UK News

General off-topic debates and discussions forum.
GT93
udonmap.com

Re: UK News

Post by GT93 » May 14, 2021, 3:01 am

From The Guardian 8)
Rushanara Ali, Labour MP for Bethnal Green and Bow and a member of the select committee, told Cameron that his persistent lobbying of ministers had drawn the country and the position of prime minister into “disrepute”.

She said Lex Greensill, the founder and chief executive of the bank, was a “con artist”.

“At best” Greensill had used him, Ali said, “and at worst, frankly, exploiting your reputation and bringing the office of the former prime minister into disrepute, and you kind of went along with it.”

She added: “You played along, and you should have been much more careful about due diligence, and you turned a blind eye to things that were blindingly obvious.”

Cameron, who served as prime minister between 2010 and 2016, replied: “Well, obviously, I take a different view.”
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... id-cameron

David Cameron is looking as sleazy as Arthur Daley. Really disappointing.

P.S. I made a decent donation to The Guardian earlier this year. :lol:

Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: UK News - men are queuing up for ‘back to work’ Botox

Post by tamada » July 17, 2021, 11:55 pm

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: UK News - men are queuing up for ‘back to work’ Botox

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 18, 2021, 8:05 am

tamada wrote:
July 17, 2021, 11:55 pm
DM's beauty secrets revealed.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/luxury/mens ... ork-botox/
You know i confided in you Tam that I was booked in for buttox treatment and now you told every one .. my trust has gone [-X ..

When i turned up the doc took one look n said waste of money Mr Monkey .. we cant improve on perfection... save the money and spend it on beer Chang and smoked salmon trimmings ..i respect his professionalism.

Back in the real world .. looks like UK blokes may have to put the bottox on hold as cases surge , freedom day (tomorrow) looks like being cancelled and more like another lock down even with a huge % being vaccinated .. wonder what Vlad makes of that ?

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 18, 2021, 10:28 am

I love you just the way you are... but I digress.

It does look like the UK's pub and gym set are heading for another violation of their civil liberties. With Boris 'duck & hide' Johnson probably buggering off to Chequers to contemplate Carrie's tufted navel while the nation seethes, I expect Obergruppenführer Gove will be the nominated bearer of bad tidings. Actually, I reckon he proposes himself to do these, "Thanks for playing, but we lied again" moments.

Maybe our vlad will blame it on all those freeloading refugees in rubber boats (again) or those mucky Indians (again).

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 18, 2021, 12:43 pm

Although the jist of this story is inappropriate use of force and improper detention of a young female student by male police officers, I see a more worrying aspect.

These two female students who have no previous criminal history attended a protest in Bristol. After the fact, the police were able to identify them down to their address, gain entry and arrest them. It's already said that the cctv coverage in the UK is probably more dense than in most other nations. It's a given that facial recognition technology is advanced and the rapid scans of criminal facial databases as seen on CIS is a very real capability. I worry that the laws that allow this essential aid to crime detection and prevention to exist also allows for the arbitrary identification and targeting of anyone and everyone right down to their home. I appreciate that someone who has no previous criminal record can still commit a crime for the first time and at any time. Since the Avon and Somerset police realized pretty quickly that "she was not the person they were seeking", their apology for the inconvenience doesn't distract from the scope for enormous abuse of anonymous public data.

With regard to this case and in particular the letter of apology, their words, “I would like to apologise for the areas where it is felt that the service was not acceptable.” are not an apology but a defence. With the simple inclusion of "it is felt that" suggests that while they acknowledge that other people 'felt' it was not acceptable, it still remains totally acceptable to them. I believe that new laws that enable this sort of 'guilty until proven innocent' style of law enforcement was precisely what these protests were about. The 'You were seen near' or 'You fit the description' catch-all of US law enforcement is enabled by cctv that was installed by successive governments that claimed it was to improve public safety and make the public feel secure and more comfortable.

And she and her flat mate weren't black either.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... nt-in-raid

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 18, 2021, 2:25 pm

That non apology sounds like it was drafted by whoever does Pritti Patels "apologies"

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » July 18, 2021, 3:40 pm

GT93 wrote:
May 14, 2021, 3:01 am
From The Guardian 8)
Rushanara Ali, Labour MP for Bethnal Green and Bow and a member of the select committee, told Cameron that his persistent lobbying of ministers had drawn the country and the position of prime minister into “disrepute”.

She said Lex Greensill, the founder and chief executive of the bank, was a “con artist”.

“At best” Greensill had used him, Ali said, “and at worst, frankly, exploiting your reputation and bringing the office of the former prime minister into disrepute, and you kind of went along with it.”

She added: “You played along, and you should have been much more careful about due diligence, and you turned a blind eye to things that were blindingly obvious.”

Cameron, who served as prime minister between 2010 and 2016, replied: “Well, obviously, I take a different view.”
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... id-cameron

David Cameron is looking as sleazy as Arthur Daley. Really disappointing.

P.S. I made a decent donation to The Guardian earlier this year. :lol:
What a waste of money. It's time this 'SO' out of date rag was laid to rest. Its still crying that Steptoe lost the last election without actually asking why.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 20, 2021, 10:28 pm

^ Still striding masterfully off topic.
RBalex0.jpg

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 20, 2021, 10:39 pm

Im sure the guardian would have been laid to rest if it attained the same sort of viewing figures as GB News (even with the desperate introduction of Nigel Farage to try to boost the figures)

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 20, 2021, 10:43 pm

Been keeping this quiet for some reason ........

If you still have a GP in UK who holds your medical records you might want to see this .........

Makes the Facebook personal Data grab look like childsplay

Return to “General Debates & Discussions”