America Today - Teachers Arming in Schools

General off-topic debates and discussions forum.
Doodoo
udonmap.com

Re: America Today - Teachers Arming in Schools

Post by Doodoo » September 21, 2019, 7:52 am

Pollack is a proponent of increasing armed security in schools."

I agree with Mr Pollack arm them all students, cafeteria workers, janitors, teachers, students etc then the argument will disappear

More guns

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » September 21, 2019, 8:48 am

Doodoo wrote:
September 21, 2019, 7:52 am

I agree with Mr Pollack arm them all students, cafeteria workers, janitors, teachers, students etc then the argument will disappear

More guns
Sometimes you do make sense!

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » September 21, 2019, 8:51 am

Just read this morning that a global Christian ministry called Young Life was ousted as a legitimate student group at Duke University because they preach the Word of God which condemns homosexuality. It won't be long before Christianity will be banned from the public square altogether. Ben Carson, the Secretary of Housing and Urban Development, is under fire because of his stance on gender identity being only male and female. Our House of Representatives has recently passed a bill that would make it mandatory for schools across the country to allow males to participate in women's sports activities. And now, in 6 states women are allowed to go topless in public.

In 10 years us older Americans won't even recognize the country in which we were raised. I've finally gotten to the point where I am pleased that I moved to Thailand to get away from all the insanity back home. It's madness here as well, but it's a different kind of madness and nobody cares what I think. At least here I wouldn't get beat up for wearing a MAGA hat!
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » September 22, 2019, 4:13 am

Only 6?

Outside the US fewer guns appears to work better.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » September 22, 2019, 11:36 am

Here are the real stats on gun violence in America!

Interesting statistics! This agrees with the research of Prof. Lott at the University of Chicago, who is a noted expert on gun laws and stats.
There are 30,000 gun related deaths per year by firearms, and this number is not disputed. The U.S. population is 324,059,091. Do the math: 0.00925% of the population dies from gun related actions each year. Statistically speaking, this is insignificant! What is never told, however, is a breakdown of those 30,000 deaths, to put them in perspective as compared to other causes of death:
65% of those deaths are by suicide, which would not be prevented by gun laws.
15% are by law enforcement in the line of duty and justified
17% are through criminal activity, gang and drug related or mentally ill persons, better known as gun violence.
3% are accidental discharge deaths.
So technically, "gun violence" is not 30,000 annually, but drops to 5,100. Still too many? Now lets look at how those deaths spanned across the nation.
480 homicides (9.4%) were in Chicago
344 homicides (6.7%) were in Baltimore
333 homicides (6.5%) were in Detroit
119 homicides (2.3%) were in Washington D.C (a 54% increase over prior years)
So basically, 25% of all gun crime happens in just 4 cities. All 4 of those cities have strict gun laws, so it is not the lack of laws that is the root cause.
This basically leaves 3,825 for the entire rest of the nation, or about 75 deaths per state. That is an average because some States have much higher rates than others. For example, California had 1,169 and Alabama had 1.
LNow, who has the strictest gun laws by far? California, of course, but understand, it is not guns causing this. It is a crime rate spawned by the number of criminal persons residing in those cities and states. So, if all cities and states are not created equal, then there must be something other than the tool causing the gun deaths.
Are 5,100 deaths per year horrific? How about in comparison to other deaths? All death is sad and especially so when it is in the commission of a crime but that is the nature of crime. Robbery, death, rape, assaults are all done by criminals. It is ludicrous to think that criminals will obey laws. That is why they are called criminals.
But what about other deaths each year?
40,000+ die from a drug overdose "THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR THAT!"
36,000 people die per year from the flu, far exceeding the criminal gun deaths.
34,000 people die per year in traffic fatalities(exceeding gun deaths even if you include suicide).
Now it gets good:
200,000+ people die each year (and growing) from preventable medical errors. You are safer walking in the worst areas of Chicago than you are when you are in a hospital!
710,000 people die per year from heart disease. It's time to stop the double cheeseburgers! So, what is the point? If the anti-gun movement focused their attention on heart disease, even a 10% decrease in cardiac deaths would save twice the number of lives annually of all gun-related deaths (including suicide, law enforcement, etc.).
A 10% reduction in medical errors would be 66% of the total number of gun deaths or 4 times the number of criminal homicides. Simple, easily preventable 10% reductions! So, you have to ask yourself, in the grand scheme of things, why the focus on guns?
It's pretty simple:
Taking away guns gives control to governments. The founders of this nation knew that regardless of the form of government, those in power may become corrupt and seek to rule as the British did by trying to disarm the populace of the colonies. It is not difficult to understand that a disarmed populace is a controlled populace.
Thus, the second amendment was proudly and boldly included in the U.S. Constitution. It must be preserved at all costs . So, the next time someone tries to tell you that gun control is about saving lives, look at these facts and remember these words from Noah Webster: Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » September 22, 2019, 1:21 pm

