Expat youtube overdose

General off-topic debates and discussions forum.
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Expat youtube overdose

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 22, 2020, 9:25 pm

Been dropping on youtube recently and cant help noticing the huge number of expats that are up loading vids about all.things Thai ..
I started to follow CB media as his vids were based around his many mainly motorcycle travels tours and experiences , the guy is very entrtaining but bound to come a cropper bombing about the highways n byways as he does.
On the flip side so many of these vids are reviews on restaurants . Shopping and really inane stuff like renewing a car n Mb license ... hiw many mire "my house build" youtube vids do we need ..it will soon be the case taking the mother in law to have her bunyons done will warrant a vid ..
Day time n night time walks around pattaya n the walking street that is more like the living dead street ...
Even live chats discussing Thai life , QnAs are popping up more n more .. and lets not forget the Anti Thai youtubers bashing everything they can more than likely after having a bad experience here n moving on gingerly ..

My point being .. what used to be a fun interesting passtime has morphed into an overdose or overkill of really rather tedious vids that i avoid like the plague .. sharing ones life vis a you tube channel is sad IMO ..but admittedly i dont understand if it generates any income if so enough to warrant this continous intrusion into ones everyday life ..not in my book..

Just as a talking point ..others may agree or not ..as ever no need to click.or open anything you dont wanna get embroiled in.

DM

Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Re: Expat youtube overdose

Post by stattointhailand » August 22, 2020, 10:40 pm

My pet turn off at the mo is the "We meet Fred & Poh at(insert town/resort/hotel/cafe)" on Gerry's channel,

followed 10 mins later by "We meet Gerry & Lek at (insert town/resorthotel/cafe)" on Fred's channel

Even if they get freebies from the Hotels/cafe's etc for saying how wonderful the place is you really have to wonder if the effort was really worthwhile. Must be a nightmare to get the other half to grin like a cheshire cat on the 4th or 5th take.

agree 100% the "travel" vids are worth a watch just to get ideas for future trips, but I really have limited interest when actually wandering around someones house so to go visit someone Ive never met on a video and look at their house & belongings is a total turn off.

could be worse DM there seems to be a serious desire to order goods from amazon at the moment ad make a you tube video of the box opening when it arrives

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » August 23, 2020, 12:44 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
August 22, 2020, 9:25 pm
Been dropping on youtube recently and cant help noticing the huge number of expats that are up loading vids about all.things Thai ..
I started to follow CB media as his vids were based around his many mainly motorcycle travels tours and experiences , the guy is very entrtaining but bound to come a cropper bombing about the highways n byways as he does.
On the flip side so many of these vids are reviews on restaurants . Shopping and really inane stuff like renewing a car n Mb license ... hiw many mire "my house build" youtube vids do we need ..it will soon be the case taking the mother in law to have her bunyons done will warrant a vid ..
Day time n night time walks around pattaya n the walking street that is more like the living dead street ...
Even live chats discussing Thai life , QnAs are popping up more n more .. and lets not forget the Anti Thai youtubers bashing everything they can more than likely after having a bad experience here n moving on gingerly ..

My point being .. what used to be a fun interesting passtime has morphed into an overdose or overkill of really rather tedious vids that i avoid like the plague .. sharing ones life vis a you tube channel is sad IMO ..but admittedly i dont understand if it generates any income if so enough to warrant this continous intrusion into ones everyday life ..not in my book..

Just as a talking point ..others may agree or not ..as ever no need to click.or open anything you dont wanna get embroiled in.

DM
You must be talking about the e beggars in Pattaya. Those worthless bottom feeders disgust me. Cry and cry if you don't send them money. Some of them actually think what they are doing is a job, and the worst part is idiots actually send them money.n

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 23, 2020, 2:09 am

Seems to me many of these youtubing expats put a lot of effort into the "job" .. its the tedious subject matter that i find irritating .. not remotely interested in watching 2 people going out to eat , shop , get a new driving license or go the hospital...let alone a whole house build saga .
Im.sour some ov the missus actually think they are movie stars ...so the sheer effort and intrusion into onesxpersonal life must be worth it .
CB media guy seems to be single .. very likeable entertaing travel vids , he gets up to allsorts of wacky stuff and stands out from.the dross otherwise on offer .

Does anyone know if its finacially worth it ? How much do youtubers get paid for likes n subcribers etc ..

I also recco Ironarmy vids .. great viewing excellent content.

Dm

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » August 23, 2020, 3:28 am

Yes, I've noticed there are more and more of them. And some of them have lots of followers. There seems to quite a bit of interest in these kinds of videos.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » August 23, 2020, 4:18 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
August 23, 2020, 2:09 am
Seems to me many of these youtubing expats put a lot of effort into the "job" .. its the tedious subject matter that i find irritating .. not remotely interested in watching 2 people going out to eat , shop , get a new driving license or go the hospital...let alone a whole house build saga .
Im.sour some ov the missus actually think they are movie stars ...so the sheer effort and intrusion into onesxpersonal life must be worth it .
CB media guy seems to be single .. very likeable entertaing travel vids , he gets up to allsorts of wacky stuff and stands out from.the dross otherwise on offer .

Does anyone know if its finacially worth it ? How much do youtubers get paid for likes n subcribers etc ..

I also recco Ironarmy vids .. great viewing excellent content.

