Afghan

General off-topic debates and discussions forum.
noosard
udonmap.com

Afghan

Post by noosard » May 14, 2020, 8:59 am

Makes one wonder what the f they are thinking
Bombing funerals
killing mothers and babies in a maternity ward

Bound to make freinds and peace not

The number of people who were killed in a militant attack on a maternity ward in the Afghan capital has risen to 24.

Mothers, newborn babies and nurses were among the victims. At least 16 people were injured, the health ministry said.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-52642503
Last edited by noosard on May 14, 2020, 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

mickojak
udonmap.com

Re: Afghan

Post by mickojak » May 14, 2020, 9:02 am

Story?
Link?

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » May 14, 2020, 9:57 am

People living in many of those countries are so miserable that they consider martyrdom as a way out. If there is a hereafter, those young men thinking there are virgins awaiting them in paradise are going to be VERY disappointed. It's hard to believe that being brainwashed to that extent can justify killing people especially innocent women and children.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » May 14, 2020, 2:03 pm

While we ponder the illogical actions of so-called terrorists, let us hark back to certain cults sadly mainly in the US, who managed to control people mostly women to put up with all sorts of what we could call brain-washing and look again at these terrorists. Our collective history has a few, Hitler , Mao to name just two who collectively killed millions for what ?? Nowadays the same thought processes, but now under a different banner this one mainly religion, but skewed religion as basically the average Moslem is not like these people far from it.
Attempting to ascertain reasoning would be pointless I think.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » May 14, 2020, 2:27 pm

KP
You went from the US terrorism, to controling women, to Hitler and Mao and then the area of religion

You off the meds again or maybe a double dose today???
What cults in the USA that control women????
Hitler and Mao are not American at least that is what my History Teacher taught me

?????

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » May 14, 2020, 2:45 pm

OMG I am talking generally with Mind control etc on a broad base of cults and instances in which people have joined, partook and even been instrumental in killings generally. The question was WHY do people commit suicide bombings in relation to the latest in Afghanistan , so I linked it in with why did Hitler, Mao do what they did, it was because people believed and signed up for it same as the Cults in the US, why ( Waco and others ) , in Afghanistan they have signed up to it for unfathomable reasons, you could say depressed but it is more than that it is in many cases it is an ideology

Do try to keep up at the back .

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » May 14, 2020, 3:47 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
May 14, 2020, 2:03 pm
basically the average Moslem is not like these people far from it.
I used to believe this too, but,
After many years dealing with muslims, and other races, I have to disagree with this statement.

They are "ALL" taught that non muslims are infidels, (that basically only deserve spitting on), and that muslims will rule the world.
I believe that they all support terrorism, most are just passive about it.

IMHO
Mick

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » May 14, 2020, 3:53 pm

There ya go KP now dont you feel a bit better giving some substance to your original blurt

Waco was and remains much much different to the time of Hitler and that of Mao
David Koresh believed himself to be the Messiah. “He believed he was individual David,” Doyle told ABC News. “He was using music to reach a lot of people. We're thinking maybe it's a stage name. But it was more than that.”

Hitler was a different reasonhe first that germany was in ruins, and that when hitler came into power he promised these people what they wanted. They heard what they wanted to hear, and they didn't care about anything else. As long as they were fine.

Source #2 has some other facts. A man behind hitler that might have helped hitler get all the attention of the people. Joseph Goebbels was the mans name. He was the nazi party top propagandist. He controlled the media, art, film industry, etc.

Finally, some of Hitler's techniques, of how he talked to the people. Even though some of hitler's points were horrible and brutal, he knew how to talk to the people and make them involved with his plans. without propaganda, hitler and his plans wouldn't have gotten very far.
So Hitler and Koresh totally opposite.

Mao gained power through military force, The people supported him because he fought against the Japanese invaders and the Chinese nationalists were seen as being corrupt. China has lived through years of foreign domination and war lords fighting amongst themselves and Mao offered t hem stability and an end to foreign influence.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 14, 2020, 4:34 pm

mickojak wrote:
May 14, 2020, 3:47 pm
Khun Paul wrote:
May 14, 2020, 2:03 pm
basically the average Moslem is not like these people far from it.
I used to believe this too, but,
After many years dealing with muslims, and other races, I have to disagree with this statement.