Another day, another viral email/facebook entry arrives on the Map.

The claims made above were examined by the mythbusting site, Truth or Fiction. Their conclusion:
On multiple counts, the entire claim is false.
Read it yourself if you are so inclined https://www.truthorfiction.com/there-ar ... -firearms/

Just a small example, according to the official figures from the CDC, 1.3% (553) of gun 2017 US deaths were as a result of law enforcement - a huge difference from the 15% (4500) quoted in the post.

TJ
udonmap.com

Post by TJ » September 22, 2019, 5:41 pm

Doodoo wrote:
September 21, 2019, 7:52 am

More guns
You are absolutely correct. Although the real mission of course is to encourage all U.S. citizens to properly arm themselves to assure the safety of themselves, their family and their community. And don't forget, "an armed society is a polite society."

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » September 22, 2019, 6:52 pm

No Mr TJ, a polite society is a well educated society, look around the world and you will understand. On the other hand a society run by the gun-carrying uneducated cowboys is a massacre waiting to happen. Have a nice safe day without guns, AK-47, M16, AR-15.....

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » September 22, 2019, 8:13 pm

the-monk wrote:
September 22, 2019, 6:52 pm
No Mr TJ, a polite society is a well educated society, look around the world and you will understand. On the other hand a society run by the gun-carrying uneducated cowboys is a massacre waiting to happen. Have a nice safe day without guns, AK-47, M16, AR-15.....
Mr Monk sorry but we do need GUNS and More of them. It appears society has failed at restrictions so lets go the other way such as Switzerland has. Everyone will have a gun, and I mean everyone then lets see what happens. Give it a 5 year window and at the end go one way or the other all or none.

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » September 22, 2019, 9:00 pm

How many school shootings have occured in or mass shootings in Switzerland ?? There educated yanks are not they still live in the wild west. How many Swis wives go to Tazer party's ?? Used to be Tupperware.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » September 23, 2019, 7:16 am

Doodoo wrote:
September 22, 2019, 8:13 pm
"No Mr TJ, a polite society is a well educated society, look around the world and you will understand. On the other hand a society run by the gun-carrying uneducated cowboys is a massacre waiting to happen. Have a nice safe day without guns, AK-47, M16, AR-15.....

Mr Monk sorry but we do need GUNS and More of them. It appears society has failed at restrictions so lets go the other way such as Switzerland has. Everyone will have a gun, and I mean everyone then lets see what happens. Give it a 5 year window and at the end go one way or the other all or none.
can you imagine Florida ,stand your ground, I shot the teacher because he shouted at me and he was carrying a gun. postal workers should carry guns too, then they won't have to go home and get one to go postal. ten year olds comparing colt 45's in the playgrounds yes DD your right ,arm them all and the Darwin effect will sort it out
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » September 23, 2019, 8:11 am

papafarang wrote:
September 23, 2019, 7:16 am
can you imagine Florida ,stand your ground, I shot the teacher because he shouted at me and he was carrying a gun. postal workers should carry guns too, then they won't have to go home and get one to go postal. ten year olds comparing colt 45's in the playgrounds yes DD your right ,arm them all and the Darwin effect will sort it out
In effect according to he 2nd Ammendnet keepers there would be no killings because everyone will know that, ALL are PACKN HEAT Gun sales and ammo sales, up plus gun schools would spring up everywhere.