Dm
The ones in Pattaya who humiliate Thai women and disrespect Thai culture, and will do anything for 20 baht, including some of the most humiliating things, yes, they do make money off of degenerate lowlifes who who like to see women degraded and some idiot behind the camera make a fool out of himself.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » August 23, 2020, 8:35 am

Have read you need a huge following to make tuppence

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » August 23, 2020, 8:41 am

noosard wrote:
August 23, 2020, 8:35 am
Have read you need a huge following to make tuppence
No, actually all you need is about 20 suckers "donating" to the cause a few times a month. And if you get a whale or two, you struck gold.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » August 23, 2020, 8:51 am

Most of these clowns that I knew of, and actually witnessed, in Pattaya, they live in 4,000 baht a month of shitholes, and get their "patreons" to donate to them while they are out and about making themselves look like idiots and having girls do some humiliating things. These followers actually send money to PayPal to buy these e beggars and bar girls drinks. It's both funny and sad at the same time. They actually have the scum of the scum there now, I'll never go back because of that.

timmy
udonmap.com

Post by timmy » August 23, 2020, 9:44 am

i do watch , C B media and Rides4kicks , but soon get very bored of all the rest there must be 4 or 5 in Udon alone who seem to do daily videos about " nothing " and what nobody cares about , i think they make there money from the advertisements that pop up every 2 mins or so , but more and more the same Ken6583 says they just ask straight out for donations or try to get you to buy " overpriced T-shirts and merchandise .

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 23, 2020, 10:43 am

timmy wrote:
August 23, 2020, 9:44 am
i do watch , C B media and Rides4kicks , but soon get very bored of all the rest there must be 4 or 5 in Udon alone who seem to do daily videos about " nothing " and what nobody cares about , i think they make there money from the advertisements that pop up every 2 mins or so , but more and more the same Ken6583 says they just ask straight out for donations or try to get you to buy " overpriced T-shirts and merchandise .
"...4 or 5 in Udon alone.."? Really? I wonder which of our esteemed UM membership are stooping to supplement their meager income in the vain hope of becoming an 'internet influencer'?

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » August 23, 2020, 1:26 pm

Noticed CB media guy had 1800 watching his "live stream" out & about in BKK at midnight last night

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » August 23, 2020, 2:25 pm

Sad, lonely tw*ts with little better to do than make ill informed and tedious generalisations on Thailand. Now enough of this forum and back to the subject matter :D :D

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » August 23, 2020, 4:20 pm

Never watched any or them, oh I lie I watched one talking about something near to Udon and I thought what a ------ and immediately forgot about him, So in as few words as possible, mainly rubbish spouted by wannabees .

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » August 23, 2020, 4:48 pm

I've watched a few and they are all the same really.cb media seems to the one that sticks out.very informative and he shows you things going on around Thailand that you would never guess goes on.motor shows,go cart tracks in Bkk,drag racing,climbing disused skyscrapers in Bkk sort of things.the other channels are just monotonous.at the end of the day it's all free and your not forced to watch it.i doubt if they make any real money.i find the worst of them are the ones walking about with hidden cameras like some sort of perverts and not saying a word.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 23, 2020, 8:32 pm

tamada wrote:
August 23, 2020, 10:43 am
timmy wrote:
"...4 or 5 in Udon alone.."? Really? I wonder which of our esteemed UM membership are stooping to supplement their meager income in the vain hope of becoming an 'internet influencer'?
There are lots of transient youtubers whonvisit udon to.ply their trade but i only know of one resident of udon who.does vids more or less every week.n thats "the isaan farang"..seems like a nice guy but theres only so much vid content out there n it all.get really tediousso.stopped bothering .
Marcosteffano wrote:
August 23, 2020, 4:48 pm
I've watched a few and they are all the same really.cb media seems to the one that sticks out.very informative and he shows you things going on around Thailand that you would never guess goes on.motor shows,go cart tracks in Bkk,drag racing,climbing disused skyscrapers in Bkk sort of things.the other channels are just monotonous.at the end of the day it's all free and your not forced to watch it.i doubt if they make any real money.i find the worst of them are the ones walking about with hidden cameras like some sort of perverts and not saying a word.

Agree ..

Dm

timmy
udonmap.com

Post by timmy » August 24, 2020, 6:50 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
August 23, 2020, 8:32 pm
tamada wrote:
August 23, 2020, 10:43 am
timmy wrote:
There are lots of transient youtubers whonvisit udon to.ply their trade but i only know of one resident of udon who.does vids more or less every week.n thats "the isaan farang"..seems like a nice guy but theres only so much vid content out there n it all.get really tediousso.stopped bothering .
Marcosteffano wrote:
August 23, 2020, 4:48 pm

Agree ..

Dm
another 1 is called " udon lady with farang " .

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 24, 2020, 7:47 am

Not heard of that one timmy ..

Bet it took em.a while to come up.with that original channel name !!!

As mentioned previously .. lots in Pattaya mainly just boring walkabout vids...another is a nice fella with a resort " land of smiles"

CB media guy remains the only one i bother with now , and his recent live stream attracted a large number of participants ... from his normal motorcy tours to car driftiing n Khon Kaen to up in a home made mycrolyte he covers a lot of good stuff ... not the going to a restaurant buyi g a new pair of matching his n hers underrpiants sh8te

Dm

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » August 24, 2020, 8:01 am

I hope you lads would be kinder than this when reviewing the Udon restaurants and bars. :lol:
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 24, 2020, 11:57 am

GT93 wrote:
August 24, 2020, 8:01 am
I hope you lads would be kinder than this when reviewing the Udon restaurants and bars. :lol:
Whats the point in rewieing if you cant comment accurately in fear of being unkind .. if a food or bar experience is dire or fabumous shoukd be pointed out accordingly .

Im.not seeing any anti kind / nasty comments on this thread just opinions on the expat youtubers currently in the mix and more so the vid content they are offering ..

Still no firm.idea if youtubing actually makes any doe ?? Which was my main.point as OP .. there are so many now ...WHY

Dm

Return to “General Debates & Discussions”