British state pensions for those living overseas

Monthly meetings, organizations, important dates to remember etc.
arjay
udonmap.com

British state pensions for those living overseas

Post by arjay » February 12, 2022, 8:09 pm

This is a cross post to draw your attention to this petition regarding the above:

viewtopic.php?f=124&t=53582

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/601821

You just need to give your name, email address and UK postcode and confirm you are a British citizen.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Re: British state pensions for those living overseas

Post by AlexO » February 12, 2022, 8:17 pm

Done. Come on guys get in there.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » February 12, 2022, 8:28 pm

arjay wrote:
February 12, 2022, 8:09 pm
This is a cross post to draw your attention to this petition regarding the above:

viewtopic.php?f=124&t=53582

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/601821

You just need to give your name, email address and UK postcode and confirm you are a British citizen.
HOW Can you give a UK Postcode if you live Overseas ?? :-k :-k :-k

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » February 13, 2022, 12:31 pm

Just put L4 4EL Alan - I'm sure they won't check.

choi choi
udonmap.com

Post by choi choi » February 13, 2022, 2:35 pm

Codes List ; Bung Kan. 43140 ; Bung Khong Long. 43220 ; Bung Kla. 43140 ; Fao Rai. 43120 ; Muang Nong Khai. 43000. Take your pick! Not quite the same as in UK!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » February 13, 2022, 2:50 pm

That's bound to invalidate it if you say you are living in Thailand and give a UK post code ........ either put Thai postcode or leave blank

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » February 13, 2022, 2:58 pm

choi choi wrote:
February 13, 2022, 2:35 pm
Codes List ; Bung Kan. 43140 ; Bung Khong Long. 43220 ; Bung Kla. 43140 ; Fao Rai. 43120 ; Muang Nong Khai. 43000. Take your pick! Not quite the same as in UK!
Roy, I Just filled the petition in with my Thai Address & The accepted it....They'll send you an e-mail asking You to Validate the address via a Link,If You don't click the link to validate,It Won't accept your Vote....Simples !!

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » February 13, 2022, 4:55 pm

I think the requirement to give a postcode is just part of the standard petition checking system to make sure the people signing are real people. Agreed in this instance it would seem illogical that many of the people who might want to sign it will already be living overseas. I would be inclined to put a UK postcode that coincides with a family member's address in the UK., if you don't have a base in the UK anymore. I doubt it would accept it with a non-UK postcode.

I did note when I signed the e-petition, I received an email with a link to click on to validate the signature, and then it gave me the name of the/my MP who represented the area of the postcode, presumably so I could lobby him if I so chose.

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » February 13, 2022, 5:18 pm

arjay wrote:
February 13, 2022, 4:55 pm
I think the requirement to give a postcode is just part of the standard petition checking system to make sure the people signing are real people. Agreed in this instance it would seem illogical that many of the people who might want to sign it will already be living overseas. I would be inclined to put a UK postcode that coincides with a family member's address in the UK., if you don't have a base in the UK anymore. I doubt it would accept it with a non-UK postcode.

I did note when I signed the e-petition, I received an email with a link to click on to validate the signature, and then it gave me the name of the/my MP who represented the area of the postcode, presumably so I could lobby him if I so chose.
you are Living in UK.
I registered this morning and was asked for my email adress no postcode or any reference to UK.
I was sent an email immediately with a link to click onto .
It then came up with my postcode 41000 Udon Thani. I confirmed my postcode and it showed the register going up by one more vote.
Very easy and simple but apparently not for people who have not tried it and are looking for problems.
not to try it.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » February 13, 2022, 5:38 pm

Agreed .... I got e mail after approx 4 - 5 mins and then acceptance (with no MP details as I doubt they know which white uniformed erk laden with medals to suggest)

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » February 13, 2022, 5:55 pm

Great stuff. It sounds more intelligent than I thought.

Completely as an aside, but to illustrate the pre-occupation with postcodes in the UK: When I returned to the UK, the TV licence record people chased, hassled and even threatened me because the occupier (me) didn't have a TV licence. (including letters saying: "This is what will happen when you go to court") - I was furious, as I didn't have a TV licence because I didn't yet have a TV. (Not to mention that they had refused to refund me on my old TV licence when I left the UK, without sight of a solicitor's letter proving I had sold my UK property, which I had to obtain from The UK when living in Thailand and then send to the NTVLRO in the UK.!).