Winning for ALL!!

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » September 23, 2019, 9:19 am

Sadly numb to it all , like the fruitcake Taliban killing people at least have a reason to kill, Americans do it for no reason other than they are angry with each other. Their government glorifies killing telling their people bombing and shooting innocents in other countries makes their men hero's. A culture of death and destruction pushed forward by their war machine. The sheep continue with the mantra ' it's our rights' while msn lap it up to push up their ratings to provide cash to shareholders. Like Afghanistan, it's their country and up to them ,same with America, up to them. Sad but it's just a reality of violent cultures
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » September 25, 2019, 8:25 am

I recently read an article that said that some enterprising company has on the market a wall mounted box that contains a gun. Some schools don't like the idea of teacher carrying guns so these boxes are carefully placed and can quickly be opened with a hand print from authorized people. This technology is available for anyone who could benefit from it.

Udon Map
Admin

Teachers Arming in Schools

Post by Udon Map » September 26, 2019, 6:11 pm

Gentlemen, this thread is about teachers arming in schools in the U.S.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » January 7, 2023, 9:18 pm

For those on this thread who have justified arming teachers (and there have been a few) - bingo!

They can now shoot their students - even the 6 year-olds.

Where does this gun madness finish?
Boy, 6, shoots, seriously wounds female teacher in US classroom following disagreement

A six-year-old student has shot and wounded a teacher at his school in Virginia during an altercation inside a first-grade classroom, police and school officials said.

The shooting happened on Friday at Richneck Elementary School in the town of Newport News.

The teacher — a woman in her 30s — suffered life-threatening injuries, but no students were wounded, according to Newport News police chief Steve Drew.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-01-07/ ... /101835268

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » January 7, 2023, 10:07 pm

Lord Thunderin' Jaysus! What next??? Has does a 6-year get a gun to bring to school? Something is rotten in the state of Denmark...or more to the point, in the United States of America. A word of caution, stay away from western Mexico!
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » January 7, 2023, 10:18 pm

glalt wrote:
September 25, 2019, 8:25 am
I recently read an article that said that some enterprising company has on the market a wall mounted box that contains a gun. Some schools don't like the idea of teacher carrying guns so these boxes are carefully placed and can quickly be opened with a hand print from authorized people. This technology is available for anyone who could benefit from it.
Gunman spraying bullets stops to allow teacher to walk to cabinet, use hand print to open, extracts gun, switches off safety.

Gunman raises hand, teacher says its ok to go to bathroom.

Gunman says no, is it ok for me to continue killing everybody.

Teachers says, silly me, I thought you wanted to pee, sure go ahead and spray bullets at will.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » January 8, 2023, 7:20 am

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
January 7, 2023, 10:07 pm
Lord Thunderin' Jaysus! What next??? Has does a 6-year get a gun to bring to school? Something is rotten in the state of Denmark...or more to the point, in the United States of America. A word of caution, stay away from western Mexico!

You ask the question, ask the parents nstead, but as it is America you will get the usual B/S

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 8, 2023, 8:28 am

re the thread header ....... whith gun culture as it is in the USA this was always gonna happen at some point , agree or not if gun loving Americans feel the need to pack let em get on with it..

BTW if only we knew an accurate number i reckon thousands carry guns here , its just we only hear about it when theres an incident .. watch ch 32 7pm .. every story is either guns knives or coruption.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Return to “General Debates & Discussions”