For crying out loud...

General off-topic debates and discussions forum.
tamada
udonmap.com

Re: For crying out loud...

Post by tamada » October 26, 2019, 11:12 am

It's Wullie nae Willie, ye wally.

And Wullie says, "Thanks for paying."
oorwullie.jpg
Help ma boab!

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » October 26, 2019, 11:32 am

for a minute there , i was like whoa , how is that
fair people outside scotland can go to scottish uni's for free( but dont go,cant understand language)

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 26, 2019, 11:52 am

mech_401 wrote:
October 26, 2019, 11:32 am
for a minute there , i was like whoa , how is that
fair people outside scotland can go to scottish uni's for free( but dont go,cant understand language)
It's not a Scottish or EU problem per se but more of an English, Welsh and Irish problem.
welcome.jpg
Welcome tae Scotland

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » October 26, 2019, 7:00 pm

oh man, on stickboy video of a pickup racing around kasetsart university, then knocking (5)
girls over like bowling pins. yikes the roads here

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 1, 2019, 8:25 pm

Didn't know if I should post this here or in the 'snowflake' thread, so here goes...

Instagram influencer, 22, claims learning about WWII would hit millennials' mental health -

"An Instagram influencer, 22, claims that learning about World War Two will hit millennials' mental health after Apprentice stars revealed that they didn't know the dates of a conflict that claimed 80 million lives. Reality TV star Freddie Bentley told Good Morning Britain today that he thinks schools should trim back what they teach on the topic.

'It was a hard situation, World War Two, I don't want anyone to think I'm being disrespectful,' he said, but added: 'I remember learning it as a child thinking "Oh my God it's so intense".'

He is fearful that the bloody subject may worsen any mental health issues that children already have."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... EALTH.html

Old Grumpy
udonmap.com

Post by Old Grumpy » November 1, 2019, 9:25 pm

Learning about it would give today's kids mental issues? What the hell are we breeding these days, A future generation of men and women or a bunch of namby pandys? God help us if ever they have to face anything like what my generation faced for over five years of conflict and another five years of real hardship recovering from it . Whilst many of us older people still bear many scars, both mental and physical after 80 years I don't see any of us having any personal issues that have blighted our lives and we lived through it, the nightly horror of the bombings, never knowing if we would ever see the light of day again, watching our mothers constantly looking out for the telegram boy coming down the street bringing the news they all dreaded ,that a loved one , husband or son had paid the ultimate price in our quest for freedom from Nazi tyranny.It went on so long it became a way of life, obviously we didn't enjoy it but we accepted it as the way it was at the time, we learnt to cope, we had to, there was no other choice. Same as our diet and rationing, we all had a meagre amount of food to eat, I remember the ration books gave us just 2oz of meat each per week, of course we were hungry most of the time, but it was no good crying we were all in the same boat, you didn't see any fat kids during those years, no sweets or limited amounts of fruit in the summer time .You didn't see many cats either it was said unscrupulous butchers were cutting the tails off the carcass and selling them as rabbits which were not rationed .True or not, never really knew but quite feasible.But we carried on the lucky ones who still had a school to go to went every day complete with our gas masks in case they were needed, sang patriotic songs to keep our moral up and prayed, god how we prayed regardless of religion, anything to bring the madness that had engulfed the world to and end .Put to the test the limits of human endurance are endless we proved that, now they are saying just reading about our struggles will upset today's little darlings.Let them learn everything about it, watch the upcoming Remembrance day services held throughout the country, give thanks they have never had to experience it, but most of all learn from it that it may never happen again, ever.
Age is a matter of mind.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.
Mark Twain,

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » November 1, 2019, 10:10 pm

Grumpy
I agree with your outrage, however the youngsters from later generations have all performed well in the many conflicts the Brits have been involved with since WW11. It is the Libtards and snowflakes who infest our civil service, our local Governments, our schools and universities, our media etc who have turned the whole political correctness crap into a virtual industry. Grey little people who live grey little lives and who are offended ( the new in word) by the slightest thing that is not their shade of grey. Soon comedy will be banned and we must applaud when our youngsters are taken on a school outing to visit a Mosque and learn to pray the Muslim way. The lunatics have taken over the asylum.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » November 2, 2019, 6:51 am

You will not get any argument from me, if the children of today do not learn about History, no matter how unpalatable some may think, then the lessons learnt will be lost, only by learning of our yesterdays will tomorrows be better ..One hopes, although looking at the world now one wonders !

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » November 2, 2019, 1:31 pm

There are areas here in the UK you are not allowed to fly the Union Jack outside your house, our kids in Infant Schools not being allowed there Christmas play. The Menu in some Schools have to use Halal meat which our kids have to eat even top Stores like Morrisons and M & S have halal in there stores. Most have had to forgo there morning assemblies due to the muslim parents threatening to remove there Children. There are video's on U Tube that will not be aired by the mainstream of Police running away from baying Muslim gangs inciting trouble with there Isis flags and posters but we are slowly beginning the fightback to take back our Country.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » November 2, 2019, 2:58 pm

AlexO wrote:
November 1, 2019, 10:10 pm
Grumpy
I agree with your outrage, however the youngsters from later generations have all performed well in the many conflicts the Brits have been involved with since WW11. It is the Libtards and snowflakes who infest our civil service, our local Governments, our schools and universities, our media etc who have turned the whole political correctness crap into a virtual industry. Grey little people who live grey little lives and who are offended ( the new in word) by the slightest thing that is not their shade of grey. Soon comedy will be banned and we must applaud when our youngsters are taken on a school outing to visit a Mosque and learn to pray the Muslim way. The lunatics have taken over the asylum.
Your final sentence adequately proves the rest of your rant.

