UK News

General off-topic debates and discussions forum.
tinpeeba
udonmap.com

Re: UK News

Post by tinpeeba » May 28, 2020, 3:46 am

Lawyer's detailed examination of Cummings' statement:

https://www.ft.com/video/e82b5a00-3ad5- ... 14942aa5b1

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 28, 2020, 7:47 am

stattointhailand wrote:
May 28, 2020, 1:25 am
musical interlude for DM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nn_8t6iZMgc
Excellent Statts ... At last a bit of light heartedness .. as serious as this whole issue is ..NOT glad to see you are noe taking it in context .. :lol: :lol:
jackspratt wrote:
May 27, 2020, 11:19 pm
Is there any evidence that demonstrates that YouGov is not a credible polling organisation, and that the polls I have posted should therefore be disregarded?
Its the chosen participants in polls that is up for speculation not the polls themselves ..example a poll taken on a high street when passers by asked most will say on yer bike mate and not reply ..UNLESS the poll info gatherers spot and choose a certain demographic who they believe will comment a certain way . Its the same with election polling .. never accurate .... the exception being the exit poll by then its too late.

YouGov and all other polls are manipulated guesswork

I prefer this explanation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5PuVVaulk8

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 28, 2020, 8:02 am

stattointhailand wrote:
May 28, 2020, 1:13 am
Obviously a sh*t advisor ........ seeing the damage he was causing he SHOULD be advising Bojo to accept his resignation
Now this i dont agree with ..i think DC has over the last few months years done an excellent job advising and assisting in getting the country over the Brexit finishing line despite all the dirty remainer tactics .. Bojo needs him now for that final push then DC can and imo will graciously retire... with a knight hood.

DM

Chuchi
udonmap.com

Post by Chuchi » May 28, 2020, 9:10 am

tamada wrote:
May 26, 2020, 9:38 am
Chuchi wrote:
May 25, 2020, 9:52 pm
Meanwhile in Scotland 46% of Covid deaths linked to Care homes

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/20 ... ntributed/
Sturgeon appears to accept that her decision was wrong but claims it was based on the scientific evidence and knowledge "at the time."

This was the science and guesswork of her own chosen Chief Medical Officer who resigned after she was similarly caught exercising her disregard for the rule of law and disdain for common folk.

Rather bizarrely, Sturgeon also considers Johnson should accept Dom's resignation. This after she made a c*nt of herself defending her own CMO for the best part of a day. She learned to play her slippery political game well under the tutelage of the vile and obsequious Salmond.
I’m amazed Tam at these briefings how she receives such an easy ride by the press , its Obamaesque. It maybe the Scots
are more refined or maybe it’s because the reporters in the room work for pro EU paymasters.Watching Ian Blackford over the past few months my money is on the latter.

Chuchi
udonmap.com

Post by Chuchi » May 28, 2020, 9:14 am

stattointhailand wrote:
May 25, 2020, 9:39 pm
Well what do you know ........ the "attorney general" has just said that DC hasn't broken any laws :shock:

There we were, all thinking that sort of behavior only happened on the other side of the pond (Trump/Barr?)

Makes a mockery of any policing that will need to be done in the future
Maybe they should have asked Blair/Goldsmith for advice

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 28, 2020, 12:39 pm

ON TOPIC but a much needed change of direction away from DC .. BREXIT .. not forgetting the reason behind DC being hunted is just this.

So Barnier sends a letter to all the remainers saying the EU would allow an extention .. and Blackford thanks him ..WAFT

WE ARE OUT and now the SNP jerk is seeing a social media backlash .. SOM NUM NAR ------

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics ... is-Johnson

DM

tinpeeba
udonmap.com

Post by tinpeeba » May 28, 2020, 1:16 pm

Prime Minister Johnson at House of Commons liaison committee yesterday:

“I've been forbidden from announcing any more targets and deadlines.”

Says it all really.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 28, 2020, 1:22 pm

as most on here will know, I am not one of Bojo's biggest fans, however, last night whilst watching the "liason committee" I could not help but to feel sorry for him :shock: He genuinely looked ill. Not sure if it was some reaction to his recent bout of CV or something else, but he is quite obviously not well...