They are "ALL" taught that non muslims are infidels, (that basically only deserve spitting on), and that muslims will rule the world.
I believe that they all support terrorism, most are just passive about it.

IMHO
Mick
Mick,

Ever heard of Sufi?
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » May 14, 2020, 4:49 pm

No, but happy to be informed

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 14, 2020, 4:51 pm

I wasn't aware that "Muslim" was a race, but notwithstanding, the many years I had a Muslim family as next door neighbours, and the years that I worked with Muslims in Indonesia, and Singapore/Malaysia, never once did I get the impression that any of them supported terrorism, or that I was in imminent danger of being spat on.

And that is not even counting those I worked with who may or may not have been Muslim, because it didn't seem particularly relevant or important.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » May 14, 2020, 5:16 pm

that muslims will rule the world...., and they will... simply by out breeding us not by blowing us up ,
in europe they have always believed in a multicultural society , i believe in this too but not with muslims , they will never adapt /accept another way of life as they have been thought by their in the stone ages stuck religion , europe is now swarmed with muslims and are harvesting all the problems this brought with them , one of the main reasons i already left my home country 23 years ago...i always feel safe here but will never return to my country of birth i should say ,my home country is here now ..and yes i even have muslim friends too , but when things get heated muslim will always choose for muslim , never forget this...sorry ...my opinion.. ;)

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » May 14, 2020, 5:30 pm

jackspratt wrote:
May 14, 2020, 4:51 pm
e many years I had a Muslim family as next door neighbours, and the years that I worked with Muslims in Indonesia, and Singapore/Malaysia, never once did I get the impression that any of them supported terrorism, or that I was in imminent danger of being spat on
Yes, Jack, the're the ones I've also worked with and associated with, the passive ones.
They are never going to tell you their true beliefs, it doesn't work that way.
The plan is not to upset, just to "try" and blend in and achieve the long term goals.

The fact is that Islamic terrorism has helped all muslims around the world.
Governments are too scared to upset them because of terrorism and the fear that some of their public will suffer.
Take airport prayer rooms, for example. Where did they come from?
Did the catholics, hindu's lobby for them?
Hell no, the muslims did.
So every time you fly somewhere you're paying for a muslim prayer room.
As an experiment, next time you fly, walk into a prayer room and check the reaction.
I did, it was amazing.
If eyes were knives.

Because of terrorism, they will eventually get everything they want.
Like Kopkei mentioned, beware.
If you can't see what the're doing around the world, you are blind.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 14, 2020, 6:31 pm

Doodoo wrote:
May 14, 2020, 3:53 pm
There ya go KP now dont you feel a bit better giving some substance to your original blurt

Waco was and remains much much different to the time of Hitler and that of Mao
David Koresh believed himself to be the Messiah. “He believed he was individual David,” Doyle told ABC News. “He was using music to reach a lot of people. We're thinking maybe it's a stage name. But it was more than that.”

Hitler was a different reasonhe first that germany was in ruins, and that when hitler came into power he promised these people what they wanted. They heard what they wanted to hear, and they didn't care about anything else. As long as they were fine.

Source #2 has some other facts. A man behind hitler that might have helped hitler get all the attention of the people. Joseph Goebbels was the mans name. He was the nazi party top propagandist. He controlled the media, art, film industry, etc.

Finally, some of Hitler's techniques, of how he talked to the people. Even though some of hitler's points were horrible and brutal, he knew how to talk to the people and make them involved with his plans. without propaganda, hitler and his plans wouldn't have gotten very far.
So Hitler and Koresh totally opposite.

Mao gained power through military force, The people supported him because he fought against the Japanese invaders and the Chinese nationalists were seen as being corrupt. China has lived through years of foreign domination and war lords fighting amongst themselves and Mao offered t hem stability and an end to foreign influence.
Hold on while I pull up a bar stool.

