Tucker Carlson: The Populist Paladin of Primetime

General off-topic debates and discussions forum.
pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Re: Tucker Carlson: The Populist Paladin of Primetime

Post by pipoz4444 » January 26, 2020, 12:59 am

tamada wrote:
January 24, 2020, 10:29 pm
pipoz4444 wrote:
January 23, 2020, 11:13 am
You may not like him or agree with anything he say's but Tucker Carlson's annual salary at Fox is around $6 million and he reportedly signed a $10 million book deal a few years back

According to an article in Celebrity Net Worth, his show (for whatever reason) is consistently the highest-rated cable news program in its time slot, with average nightly viewership of 3.4 million and that he has more viewers than his CNN and MSNBC counterparts combined.

Right, wrong or indifferent, enough people must watch his TV show, for him to be paid so well

pipoz4444
So the salary is some sort of indication of how respected he is?

Tucker who?

BTW, Jim Lehrer, the legendary debate moderator and former anchor of the "NewsHour" television program, died yesterday. He was 85.
Who mentioned Respect. You did and your interpretation

I simply made a statement of fact about his Salary and an observation of how any people view him each night :-$

pipoz

That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 26, 2020, 11:14 am

pipoz4444 wrote:
January 26, 2020, 12:59 am
tamada wrote:
January 24, 2020, 10:29 pm
pipoz4444 wrote:
January 23, 2020, 11:13 am
You may not like him or agree with anything he say's but Tucker Carlson's annual salary at Fox is around $6 million and he reportedly signed a $10 million book deal a few years back

According to an article in Celebrity Net Worth, his show (for whatever reason) is consistently the highest-rated cable news program in its time slot, with average nightly viewership of 3.4 million and that he has more viewers than his CNN and MSNBC counterparts combined.

Right, wrong or indifferent, enough people must watch his TV show, for him to be paid so well

pipoz4444
So the salary is some sort of indication of how respected he is?

Tucker who?

BTW, Jim Lehrer, the legendary debate moderator and former anchor of the "NewsHour" television program, died yesterday. He was 85.
Who mentioned Respect. You dd and your interpretation

I simply made a statement of fact about hs Salary and an observation of how any people view him each night

pipoz
Don't pretend for one minute that your were simply stating the fact about his viewing numbers when you embellished it (for whatever reason) with how much his viewer market share far exceeds that of his contemporaries of a certain, contrary political persuasion, the much reviled MSM. And then infer that accordingly, he must be doing or saying something right.

Despite his undeniable viewer pulling power, I don't see why Fox has to pay him so much because if they don't, lacking any other mainstream right-leaning television channel to poach him, he would simply join the alt-media and I am not sure all those that blog, radio-talk or YouTube their right-wing mantra's on the 'net are banking near as much as Tucker who?

Personally, I find it worrisome that there is only Fox batting for the deeply conservative news reader and the overwhelming majority of that viewership blindly accept that singular source of news as factual and true. At least the opposition gives one a range of opinions and debate versus Fox's stream of current and former political hacks and retired military in their comfortable, affirmation echo chambers.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... one-graph/

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » January 26, 2020, 1:04 pm

tam

You tend to read a lot into other peoples statements.

You should take them on the face value that they are.

They were simple statements from my point and you were wrong to suggest otherwise

I don't need to pretend \:D/ \:D/

Personally, I never watch the TC Show =;

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

trekkertony
udonmap.com

Post by trekkertony » January 26, 2020, 2:11 pm

Hi Tamada,
Still waiting for your resource re TC, that aside thefederalist.com will not change your view of politics in USA, however it makes for interesting reading and provides light to the left and right of politics.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » January 26, 2020, 5:29 pm

I'm sure The Federalist provides comforting and interesting reading for some, but as far as I can see, the only light it shows to liberals is how right wing, conservative and "libertarian" its musings are.

Here is one view, which I tend to agree with after glancing through a couple of headline pages of its blogsite https://thefederalist.com/blog/ :
Overall, we rate The Federalist a borderline Questionable and far Right Biased based on story selection and editorial positions that always favor the right. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to the promotion pseudoscience and three failed fact checks.
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-federalist/
:shock:

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 26, 2020, 7:02 pm

trekkertony wrote:
January 26, 2020, 2:11 pm
Hi Tamada,
Still waiting for your resource re TC, that aside thefederalist.com will not change your view of politics in USA, however it makes for interesting reading and provides light to the left and right of politics.
Tucker who?

I reckon Sholokov makes for interesting reading. And Dostoevsky

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » February 12, 2020, 1:15 pm

Tucker who? Why would any sane person criticize someone they don't know. Of course that makes as much sense as your normal hateful posts.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 12, 2020, 8:29 pm

^ Looks like you didn't enjoy your nap.

JimboPSM
udonmap.com

Post by JimboPSM » March 20, 2020, 2:09 pm

There is a limit that even Tucker Carlson can no longer stomach:
Ashamed to be English since 23rd June 2016 when England voted for racism & economic suicide.

Disgusted that the UK is “governed” by a squalid bunch of economically illiterate, self-serving, sleazy and corrupt neo-fascists.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 21, 2020, 8:26 am

Tucker who? has gone up in my estimation since he claims to have single-handedly turned DJT onto the very real threat of Covid-19 after a 2 hour one-on-one with DJT at Mar-A-Virus. I bet now Tucker sits all alone at the top table in the Fox News canteen while Hannity and Ingraham give him the stink-eye. Hannity thought HE had the President's ear and Ingraham has been nothing more than Donald's affirmation echo chamber but it looks like they have been usurped.

Also noted that Tucker who? was also the ONLY Fox misinformant who was openly critical of the killing of Iran's #2 at Baghdad airport.

Now all we need is for those 3 increasingly redundant munters at Fox and Friends to be consigned to Trump's growing list of people he's on the record of talking to a lot but now doesn't seem to remember at all.

Return to “General Debates & Discussions”