Was it the "Libtards and snowflakes" who led the UK, and the rest of the free world into those wars and conflicts you refer to?

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 2, 2019, 3:19 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
November 2, 2019, 6:51 am
You will not get any argument from me, if the children of today do not learn about History, no matter how unpalatable some may think, then the lessons learnt will be lost, only by learning of our yesterdays will tomorrows be better ..One hopes, although looking at the world now one wonders !
One small point KP is that what "History" teaches us is that the Victors were good and those defeated were bad, which is unsurprising as it is ALWAYS the victors that get to write the HISTORY down :-k

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 2, 2019, 9:10 pm

vlad wrote:
November 2, 2019, 1:31 pm
There are areas here in the UK you are not allowed to fly the Union Jack outside your house, our kids in Infant Schools not being allowed there Christmas play. The Menu in some Schools have to use Halal meat which our kids have to eat even top Stores like Morrisons and M & S have halal in there stores. Most have had to forgo there morning assemblies due to the muslim parents threatening to remove there Children. There are video's on U Tube that will not be aired by the mainstream of Police running away from baying Muslim gangs inciting trouble with there Isis flags and posters but we are slowly beginning the fightback to take back our Country.
Unless you're an embassy or consulate, you're not allowed to fly your Union jack on your front lawn here either.

Apart from pork (which is Haram), Halal meat aint any different to the taste than Haram (non-Halal) meat. Bismillah isn't a Muslim food additive.

Chances are that MOST schools do not have to forgo the morning assembly since the Muslim ghetto is not as prevalent as some would have us believe.

There are videos on YouTube that show all sorts of 'edited highlights' depending on the agenda of the one posting the video. I posted one of a muppet in a Captiva who took all 4 lanes while making the u-turn between Big C and Makro. However, I never posted the video Mrs tam took of me falling off and over my bike while standing still at Nong Prajak.

Maybe she has but I haven't.

Old Grumpy
udonmap.com

Post by Old Grumpy » November 3, 2019, 6:13 am

stattointhailand wrote:
November 2, 2019, 3:19 pm

One small point KP is that what "History" teaches us is that the Victors were good and those defeated were bad, which is unsurprising as it is ALWAYS the victors that get to write the HISTORY down :-k
RUBBISH. What history teaches us is that good will always defeat evil, eventually, that's why they get to write the history of conflict .
Age is a matter of mind.
Mark Twain,

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » November 3, 2019, 9:12 am

Mr. Grumpy, would you have recent events to illustrate your point? Have a nice day.

Old Grumpy
udonmap.com

Post by Old Grumpy » November 3, 2019, 6:25 pm

the-monk wrote:
November 3, 2019, 9:12 am
Mr. Grumpy, would you have recent events to illustrate your point? Have a nice day.
Recent events to illustrate the point should be obvious to most observers, but from my lifetime I will remind those not old enough to remember from WW2 when the Italian gestapo leader Mussolini who had joined forces with the Nazis having been soundly defeated by the British army was discovered hanging upside down from a lamppost, killed by his own people, and a couple of years later the suicide of the most evil man Hitler and his fancy woman in a bunker who couldn't face defeat, then those in the multi war crimes tribunals held in the Hague who were condemned to death. All good examples of the triumph of good over evil.Today we read in the papers almost daily of evil doers being punished by the courts for their crimes, why our whole justice system is founded on the principle of not allowing the wrongdoers to benefit from their anti social behaviour, that's how it should be in my view .May it long continue to be .
Age is a matter of mind.
Mark Twain,

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 3, 2019, 7:01 pm

Ive still not forgiven the Germans for bombing Steeles Chippy in Cleethorpes .. but as old Grumps states good over comes evil and they re opened bigger and better and Haddock Chips n Mushy peas stayed the same price ..

Dm
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 3, 2019, 7:08 pm

Ive still not forgiven the Germans for bombing Steeles Chippy in Cleethorpes .. but as old Grumps states good over comes evil and they re opened bigger and better and Haddock Chips n Mushy peas stayed the same price ..

PART OF MY HISTORY AND MANY OTHER LINCOLNSHIRE FOLK

Dm

forgot links

http://steelscornerhouse.co.uk/

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions ... gland.html

https://en-gb.facebook.com/SteelsRest/

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 3, 2019, 7:18 pm

As I stated before HISTORY is written by the victors ......... Did they do a DNA test on Hitler and Eva Braun to prove the bodies were actually theirs or are we relying on the word of the victors to tell us? Did they not kill all the top ranking Nazis who actually had the proof? What happened to the guy that bombed Steeles chippy? Did he pay for his crimes against Scunnymanity or was there a cover up? Was the bomber not the "good guy" .....after all he was only trying to stop the destruction of the world cod & haddock populations and save them for future generations :-k

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » November 3, 2019, 7:23 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
November 3, 2019, 7:18 pm
As I stated before HISTORY is written by the victors ......... Did they do a DNA test on Hitler and Eva Braun to prove the bodies were actually theirs or are we relying on the word of the victors to tell us? Did they not kill all the top ranking Nazis who actually had the proof? What happened to the guy that bombed Steeles chippy? Did he pay for his crimes against Scunnymanity or was there a cover up? Was the bomber not the "good guy" .....after all he was only trying to stop the destruction of the world cod & haddock populations and save them for future generations :-k
JUMBO HADDOCK CHIPS N MUSHY PEAS 12 QUID N WORTH EVERY PENNY .. im no historian but IMO the Germans bombed Steels purely out of jealously .. go to their website and browse the menu ..not a German sausage or sewerkraut in sight.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 3, 2019, 8:11 pm

You have been missing out on Grosse Bratfisch Röstkartoffeln mit Sauerkraut all these years DM [-X [-X only 15 Euros

Return to “General Debates & Discussions”