T O T

General off-topic debates and discussions forum.
Khun Paul
udonmap.com

T O T

Post by Khun Paul » November 11, 2020, 8:29 am

This my current pet peeve about the utter illogical actions by a Thai Company

Due to what I would call general incompetence by TOT the Telecommunications company in Thailand they have decided to stop all OLD landline phones and instead change to internet based phones with the same numbers. They however forgot that with no electricity the internet phones will not work as the home router will not work. But they blame Western Countries as they cannot upgrade their ancient equipment, even though in the WEST we can.

They have yet to deliver the said so-called New Technology although they are still charging me for a landline rental. go figure .

Any of you hade similar here in Thailand , I can still communicate with Mobile and Internet but bloody hell after 17 years just to cut me off, without so much as an if you please and a sorry

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Re: T O T

Post by newtovillagelife » November 11, 2020, 9:15 am

Khun Paul wrote:
November 11, 2020, 8:29 am

Due to what I would call general incompetence by TOT the Telecommunications company in Thailand they have decided to stop all OLD landline phones and instead change to internet based phones with the same numbers. They however forgot that with no electricity the internet phones will not work as the home router will not work. But they blame Western Countries as they cannot upgrade their ancient equipment, even though in the WEST we can.

They have yet to deliver the said so-called New Technology although they are still charging me for a landline rental. go figure .

Any of you hade similar here in Thailand , I can still communicate with Mobile and Internet but bloody hell after 17 years just to cut me off, without so much as an if you please and a sorry
Who still uses a landline, get with the program old man.....O and spend a little and you can add a data plan to your phone...then when power outages occur, it's not an issue.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » November 11, 2020, 9:20 am

Thought landlines were obsolete turn of the 20th century

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » November 11, 2020, 9:21 am

Nothing new, wifes landline was cut off almost a year ago. She had paid 50 baht a month to keep number until she could get internet phone connection from TOT. Guess what, TOT has no internet lines to our area so wife finally canceled the "service" completely. Next trip home she will see about using another company for internet/home phone.

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » November 11, 2020, 9:22 am

noosard wrote:
November 11, 2020, 9:20 am
Thought landlines were obsolete turn of the 20th century
Not when you have an 80+ year old mother who knows nothing about cell phones but wants to talk to sons at times.
Last edited by Stantheman on November 11, 2020, 10:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » November 11, 2020, 9:42 am

newtovillagelife wrote:
November 11, 2020, 9:15 am
Khun Paul wrote:
November 11, 2020, 8:29 am

Who still uses a landline, get with the program old man.....O and spend a little and you can add a data plan to your phone...then when power outages occur, it's not an issue.
Yes all is possible, however the PEACE of mind knowing that a self powered ( TOT powered ) landline was always there and could be used was helpful .

Not a question of getting with the program old man, it is the outward LACK of any Customer Care that pisses me off and LACK of any co-ordinated approach.
Plus Phone bills paid monthly and as AIS and others will only offer idiotic schemes, which if you use too much of one thing , the rest is exorbitantly charged the TOT billing was fair all the time.

By the way all my family are pleased they still have landlines even though they do have all the other electronic devices, as a Landline is NOT continually interrupted by anything else.

By the way all my

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » November 11, 2020, 10:23 am

TT&T cut off our land line without any notice about 2 years ago. Had to go to TOT to find out that they went out of business. Got a new line through TOT but not the same number.

Return to “General Debates & Discussions”