Wokey, wokey! Rise and shine!

General off-topic debates and discussions forum.
Earnest
udonmap.com

Re: Wokey, wokey! Rise and shine!

Post by Earnest » January 24, 2023, 7:15 pm

Whistler wrote:
January 24, 2023, 3:50 pm
If you look at M&H they explained their us of the word, not about slamming progressives but in the context of racism and feminism.
That's right, except there's a huge flaw to her thinking because woke is related to diversity. Her concentration on racism and feminism demonstrates her narcissistic approach to exploiting the world around her and her husband is too daft to understand that. What about those with transgender issues? Neither racist nor feminist so M and H won't be concerned despite acknowledging that it's about injustice in society. Don't believe the hype, these self-appointed champions of woke couldn't give a fiddler's fart about injustice unless it directly affects them.

This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » January 24, 2023, 7:26 pm

A big tick Earnie
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » January 24, 2023, 7:29 pm

So if you take on one "woke" cause, does that mean you are obliged to take them all on?

That's a pretty big bucket list.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » January 24, 2023, 7:32 pm

Woke is about being aware. I argue Meghan and her tame aristocrat use woke to further their own ends. They don't care about real injustice in the World. In the interests of balance, Tubby, I would say the new Prince of Wales is the same.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » January 24, 2023, 7:46 pm

Perhaps they are looking to get their own injustices (read - the Pommy press) sorted out first - after all, that has been the bane of their existence for some time.

Along with, of course, the Buckingham mafia.

And I certainly don't blame them for that.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » January 25, 2023, 3:50 am

Yes, it's a personal beef for sure. I'm sure they'll be OK, they're privileged, they have money and there's two more books to write yet. If woke is awareness of injustice then are there more deserving causes that need to be illuminated in the World?

Return to “General Debates & Discussions”