America's history

General off-topic debates and discussions forum.
Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Re: America's history

Post by Khun Paul » February 15, 2022, 4:19 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
February 15, 2022, 11:28 am
How many (per 1m population) people have died from covid in Ethiopia?

Even Id suggest thats taking "Americas History" to a new level :lol:
Who cares only the Ethiopians .................lol

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » February 15, 2022, 7:10 pm

Here is a lesson in U.S. History, Commanche style,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGA_18W1U0Y
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » February 15, 2022, 7:14 pm

KP, Statto and Doodoo, you miss the point. If you are going to publish a list of countries and their covid deaths to highlight problems in the U.S.A., the OP should also include statistics from African countries in order for us to acquire a more complete perspective.

Hope this helps,

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » February 15, 2022, 7:32 pm

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
February 15, 2022, 7:14 pm
KP, Statto and Doodoo, you miss the point. If you are going to publish a list of countries and their covid deaths to highlight problems in the U.S.A., the OP should also include statistics from African countries in order for us to acquire a more complete perspective.

Hope this helps,
I re-read and re-read this a few time and though it was an amusing repost, However given the poster's past maybe it was actually serious. Please tell me it is not so
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » February 15, 2022, 7:47 pm

And I have Lala
I know you will spend your time looking up your requested info

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » February 15, 2022, 8:13 pm

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:

Hope this helps,
if anyone use the internet to prove themselves right, they should try using the internet to prove themselves wrong.

so anyway africa don't really count. the mean,median age of africans is so low they simply don't have too many old people to die of covid. i think it's nigeria that your lucky to live past the age of 60 in the first place
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » February 15, 2022, 11:01 pm

But, I wasn't trying to prove anything. I just thought more global information might be helpful to put the list into a better perspective. Is the question really that difficult to understand?

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » February 16, 2022, 6:51 am

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:

Hope this helps,
Sorry BUT we are Talking about American History , input as to how other countries impacted AMERICAN History are welcome . Covid DEATHS have nothing to do with this subject, post on a Covid related post there's a good chap.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » February 16, 2022, 10:00 am

KP, are you directing your comment to me or Noosard? KP, you seem to be losing it. Go back a page and note Noosard's list. And, note that you and Khun Whistler commented on it. I, also, wrote about it. If you are going to hand out silly messages, do not forget to admonish yourself.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » February 16, 2022, 10:03 am

KP
Keep on commenting as you please
Nothing silly about your somments, well at times

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » February 16, 2022, 12:13 pm

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
February 16, 2022, 10:00 am
KP, are you directing your comment to me or Noosard? KP, you seem to be losing it. Go back a page and note Noosard's list. And, note that you and Khun Whistler commented on it. I, also, wrote about it. If you are going to hand out silly messages, do not forget to admonish yourself.
YES ok into a little flagellation as its raining, not much else to do ...................lol
Suitably self-admonished ....lol

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » February 16, 2022, 12:32 pm

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
February 15, 2022, 7:10 pm
Here is a lesson in U.S. History, Commanche style,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGA_18W1U0Y
Shxt. :shock:

A bit like the Russian Front 80 years ago.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » February 16, 2022, 10:53 pm

Whistler did get one thing wrong, his decimal place is in the wrong place, it should be 0.28%, not 2.8%. But still one million dead by next month in USA. As for African Covid statistics, they are mainly a joke - hardly anyone can afford to pay for a test, and if you die, the government will still not pay - result - many cases and a quite a few deaths not recorded. My son is in West Africa, so has experienced this. He survived 18 months of the UK pandemic, but got Covid within 2 months in Africa.

So, next question - why did the Vikings not settle in America, as they knew it was there?

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » February 16, 2022, 11:35 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
February 16, 2022, 12:13 pm
Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
February 16, 2022, 10:00 am
YES ok into a little flagellation as its raining, not much else to do ...................lol
Suitably self-admonished ....lol
Well, don't go overboard like 19th century Prime Minister Gladstone. lol

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » February 16, 2022, 11:38 pm

rick wrote:
February 16, 2022, 10:53 pm
Whistler did get one thing wrong, his decimal place is in the wrong place, it should be 0.28%, not 2.8%. But still one million dead by next month in USA. As for African Covid statistics, they are mainly a joke - hardly anyone can afford to pay for a test, and if you die, the government will still not pay - result - many cases and a quite a few deaths not recorded. My son is in West Africa, so has experienced this. He survived 18 months of the UK pandemic, but got Covid within 2 months in Africa.

So, next question - why did the Vikings not settle in America, as they knew it was there?
Well if you don't like to add African names to the list, how 'bout Middle Eastern countries like Israel, Lebanon, Kuwait, Jordan, and Saudia Arabia?

anefarious1
udonmap.com

Post by anefarious1 » February 16, 2022, 11:50 pm

Whistler wrote:
February 13, 2022, 10:17 pm
Here is some sad facts about American history, the worst nation in the world at handling this pandemic.

One day this March, deaths from Covid 19 in the USA will surpass 1,000,000 (about 2.8% of population) in 2 years.

Spanish Flu - around 675,000 (around 7% of the population over 4 years)
Civil war - around 620,000 (around 6% of population) over 4 years
WW1 - 350,000 (around 3.5% of population) over 4 years
WW2 - 420,000 (around 3% of population) over 4 years

This makes COVID the greatest causes of death in American history, considering number of deaths annualised. Yet disturbing percentages of Americans ignore the importance of vaccinations, and precautions such as wearing masks.

A whole lot more relevant than events from past centuries.
Have you bothered to retract this? Numbers are not your thing.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » February 17, 2022, 2:07 am

The essential point is correct. The US has done very poorly in dealing with Covid. Some might say extremely poorly given pre-pandemic the US was rated one of the countries best prepared to handle a pandemic.

There seem to be a lot of raving nutters in the US - I mean a higher percentage of them than in other comparable countries. I wonder if that's always been so.

pepesgrill
udonmap.com

Post by pepesgrill » February 17, 2022, 2:28 am

attempting to use the covid 19 to smear is tacky
enough, but when the info presented isn't even
true? the u.k. has neary 150k deaths and a population slightly over 60 mil . guess what? scale
it up ( x6) and all ratios / percentages the same

as they very nearly are for all countries. excepting
those of course with obvious healthcare shortage

pepesgrill
udonmap.com

Post by pepesgrill » February 17, 2022, 2:42 am

GT93 wrote:
February 17, 2022, 2:07 am

. . . There seem to be a lot of raving nutters in the US - I mean a higher percentage of them than in other comparable countries. I wonder if that's always been so.
and here we are in peaceful, idyllic NZ . where even the gang members have turned out for anti-
vax clashes with police outside parliment. lovely
images-1.jpg

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » February 17, 2022, 2:58 am

There is a New Zealand thread. This is an American one. Every country has nutters but the US seems to have a large percentage of them. Given 94% of NZers 12 and over are vaccinated, the twits outside the NZ Parliament are a small minority. They won't all be nutters but some, perhaps many, are raving nutters. Imagine "the fun" Omicron is having among that lot.

Fortunately we don't have a Prime Minister or former Prime Minister encouraging our nutters to invade our Parliament buildings.

Return to “General Debates & Discussions”