Then a year after my return to the UK, when I eventually bought a TV, I was obliged to go online to buy a TV licence and the TV licence record office system insisted on having my previous address, which it then would not accept because it was an address in Thailand and didn't have UK postcode! So I couldn't proceed. If I rang them, I ended up in a never ending queue which kept repeating messages saying use our website! :evil: The UK has its frustrations too, particularly if one returns here to live.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » February 13, 2022, 6:48 pm

pal52 wrote:
February 13, 2022, 5:18 pm
arjay wrote:
February 13, 2022, 4:55 pm

you are Living in UK.
I registered this morning and was asked for my email adress no postcode or any reference to UK.
I was sent an email immediately with a link to click onto .
It then came up with my postcode 41000 Udon Thani. I confirmed my postcode and it showed the register going up by one more vote.
Very easy and simple but apparently not for people who have not tried it and are looking for problems.
not to try it.
And THAT pal52 IS The way to do it.....

choi choi
udonmap.com

Post by choi choi » February 13, 2022, 7:33 pm

747man wrote:
February 13, 2022, 2:58 pm
choi choi wrote:
Roy, I Just filled the petition in with my Thai Address & The accepted it....They'll send you an e-mail asking You to Validate the address via a Link,If You don't click the link to validate,It Won't accept your Vote....Simples !!
OH! I never got an Email to confirm! I will sign again! Yes post code 41000 :roll:
OK done!.....".We've added your signature to the petition"

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » February 13, 2022, 8:13 pm

choi choi wrote:
February 13, 2022, 7:33 pm
747man wrote:
February 13, 2022, 2:58 pm
choi choi wrote:
OH! I never got an Email to confirm! I will sign again! Yes post code 41000 :roll:
OK done!.....".We've added your signature to the petition"
That's Good,See Yer Live & Learn of a Scouse Git !!

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » February 13, 2022, 8:15 pm

All I can say is good luck to you Brits.
Had a very long term expat here in Ban Dung beating his drum on this topic for some 20 years -- was a senior executive for your Nottingham Forrest football club.
He went the wrong way and finished up being caught with a BS address, claiming heating allowance etc. now located in some squalor of a state housing bed sitter in the UK to see out his remaining days with his pension being tapped to pay off his debt.
Last edited by Bandung_Dero on February 13, 2022, 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » February 13, 2022, 8:25 pm

There's a way to avoid that Dero ...... DONT use BS addresses or make illegal claims for things you shouldn't get =;

Anyone who was a senior executive at a top level football club deserves everything he was hit with. If he was trying to defraud the taxpayer, and in so doing take money away from the poor soles that deserved it, shame on him

stereolab
udonmap.com

Post by stereolab » February 13, 2022, 8:42 pm

I just submitted my vote, very easy to use the link, accepted my Thailand post code immediately.

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » February 13, 2022, 9:38 pm

Bandung_Dero wrote:
February 13, 2022, 8:15 pm
All I can say is good luck to you Brits.
Yes, thanks. It's worth a try.

It can mean a lot to some people. Years back I read about 99 year old little old ladies living in places like South Africa and Australia, living on: £3 3/6d type of thing. (For non -Brits, - 3/6d = three shillings and 6 old pence, old pre decimal money.
stereolab wrote: I just submitted my vote, very easy to use the link, accepted my Thailand post code immediately.
Great stuff.

It's just coming up to 6000 signatures. A way to go yet.

I wonder if anyone here on Udonmap is also a member of Thaivisa or similar forums and could post it there.

choi choi
udonmap.com

Post by choi choi » February 13, 2022, 9:59 pm

I will post on Facebook!

Fuzzy Ken
udonmap.com

Post by Fuzzy Ken » February 14, 2022, 8:28 am

Just wanted to say that I registered for the frozen pension petition yesterday.

It asked for my country of residence and postcode. There was no mention at all of a UK postcode.

I received an email with a link which I clicked on, to confirm my registration.

All very simple and quick to do
Fuzzyken

All about Cambodia at: www.fuzzykensblog.com

Return to “Notice Board”