UK News

General off-topic debates and discussions forum.
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: UK News

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 24, 2020, 9:55 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 24, 2020, 9:02 pm
Statts .. you need to get out more ..

DM

Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 24, 2020, 9:58 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 24, 2020, 9:55 pm

Statts .. you need to get out more ..

DM
You mean like Dom and his old lady?

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 24, 2020, 10:05 pm

yes it would be a start and maybe statts can keep calm , breath and put this Dom death wish on the back burner as its nowt to mean owt .. blown out ov all proportions.

I think Cummings did the right thing... as a family man this trip was essential .

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » May 24, 2020, 10:33 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
May 24, 2020, 9:52 pm

Loads of MP's (all parties) who are saying their "Inbox" are full of messages requesting them to take action
I'm watching this continuous coverage now and, frankly, its pathetic.

Who the flip even messages their MP about something like this?! Yep, you've got it, it's all the feckless people with nothing better to do and who expect a nanny state to take care of them.

Most sensible people dont care. These are generally the people who get off their backsides and do something with their lives rather than relying on state handouts.

The latter is who I choose to mix with and listen to

I'm with DM on this one.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 24, 2020, 10:39 pm

Stay at home/protect the NHS/save lives ........ or take CV19 to a previously low risk area 260 miles away and risk spreading the virus to them

at least Bojo is coming out of hibernation at 11pm =D> =D>

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 24, 2020, 11:46 pm

What a waste of space Bojo is ..................

Didnt answer questions, moved on before anyone had a chance to nail him gave the same dithering answers.

Just like PMQ's ........ beaten all ends up ............ couldnt answer anything

tinpeeba
udonmap.com

Post by tinpeeba » May 25, 2020, 2:12 am

Johnson's coronavirus briefing this evening must have been difficult viewing for all those parents and grandparents who have made every effort to adhere to the lock down rules.

My nephew and his wife were ill with Covid-19 and they have two children aged 1 and 4. They kept strictly to the lock down rules even though the wife became very unwell indeed.

Basically Johnson just read out a speech, that was probably written by Cummings, absolving him of any wrong doing. He claimed that Cummings had no alternative but to travel to Durham for childcare when he and his wife were about to be incapacitated (which they were not). The Cummings' have family and friends near their London home who could have delivered food and other necessities to them and if they had both become too unwell to care for their child then their local authority childcare hub could have helped. I daresay there are plenty of other food delivery and childcare services available to wealthy people living in Islington.

Johnson also said Cummings was just following his instinct as a parent. The vast majority of parents and grandparents override their instincts and obey the law which I suppose makes them fools in Johnson's eyes.

tinpeeba
udonmap.com

Post by tinpeeba » May 25, 2020, 2:39 am

Posted on Twitter just after Johnson's briefing:
UK Civil Service tweet 24 May 2020.jpg

"Cabinet Office
@cabinetofficeuk
An unauthorised tweet was posted on a government channel this evening. The post has been removed and we are investigating the matter.
6:47 PM · May 24, 2020"

Chuchi
udonmap.com

Post by Chuchi » May 25, 2020, 7:25 am

samster wrote:
May 24, 2020, 10:33 pm
stattointhailand wrote:
May 24, 2020, 9:52 pm

Loads of MP's (all parties) who are saying their "Inbox" are full of messages requesting them to take action
I'm watching this continuous coverage now and, frankly, its pathetic.

Who the flip even messages their MP about something like this?! Yep, you've got it, it's all the feckless people with nothing better to do and who expect a nanny state to take care of them.

Most sensible people dont care. These are generally the people who get off their backsides and do something with their lives rather than relying on state handouts.

The latter is who I choose to mix with and listen to

I'm with DM on this one.
#MeToo. :D

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » May 25, 2020, 8:06 am

Love him or hate him , Boris needs Cummings , and Britain needs Boris .

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » May 25, 2020, 8:40 am

Johnson is making the UK look like a banana republic. It's critical that the public, led by the government, moves as much as possible as one in the battle against Covid 19. Thousands, perhaps tens of thousands, of lives are at stake. With the right approach Covid 19's damage can be sharply curtailed. The UK deserves better than Johnson. What a circus.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » May 25, 2020, 1:25 pm

you can't always get what you want , but if you
try sometimes , you get what you need

i'd be surprised if you brits didn't obsess about
something so trivial & inconsequential to big
picture . it's whingeing 24/7 in blighty

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 25, 2020, 1:54 pm

Some sharp observations on (mainly) Bojo from a Guardian opinion writer, which will potentially raise a few hackles and pulse rates among readers all over the world.
....... Boris Johnson is no more than Dominic Cummings’s sock-puppet. A fairly shabby one at that. The reality is that without Classic Dom, there could be no Boris. All that Boris really amounts to is a parasitical ball of compromised ambition fuelled by a viral overload of neediness and cowardice. There is no substance or dignity left within the prime minister. His only instinct is his own survival......

........ In saving Dom – for the time being at least – Boris had tossed away the credibility of his own government. He has been stripped bare and exposed as not very bright, lacking in judgment and completely amoral. Within an hour, he had not only defended the indefensible, he had basically told the nation they were free to do as they please.......
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... t-cummings

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » May 25, 2020, 3:05 pm

He's a politician Jack and, a pretty average one at that. The description by the Grauniad pretty much describes them all. It doesnt alter the fact that this is a storm in a teacup perpetuated by whingeing losers..

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 25, 2020, 3:57 pm

No argument with your first 2 sentences samster.

Disagree with the 3rd - if this happened in Oz (a comparable, 2 and a bit party political system), Cummings would have properly been gone in a heartbeat. Whichever party was in government.

The big difference as I see it as applying to the UK situation, is that sacking Cummings would effectively deprive Johnson of his cerebral cortex. Similar to Peta Credlin and Tony Abbott when he was the Oz PM.

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » May 25, 2020, 5:27 pm

Oh, he will go. Of that there is no doubt. But, what he did was not a sackable offence unless you are someone who likes to blame. For those, maybe, a look in the mirror would be more beneficial

Chuchi
udonmap.com

Post by Chuchi » May 25, 2020, 5:50 pm

I’ve Just been watching the reporters hounding this innocent man as he gets out of his car, no social distancing the hypocrites.Looks to me like they’re flagrantly breaking the law, some jail time wouldn’t go amiss.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 25, 2020, 7:41 pm

They were NOT "breaking the law" they were "just following their instinct" and Bojo reckons that is far more important than obeying the laws

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 25, 2020, 7:49 pm

one of my favourite tracks .. Statts relax sit back with a mugga tea n listen all way thru.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0MK7qz13bU

DM

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 25, 2020, 7:56 pm

Chuchi wrote:
May 25, 2020, 5:50 pm
I’ve Just been watching the reporters hounding this innocent man as he gets out of his car, no social distancing the hypocrites.Looks to me like they’re flagrantly breaking the law, some jail time wouldn’t go amiss.
Yesterday, we saw a hypocrite warning the press outside one of his homes about observing social distancing. Maybe 260 miles is what he prefers?

Return to “General Debates & Discussions”