Abortion

General off-topic debates and discussions forum.
AlexO
udonmap.com

Re: Abortion

Post by AlexO » May 11, 2022, 8:06 pm

tamada wrote:
May 5, 2022, 4:50 pm
Then there's Catholicism and the sanctity of lifers.

Disclaimer: Some of my best friends (and some relatives) are left-footers.
Just picked up on this thread so forgive me if I have missed some points but a take on what Tam posted.
A good number of years ago my mothers sister (Auntie) who was, and still is a really staunch Catholic, was pregnant with twins and was informed by Doctors that she would be unable to go full term with the pregnancy and it was virtually guaranteed that she would also die. She actually had so much faith in the churches teachings that my uncle had to contact the highest Catholic authorities in Canada to verify that she would not be condemned to whatever is the opposite of a Catholic Heaven if she terminated. Then a Bishop or some other high one came to the hospital and discussed it with her and give her reassurance. The pregnancy was terminated and my Aunty is now a sprightly 89 years old, has four loving children (who were born before the pregnancy that caused the near fatal problem) who grew up with a loving mother, and has handfuls of grandchildren who treat her as a goddess. So while I don't believe in abortion as some form of contraception, there are many cases where medical or mental issues must be taken as an over riding factor in deciding what is to happen.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » May 12, 2022, 6:54 am

Well there you have it the American Senate that august body of 100 elected people to serve the People of their states have made an entirely predictable decision about ABORTION. BEING mainly male many do not SEE the problem there more so if you are a Republican seeking to suck up the Parties ideals. bugger the women . Now if that almost 50 years of abortion L<aw Roe V Wade is overturned, just watch the fall-out occur in many STATES with Misogyist law-makers ( mainly republicans ) put Womens Health back to the beginning of the 1900s`.
Do not let anyone say Americans are intelligent, they voted for these people for reasons which I fail to even begin to understand

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » May 12, 2022, 8:05 am

Khun Paul wrote:
May 12, 2022, 6:54 am
... Do not let anyone say Americans are intelligent, they voted for these people for reasons which I fail to even begin to understand
That's a bit strong KP. How are American readers supposed to feel after seeing that? :roll:

Over to you pepesgrill.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 12, 2022, 8:24 am

GT93 wrote:
May 12, 2022, 8:05 am
Khun Paul wrote:
... Do not let anyone say Americans are intelligent, they voted for these people for reasons which I fail to even begin to understand
That's a bit strong KP. How are American readers supposed to feel after seeing that? :roll:

Over to you pepesgrill.
I would think that most American readers would see who's commenting and not bother to click on it.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » May 12, 2022, 8:38 am

tamada wrote:
May 12, 2022, 8:24 am
GT93 wrote:
Khun Paul wrote:

Over to you pepesgrill.
I would think that most American readers would see who's commenting and not bother to click on it.

They probably will not pay any attention to it as usual the TRUTH hurts and no-one likes to be called un-intelligent but facts are there to be seen and debated upon, failure to debate and criticise underlies what I perceive to be wrong in many countries where they call themselves a DEMOCRACY , but sadly recent events have shown many that America is no longer a country that can call itself FREE, if Roe v Wade is overturned, plus the ACTIONS OF number 45 goes completely unpunished will allow the next loud mouthed egomaniac to do what he/she likes knowing that there will always be support for those sort of people.

SiIMPLE FACT : THE American VOTER ( or should I say those allowed to vote under many states controversial rules etc ) are the very people that put thses so-called Pillars of American DEMOCRACY in their positions of overseeing the Laws of the La, relating to abortion, voting and a host of other laws.
When most of them only really seek POWER having tasted it and seen what No 45 did with it, they liked it and seek to carry on in the same vein trampling over Mr and Mrs PUBLIC to get what they want .The Public are mere tools and when the Public wakes up it may well be too late .

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » May 12, 2022, 8:50 am

tamada wrote:
May 12, 2022, 8:24 am
GT93 wrote:
Khun Paul wrote:

Over to you pepesgrill.
Probably FOX News addicts............lol

Return to “General Debates & Discussions”