.

Some folks just gotta hate something.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Return to “General Debates & Discussions”