On second thoughts... meh.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » May 14, 2020, 6:39 pm

You do that

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » May 14, 2020, 7:01 pm

<<walk into a prayer room and check the reaction >>... that was NOT the smartest thing to do. Try doing it in a catholic church, a jewish synagogue, a mormon temple, etc... and you would get the same reaction.
A little more respect would serve you well. Have a nice, safe evening.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 14, 2020, 7:22 pm

mickojak wrote:
May 14, 2020, 5:30 pm
jackspratt wrote:
May 14, 2020, 4:51 pm
e many years I had a Muslim family as next door neighbours, and the years that I worked with Muslims in Indonesia, and Singapore/Malaysia, never once did I get the impression that any of them supported terrorism, or that I was in imminent danger of being spat on
Yes, Jack, the're the ones I've also worked with and associated with, the passive ones.
They are never going to tell you their true beliefs, it doesn't work that way.
The plan is not to upset, just to "try" and blend in and achieve the long term goals.

The fact is that Islamic terrorism has helped all muslims around the world.
Governments are too scared to upset them because of terrorism and the fear that some of their public will suffer.
Take airport prayer rooms, for example. Where did they come from?
Did the catholics, hindu's lobby for them?
Hell no, the muslims did.
So every time you fly somewhere you're paying for a muslim prayer room.
As an experiment, next time you fly, walk into a prayer room and check the reaction.
I did, it was amazing.
If eyes were knives.

Because of terrorism, they will eventually get everything they want.
Like Kopkei mentioned, beware.
If you can't see what the're doing around the world, you are blind.
I really don't know where to start, mick.

Let's try the "passive" ones - can you tell us how you know what their true beliefs are, and that they are bent on achieving long term goals?

Clearly, you don't know.

"Terrorism has helped Muslims around the world" - does that include the many who are subjected to ongoing prejudice and discrimination, because of their religion. Including of course, on this very forum, where expressions like "rag heads" and "camel jockeys" have popped up with far too much frequency. Equally fortunately, the mods over many years have been onto that nonsense, and quashed it in a timely manner.

"Prayer rooms" - is it part of the Catholic or Hindu religions to pray 5 times a day? And why TF would you want to walk into a room where people are praying, if you have no interest beyond satisfying a some morbid curiosity, or confirming your biases/prejudices?

But rest easy mick - "they" won't get everything they want (whatever you think that might be). Just as the Christian missionaries of 200 years or more ago didn't get everything they wanted, when trying to convert/proselytize the world into their own form of religious nonsense.

Fortunately, I do have my eyes and mind open.

You are free to do the same.

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » May 14, 2020, 7:24 pm

I was not disrespectful. I went in to pray.
What's wrong with that.
That's what the room is for, isn't it?

My eyes are open

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » May 14, 2020, 8:02 pm

<< So every time you fly somewhere you're paying for a muslim prayer room.
Because of terrorism, they will eventually get everything they want. >>

So you say that Muslim prayer rooms were the results of Muslim terrorism...
How about the Catholic Chapels in Airport ????? Established long before the prayer rooms, did the chapels came about from the WHITE Christian terrorism ?

Keep reading....

<<
Four years later, Idlewild (now known as John F. Kennedy Airport in New York) constructed the second Catholic airport chapel, Our Lady of the Skies, and later added a Protestant chapel and a synagogue. Airports in Atlanta and Dallas were the next to welcome Protestant chapels. By the turn of the 21st century, however, single-faith chapels began to convert into interfaith chapels.
>>

<<
The majority of large hubs offer an interfaith chapel, but others continue to offer specific religious services. In fact, JFK, Washington Dulles International, and Ronald Reagan Washington National all offer a Catholic chapel, a Protestant chapel, a mosque and a synagogue.
>>

<<SOURCE : https://www.foxnews.com/travel/the-real ... ve-chapels >>

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » May 14, 2020, 8:19 pm

But they are not in every airport in the world like prayer rooms.
Big difference

Return to “General Debates & Discussions”