Given he appointed the "referee" and removed two of his own MP's from the questioning panel (fearing he could not answer their questions) , he was still "mauled" for 90 mins, for the most part by his own MP's. If it had been a fight the "referee" would have stopped the contest after the first round with him proving to be incapable of defending either himself or his govt

He was totally "owned" by a stream of Tory & Labour MP's and wouldn't even answer questions that had YES or NO answers.
He looked completely out of his depth especially when Yvette Cooper had him on toast
not one question got answered without a succession of I I I I's or Um Um Um Um's and he must have looked at whoever was off camera to his right on thirty or more occasions for help..

for his own good/health he needs to be put back on "sick leave" or at least removed from the firing line

I will be very surprised if we see him again before PMQ's next week

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 28, 2020, 1:27 pm

^ It was good to see Meg and Yvette riding his stuttering, blundering ass. Just enough to give us a flash of the tetchy, out of depth, out of touch Bojo.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/vi ... ings-video?

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 28, 2020, 1:31 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
May 28, 2020, 1:22 pm
as most on here will know, I am not one of Bojo's biggest fans, however, last night whilst watching the "liason committee" I could not help but to feel sorry for him :shock: He genuinely looked ill. Not sure if it was some reaction to his recent bout of CV or something else, but he is quite obviously not well...

Given he appointed the "referee" and removed two of his own MP's from the questioning panel (fearing he could not answer their questions) , he was still "mauled" for 90 mins, for the most part by his own MP's. If it had been a fight the "referee" would have stopped the contest after the first round with him proving to be incapable of defending either himself or his govt

He was totally "owned" by a stream of Tory & Labour MP's and wouldn't even answer questions that had YES or NO answers.
He looked completely out of his depth especially when Yvette Cooper had him on toast
not one question got answered without a succession of I I I I's or Um Um Um Um's and he must have looked at whoever was off camera to his right on thirty or more occasions for help..

for his own good/health he needs to be put back on "sick leave" or at least removed from the firing line

I will be very surprised if we see him again before PMQ's next week
Really i would never have known Statts

Maybe not 100% after his C19 infection.

New baby up breast feeding (if Carrie pumps) .. nappy changing takes its toll.

Just what all the whingers want Bojo and DC out the picture to cause Brexit havoc .. an extention is the last thing the UK needs

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 28, 2020, 1:45 pm

You know as well as everyone else DM, this Cummings Saga has bugger all to do with either Brexit or Political affiliation, there are over 40 Tory MP's publicly calling for DC to be sacked and 109 who zoom called the deputy Whip telling him they wanted him to be sacked

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 28, 2020, 1:48 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
May 28, 2020, 1:45 pm
You know as well as everyone else DM, this Cummings Saga has bugger all to do with either Brexit or Political affiliation, there are over 40 Tory MP's publicly calling for DC to be sacked and 109 who zoom called the deputy Whip telling him they wanted him to be sacked
The British public also think it is an important issue - by a fairly wide margin.
survey-result_small.png

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 28, 2020, 2:02 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
May 28, 2020, 1:45 pm
I dont agree ... IMO a large percentage of the peopLe you mention have ulterior motives

Afternoon Jack "YouGov' Sprat

Depends on who chose demographic to be asked the question.

BTW is Eddies old place still open nowadays , Did Pin keep it going.

DM

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 28, 2020, 2:38 pm

Youre seriously saying that 109 Tory MP's (plus lord knows how many that dont possess enough of a backbone to question their bosses mate) have an "ulterior motive" to want DC out ............ more like someone has an "ulterior motive" to keep him in situ [-X [-X [-X

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 28, 2020, 2:47 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
May 28, 2020, 2:38 pm
Youre seriously saying that 109 Tory MP's (plus lord knows how many that dont possess enough of a backbone to question their bosses mate) have an "ulterior motive" to want DC out ............ more like someone has an "ulterior motive" to keep him in situ [-X [-X [-X
YES ...sad but IMO true

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 28, 2020, 2:57 pm

DM did you watch the liaison committee meet?

Did you think Boris looked really ill or was it just me?

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 28, 2020, 3:07 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
May 28, 2020, 2:57 pm
DM did you watch the liaison committee meet? parts of it

Did you think Boris looked really ill or was it just me? he didnt look great
IMO .. I think BRITISH POLITICS in general (the lot of them) is in the gutter nowadays ..thank god it doesnt really directly effect me , politicians seem to just do and say WTF they like either in government or opposition as proven by Bercow and how Brexit played out ... just a bunch of egomaniacs who only care about themselves and will lie n cheat to further their seedy careers.

DM

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 28, 2020, 3:12 pm

Rotten to the core .. across the whole parliamentary spectrum.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 28, 2020, 3:15 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
May 28, 2020, 3:12 pm
Rotten to the core .. across the whole parliamentary spectrum.
We appear to agree on something then DM :lol:

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 28, 2020, 3:20 pm

Govt contact tracing website crashed less than 10 mins after opening

Return to “General Debates & Discussions”