America Today - Teachers Arming in Schools

General off-topic debates and discussions forum.
Whistler
udonmap.com

Re: America Today - Teachers Arming in Schools

Post by Whistler » January 8, 2023, 8:29 am

Khun Paul wrote:
January 8, 2023, 7:20 am
Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
January 7, 2023, 10:07 pm
Lord Thunderin' Jaysus! What next??? Has does a 6-year get a gun to bring to school? Something is rotten in the state of Denmark...or more to the point, in the United States of America. A word of caution, stay away from western Mexico!

You ask the question, ask the parents nstead, but as it is America you will get the usual B/S
Teachers fault by not enforcing discipline on the maggoty little worms with an AK47

I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » January 8, 2023, 8:40 am

By no means is it the Teachers fault for children to receive discipline.
Discipline starts at home from the PARENTS. I hope never to receive a Report Card with a mark for discipline.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » January 8, 2023, 8:42 am

Of course it is the teachers fault, if they had an AK47 this would never had happened
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 8, 2023, 9:08 am

The school's superintendent needs a slap after he said said the shooting showed how “we need to educate our children and we need to keep them safe”.

Any thoughts on educating parents?
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » January 8, 2023, 10:03 am

Doodoo wrote:
January 8, 2023, 8:40 am
Discipline starts at home from the PARENTS. I hope never to receive a Report Card with a mark for discipline.
Don't fret, I am sure you would get at least a C+, Doodoo.

In the early fifties, pupils would be graded in the following categories: plays well with other children, is respectful and courteous, respects the property of others. On the front of the Progress Report 1953-1954, 'A Message To The Parents' included, It is also important that the pupil learn to observe sound rules of health and safety, to form good work habits such as industry, punctuality and perseverance, and to develop proper social attitudes such as courtesy, self-control, respect for property, co-operation and acceptance of responsibility.

Hope this helps,
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 8, 2023, 10:15 am

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
January 8, 2023, 10:03 am
Doodoo wrote:

In the early fifties, pupils would be graded in the following categories: plays well with other children, is respectful and courteous, respects the property of others. On the front of the Progress Report 1953-1954, 'A Message To The Parents' included, It is also important that the pupil learn to observe sound rules of health and safety, to form good work habits such as industry, punctuality and perseverance, and to develop proper social attitudes such as courtesy, self-control, respect for property, co-operation and acceptance of responsibility.

Hope this helps,
So schools were passing the buck to slothful and indolent parents way back then as well? I guess we must have been special to work out all this societal civility and respect for ourselves.

Joking aside, the responsibilities that come with parenting may have been seen differently by parents back when we were lads.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » January 8, 2023, 10:46 am

tamada wrote:
January 8, 2023, 10:15 am
Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
January 8, 2023, 10:03 am
Doodoo wrote:

Hope this helps,
So schools were passing the buck to slothful and indolent parents way back then as well? I guess we must have been special to work out all this societal civility and respect for ourselves.

Joking aside, the responsibilities that come with parenting may have been seen differently by parents back when we were lads.
i think you mean in the last century no?. the 1950's society was different. im sure people from the 1880's would not understand children's behavior from the 1950's either. children now would just laugh about 1950's schooling.
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » January 8, 2023, 10:49 am

Thoughts

1. This child probably has mental issues.

2. This child's parents are utterly irresponsible to allow a 6 year old access to a gun.

3. The American gun culture is just plain nuts.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » January 8, 2023, 5:14 pm

Whistler wrote:
January 8, 2023, 10:49 am
Thoughts

1. This child probably has mental issues.

2. This child's parents are utterly irresponsible to allow a 6 year old access to a gun.

3. The American gun culture is just plain nuts.
i like no2. but more like it was utterly irresponsible to allow the child's parents a gun
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » January 8, 2023, 5:40 pm

Well Lala things I have heard have changed slightly from the 50's, maybe you havent notived

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » January 8, 2023, 5:47 pm

The biggest problem is everyone “THINKS” they need a gun because politicians and the gun industry tells you you’re not a real American unless you have one, or two, or three, or ten.

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » January 8, 2023, 6:54 pm

Whistler wrote:

Here's hoping the child's parents are charged, and if convicted, don't just get a slap on the wrist.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » January 8, 2023, 7:22 pm

Stantheman wrote:
January 8, 2023, 6:54 pm
Whistler wrote:

Here's hoping the child's parents are charged, and if convicted, don't just get a slap on the wrist.
Amen to that.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » January 8, 2023, 7:59 pm

you want to cause real havoc then charge the parents anytime when child breaks a law, riding a motorbike, stealing, insults, murder, etc

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » January 8, 2023, 10:33 pm

Doodoo wrote:
January 8, 2023, 5:40 pm

Well Lala things I have heard have changed slightly from the 50's, maybe you havent notived
Yes Doodoo, they certainly have changed. Have you noticed any results from these slight changes?

Hope this helps,
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » January 9, 2023, 5:19 am

tamada wrote:
January 8, 2023, 9:08 am
The school's superintendent needs a slap after he said said the shooting showed how “we need to educate our children and we need to keep them safe”.

The problem with taking a snippet from a full statement, it can easily be taken out of context. The full statement included this

He added: “We need the community’s support, continued support, to make sure that guns are not available to youth and I’m sounding like a broken record today, because I continue to reiterate that: that we need to keep the guns out of the hands of our young people.

“I cannot control access to weapons. My teachers cannot control access to weapons … Our students got a lesson in gun violence and what guns can do to disrupt not only an educational environment, but also a family, a community.”

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 9, 2023, 6:01 am

Whistler wrote:
January 9, 2023, 5:19 am
tamada wrote:
January 8, 2023, 9:08 am

The problem with taking a snippet from a full statement, it can easily be taken out of context. The full statement included this

He added: “We need the community’s support, continued support, to make sure that guns are not available to youth and I’m sounding like a broken record today, because I continue to reiterate that: that we need to keep the guns out of the hands of our young people.

“I cannot control access to weapons. My teachers cannot control access to weapons … Our students got a lesson in gun violence and what guns can do to disrupt not only an educational environment, but also a family, a community.”
The NRA and the gun nuts are probably in agreement that the kid must have mental issues.

Meanwhile, Seattle public schools sue social media platforms for youth ‘mental health crisis’

Lawsuit accuses companies behind TikTok, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and YouTube of harming young people’s mental health

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... lth-crisis
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » January 9, 2023, 7:07 am

Interestingly enough not one word about this kids parents, NOW that is interesting have they been arrested for complictily allowing this to happen ??? By not securing this weapon in their house or did the kid buy oin the street corrner ??

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 9, 2023, 7:56 am

Khun Paul wrote:
January 9, 2023, 7:07 am
Interestingly enough not one word about this kids parents, NOW that is interesting have they been arrested for complictily allowing this to happen ??? By not securing this weapon in their house or did the kid buy oin the street corrner ??
I imagine this one is already slathered in multiple layers of lawyers, including anyone and anything related to the school and local law enforcement like their associations and unions.

The silence is the sound of wagons being circled.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Return to “General Debates & Discussions”