For crying out loud...

General off-topic debates and discussions forum.
Earnest
udonmap.com

Re: For crying out loud...

Post by Earnest » February 8, 2023, 8:51 pm

It's relevant in the codification of Christianity through the big book, prayer book, the creed, the trinity, et cetera.

My point is that the Church will alienate it's congregation further should they pursue this investigation.

This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » February 8, 2023, 8:58 pm

So keep perpetuating myths - to what end?

Other than the obvious - influence and cash flow.

Am I being too cynical, or just rational?

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » February 8, 2023, 9:09 pm

Religion has different meanings to people, your position is that Christianity is a myth but others believe it. So they rely on it when times get difficult and that's why it perpetuates.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » February 8, 2023, 9:20 pm

No, my position is that all religions, including Christianity, are self perpetuating myths - as your post seems to acknowledge.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » February 8, 2023, 9:56 pm

Yes, but I've no problem if people need to rely on it through times of stress. Religion can be abused to control at a macro level while it can also be intensely personal and get others through the day.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 9, 2023, 5:38 am

jackspratt wrote:
February 8, 2023, 8:58 pm
So keep perpetuating myths - to what end?

Other than the obvious - influence and cash flow.

Am I being too cynical, or just rational?
No. Just off topic.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Old Grumpy
udonmap.com

Post by Old Grumpy » February 9, 2023, 5:59 am

My parents always taught me never to get involved on a discussion about religion, because no matter how reasoned or sensible your view is it will never be accepted by someone who holds a different viewpoint, so I don't, what I will say, everyman to his own, but keep it to yourself, don;t try to convert me, I don't feel I need saving and NO religion would be able to help if I did .I get especially annoyed by those young men on bicycles accosting me in the street and even knocking at my home.whose paying them and for what reason? I think obviosly there is money involved somewhere .
Age is a matter of mind.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.
Mark Twain,

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 9, 2023, 6:09 am

Earnest wrote:
February 8, 2023, 8:51 pm
It's relevant in the codification of Christianity through the big book, prayer book, the creed, the trinity, et cetera.

My point is that the Church will alienate it's congregation further should they pursue this investigation.
Maybe the Liturgical Commission are feeling a tad irrelevant in these woke times?

Good read here.
https://www.tvpworld.com/66113258/churc ... derneutral
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » February 9, 2023, 7:07 am

Historically as I may have posted before, more deaths/wars/conflicts have occurred because of Religion . It is to some the answer to all problems and to others a sop for their personal beliefs. whichever way you cut the cake it is BIG BUSINESS and one which will not go into the twilight gently if at all.

Normally ( speaking from a purely European angle ) Religion is based on old established norms and buildings when I lived in Germany I had to declare my religion as I was taxed at source for my religious views.
What amazes me is the seemingly crazy stuff which you see in the USA of an unknown personage being feted and paid millions to trot out their delusional nonsense no matter what it is .

So it would appear that tens of millions believe in something and Religion tries to provide the answer. I remember one particular fraught year while serving and talking to the then very sensible padre, he reminded me that men made churches , not God, hence whatever you believe it is a personal thing and you can do it in a place you feel happy under the sky and just take a moment to reflect and think. Best advice I have had regarding religion !

BUT I will not entertain or even enter a discussion regarding the rights and wrongs of any particular religion it is as I mentioned a purely PERSONAL choice and to each their own !!

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » February 9, 2023, 11:10 am

tamada wrote:
February 9, 2023, 6:09 am
Maybe the Liturgical Commission are feeling a tad irrelevant in these woke times?

Good read here.
https://www.tvpworld.com/66113258/churc ... derneutral
I read it, I still think it will alienate the congregation.

But what about the larger Anglican context?

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » February 9, 2023, 11:14 am

Mother Earth will have to be changed as well

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » February 9, 2023, 11:40 am

555!

noosard
udonmap.com

Concerning

Post by noosard » February 17, 2023, 8:41 am

Research published in the World Journal of Men’s Health discovered that the average penis size had grown 24 per cent over nearly three decades.

But while many may think the findings are good news, experts warn it’s actually a “concerning” discovery.

Researchers at Stanford University who conducted the study fear the phallic inflation is due to unhealthy habits, like bingeing junk food or being mostly sedentary, or even pollution, the New York Post reports.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » February 17, 2023, 8:48 am

Well then according to a World survey the occupants of the Indian sub-continent would be happy about that then !!!!!!!!!!

ladda3904
udonmap.com

Post by ladda3904 » February 17, 2023, 11:02 am

I am not surprised at all by this study. Consider how many of those with smaller appendages have decided they are really women.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » February 17, 2023, 12:49 pm

The same study found average length was around 5.1 to 6 inches erect!

How can it be a range, an average should be a number shouldn't it be total length for all men tested divided by number of peckers measured.

Still lots of small ones around and 30 years ago must have been quite a few with lengths in the bee's dick category.

Anyhow, I am off to Dr. Mine has not grown at all in the past 30 years, same, same
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » February 17, 2023, 1:38 pm

Oh I donno ....... I'm sure there are are those that would argue you are a far bigger d*ck now than you were thirty years ago :lol:

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » February 17, 2023, 2:13 pm

I doubt it stat, I am not even competitive in this forum on that score
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » February 17, 2023, 2:19 pm

Good point, but you cant let the truth get in the way of a good one liner :lol:

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 17, 2023, 2:37 pm

Whistler wrote:
February 17, 2023, 2:13 pm
I doubt it stat, I am not even competitive in this forum on that score
In the interests of forum factuality, y'all got proof of that?
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Return to “General Debates & Discussions”