For crying out loud...

General off-topic debates and discussions forum.
papafarang
udonmap.com

Re: For crying out loud...

Post by papafarang » July 10, 2020, 8:58 am

AlexO wrote:
July 9, 2020, 6:13 pm
Not referring to the article Dean just an observation on the perceived racism issues that seem to infest inner city "hoods" in the USA. I have no idea how to solve the USA gun violence. Can you just imagine someone turning up to a protest in the UK armed with semi automatic weapon claiming it their God given right to do so.
I know no real way out for them. Violence is the language of fools , and america is a pretty violent place . I don't think Hollywood glorifying violence helps

Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » July 10, 2020, 9:15 am

papafarang wrote:
July 10, 2020, 8:58 am
AlexO wrote:
July 9, 2020, 6:13 pm
Not referring to the article Dean just an observation on the perceived racism issues that seem to infest inner city "hoods" in the USA. I have no idea how to solve the USA gun violence. Can you just imagine someone turning up to a protest in the UK armed with semi automatic weapon claiming it their God given right to do so.
I know no real way out for them. Violence is the language of fools , and america is a pretty violent place . I don't think Hollywood glorifying violence helps
Just got to love it :fryingpan:

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » July 17, 2020, 1:16 pm

In the UK the headstone of Dambuster Guy Gibson's pet dog has been removed for fear of causing racial offense. (BBC News)
The dog who died in 1943 was called "N I g g e r" but the new headstone has the name "Digger".
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » July 17, 2020, 5:56 pm

Zidane wrote:
July 17, 2020, 1:16 pm
In the UK the headstone of Dambuster Guy Gibson's pet dog has been removed for fear of causing racial offense. (BBC News)
The dog who died in 1943 was called "N I g g e r" but the new headstone has the name "Digger".
We don't like this bit of history so the we will just change its name brigade win again. For crying out loud the dog has been dead for nearly 80 years. Shame on you RAF for pandering to the Marxist mob again.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 18, 2020, 1:53 am

The chips on the shoulders of theae fooking kunts just get bigger ,, all ov a sudden ***** blacks negros (can i say that).. now even dogs ,,

N I G G E R ,,,,,,,,, well done that man n canine

WGAFF ....

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 18, 2020, 4:11 am

Oh bugger... I guess I will have to rename my RAF Dambuster's themed pub's name to "Guy Gibson's Digger" now? (I always thought "The Black Labrador" was a bit overused and parochial).

Now I'll have to put up with blissfully ignorant youngsters asking, "Where's his JCB then?"
Last edited by tamada on July 18, 2020, 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 18, 2020, 9:02 am

Those American's that think they need a Constitutional amendment before they will agree to wear a mask have come up with a cunning plan that's only surpassed by its stunningly blind ignorance. A nation of Baldricks...

ANTI-MASK PROTESTERS' NEW WEAPON: WEARING MASKS THAT OFFER NO COVID-19 PROTECTION

https://www.wthr.com/article/news/inves ... 0fe84e0f52

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » July 18, 2020, 10:42 am

tamada wrote:
July 18, 2020, 9:02 am
Those American's that think they need a Constitutional amendment before they will agree to wear a mask have come up with a cunning plan that's only surpassed by its stunningly blind ignorance. A nation of Baldricks...

ANTI-MASK PROTESTERS' NEW WEAPON: WEARING MASKS THAT OFFER NO COVID-19 PROTECTION

https://www.wthr.com/article/news/inves ... 0fe84e0f52
Guess its the same type of person who helped spread HIV by not wearing condoms.
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » July 18, 2020, 11:07 am

I enjoyed this comment from a Yahoo article linked from tam's link above:
Wearing a proper mask isn't a political statement, its an IQ test.
=D>

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » July 18, 2020, 12:35 pm

jackspratt wrote:
July 18, 2020, 11:07 am
I enjoyed this comment from a Yahoo article linked from tam's link above:
Wearing a proper mask isn't a political statement, its an IQ test.
=D>
Certainly in the US of A it is ........lol

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 9, 2020, 9:08 am

Presenter quits after BBC defends use of N-word in report

The presenter, who had a weekly show on BBC 1Xtra, said he could not work with the BBC allowing “the N-word being said on national television by a white person”.

Maybe it would have been OK if it had been said on national television by a black person?

Or maybe he should go the whole hog and just change his birth name to David Blackley?

DASOACDM

(Dim attention seekers of any color don't matter.)

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » August 9, 2020, 9:17 am

it's difficult understanding the rules. comedians
( black) rappers (black) use it in every sentence.

as a term of endearment apparently . and that ok

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 15, 2020, 9:05 am

Gender stereotyping is harming young people's mental health, finds UK report

"... In retail, an audit of 141 high street shops and 44 online retailers found that children’s clothes, cards and stationery were often sold using explicit segregation, and toys showcased using pink and blue. However, two-thirds of parents said they wanted to see companies advertise items to boys and girls in the same way. ..."

Well maybe that's because most mums and dads don't feel the need to sift through the football boots when all they really want is to get a pink tutu for George.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 15, 2020, 9:27 am

tamada wrote:
December 15, 2020, 9:05 am
Gender stereotyping is harming young people's mental health, finds UK report

"... In retail, an audit of 141 high street shops and 44 online retailers found that children’s clothes, cards and stationery were often sold using explicit segregation, and toys showcased using pink and blue. However, two-thirds of parents said they wanted to see companies advertise items to boys and girls in the same way. ..."

Well maybe that's because most mums and dads don't feel the need to sift through the football boots when all they really want is to get a pink tutu for George.
Yet more weak kneed lefty woke snowflake box ticking sh8te ..

Catapults for lads n barbie dolls for lasses ..

how the world is being shaped nowadays is head shaking producing generations of soft gender searching fookwits not knowing what to say or which way take it let alone develop an opinion and/or personality remotely controversial , social media hasnt helped .

DM ..
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » January 26, 2021, 1:47 pm

BBC bosses have thrown out a complaint against political editor, Laura Kuenssberg, for her use of the phrase "nitty gritty "in a Brexit cast podcast.
A listener objected to Ms Kuenssbergs choice of words when she discussed getting "into the nitty gritty"of the abrupt departure from Downing Street of Boris Johnsons advisor, Lee Cain.
The complainant stated that the phrase was offensive as "nitty gritty "was a reference to the slave trade but the corporations executives found no evidence to support this and the phrase actually means getting to the bottom of something.

Some of these snowflake complainants need to get a life methinks.....
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » January 26, 2021, 6:51 pm

I reckon some of these big corporations must have whole departments nowadays staffed with numerous people just fielding complaints.
Long gone are the days when it was a stiff letter from Mary Whitehouse
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 28, 2021, 12:10 pm

Only half of young attracted exclusively to opposite sex

Study shows a generational shift in how young people view their sexuality, researchers believe

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/only ... -zbt9ckxwt

If you sew confusion, you will reap confusion, no?

PS: If you don't have a sub for The Times, you can follow the 'debate' on the low-brow Daily Mail although none of their erudite readers appear to have commented yet.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... shows.html

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » February 28, 2021, 12:30 pm

tamada wrote:
February 28, 2021, 12:10 pm
PS: If you don't have a sub for The Times, you can follow the 'debate' on the low-brow Daily Mail although none of their erudite readers appear to have commented yet.
Alternatively, if you don't want to subject yourself to the Mail, and you want permanent access to The Times (and numerous other paywalled sites), you could install this:

https://github.com/iamadamdev/bypass-paywalls-chrome

Works on Chrome, Edge and Firefox.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 28, 2021, 12:38 pm

jackspratt wrote:
February 28, 2021, 12:30 pm
Alternatively, if you don't want to subject yourself to the Mail, and you want permanent access to The Times (and numerous other paywalled sites), you could install this:

https://github.com/iamadamdev/bypass-paywalls-chrome

Works on Chrome, Edge and Firefox.
OMG... it includes Eindhovens Dagblad too!

Good deal js

Ta
tam

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 12, 2021, 12:14 pm

Now here's more stuff of nonsense. It appears the wokey BLM brigade (mostly white folks that feel offended for them), have decided that only black people can be considered as qualified to translate the prose of America's new National Youth Poet Laureate.

'Not suitable': Catalan translator for Amanda Gorman poem removed

"... He does not know if the rejection came from the original publisher or from Gorman’s agent.

“It is a very complicated subject that cannot be treated with frivolity,” said Obiols, a resident of Barcelona.

“But if I cannot translate a poet because she is a woman, young, black, an American of the 21st century, neither can I translate Homer because I am not a Greek of the eighth century BC. Or could not have translated Shakespeare because I am not a 16th-century Englishman. ..."”

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2021/ ... em-removed

This follows on from a similar cringeworthy criticism given to the appointment of a white person to be a Dutch translator of the same work.

'Shocked by the uproar': Amanda Gorman's white translator quits

"... Dutch publisher Meulenhoff had announced Rijneveld, winner of the International Booker prize, as the translator of the Joe Biden inaugural poet’s forthcoming collection, The Hill We Climb, last week. But the move quickly drew opprobrium. Journalist and activist Janice Deul led critics with a piece in Volkskrant asking why Meulenhoff had not chosen a translator who was, like Gorman, a “spoken-word artist, young, female and unapologetically Black. ...”

This opinion somewhat amazingly follows the fact that, "... Meulenhoff said it was Rijneveld’s decision to resign, and that Gorman, who is 22, had selected the 29-year-old herself, as a fellow young writer who had also come to fame early. ..."

It would appear that Janice Duel considers that the National Youth Poet Laureate isn't fit to judge who should translate her own words.

Return to “General Debates & Discussions”