ANZAC Day 2019 at Jingjoes Aussie Bar, Udon Thani.

Monthly meetings, organizations, important dates to remember etc.
Sport
udonmap.com

Post by Sport » April 6, 2019, 10:21 am

Thursday 25 April 2019 is ANZAC Day for Commonwealth countries and their Allies from WW1. ANZACs, (Australian New Zealand Army Corp) is a day that is remembered by those 2 countries who were part of a larger force that stormed the beach and cliffs of Gallipoli in Turkey on that day in 1915 and the first time Oz and Kiwis fought as one group.

Losses to the Commonwealth armies were high as too for the Turks who never gave up and were heroic soldiers. It was a defeat for the Commonwealth and on this day we remember the sacrifices of both armies and ceremonies take place around the world marking this event.

At "Jingjoes" Aussie Bar we will be doing our small part too remember the fallen. The bar is located in Soi Srisunthon, off Nittaya Rd, directly opposite the Post Office, Udon Gourmet Meats and NB Hotel, just down from Marko heading towards the city and the same side as Makro, you may see the black kangaroo on yellow background on the main road.

Commencing at 7.30am, Ice cold refreshments and free snack food will be available together with a free shot of Bundaberg and other rums. Around 8.30am a small ceremony will take place with 2 speech's and the lowering and raising of the Oz and Kiwi flags.

If you are travelling to Kanchanaburi (River Kwae) for the ceremony take care on the roads. Everybody is welcome to Jingjoes. The one sided AFL match Essendon = Collingwood kicks off at 12.20pm.

Lest we forget.

Thanks Rob

saint
udonmap.com

Re: ANZAC Day 2019 at Jingjoes Aussie Bar, Udon Thani.

Post by saint » April 6, 2019, 1:41 pm

Will you be remembering the half a million or so Muslim soldiers that fought on the side of the allies , or the million plus Muslims that worked supplying the lines ?

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » April 6, 2019, 3:23 pm

2,000 "Australians" fought in the New Zealand Wars in the 1860s in New Zealand. They were mainly Victorians. There were plenty of Poms fighting as well. These NZ wars used to be called the Maori Wars.

I hope Essendon win.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Sport
udonmap.com

Post by Sport » April 6, 2019, 9:28 pm

saint wrote:
April 6, 2019, 1:41 pm
Will you be remembering the half a million or so Muslim soldiers that fought on the side of the allies , or the million plus Muslims that worked supplying the lines ?
We are only remembering the ANZACs on this day, other countries and different nationalities will probably have their own special rememberance day. And no doubt our minds will cast over the sacrifice of other nations and their soldiers through wars in different theatres. This day is about Aussies and Kiwis at Gallipoli, nothing more.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » April 8, 2019, 3:01 pm

Hope to see you there Rob.
Congrats for making your premises available.
Yes it is a solemn day allows us to remember those that sacrificed all for the cause at that time in history.

Saint why don’t you come along and see what and who is actually remembered on this Anzac Day day. Forget your personal gripe with those you disagree with.
I remember attending the Anzac service at the Australian embassy in Saudi Arabia years ago and the Turkish ambassador gave a terrific speech on the Gallipoli landing. Explaining the effect the campaign had on both sides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » April 13, 2019, 10:35 am

no ruddy wonder I couldnt find the flamin Kangaroo on the footpath, and missed out last year, I was on the wrong bloody main road wasnt I...circled like a ruddy gallah I did, until I did my head in..Rode all the way from Texas too just to get there..

just correct me Rob..you are not just down road from the new bridge going up at the Ring Road /Nongkhai junction??

MusicalBars
udonmap.com

Post by MusicalBars » April 13, 2019, 11:09 am

maaka wrote:
April 13, 2019, 10:35 am
no ruddy wonder I couldnt find the flamin Kangaroo on the footpath, and missed out last year, I was on the wrong bloody main road wasnt I...circled like a ruddy gallah I did, until I did my head in..Rode all the way from Texas too just to get there..

just correct me Rob..you are not just down road from the new bridge going up at the Ring Road /Nongkhai junction??
Rob is no where near the Nong Kai road as he mentions coming from Big C pass makro on your left and look for yellow and black Kangaroo sign on the left turn left and its on the left on that road there are probably shorter ways to find it but think this is the easiest if you havent been before

MusicalBars
udonmap.com

Post by MusicalBars » April 13, 2019, 11:14 am

I will try make it Rob although I am a bloody pomme I have great respect for all the armed forces who have given so much for the many was in Kanchanaburi in Nov for rememberance day last year and many Anzac vets were there very moving

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » April 13, 2019, 11:36 am

See Map below.
It has a Kangeroo sign at the entrance to the soi.
The post Office is on the other side of the road just past the turn off.

https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Jin ... 2931?hl=en

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » April 13, 2019, 12:47 pm

Thanks Fella's..think I have it this time...

trekkertony
udonmap.com

Post by trekkertony » April 13, 2019, 3:43 pm

Hi Maaka,
Use Google maps,
Key in your current location, then key in the Jingjoes and the directions will appear.. Rob, as always, your respect for the ANZACS is uplfifting and those who attend, thank you for offering your respect

petermac

Post by petermac » April 14, 2019, 6:56 am

hi .. will be in udonthani on the day .. so will make my way for the ceremony and a few drinks following .. not too familiar with udon .. but hope to learn and pick up some pointers when there .. peter

Sport
udonmap.com

Post by Sport » April 17, 2019, 9:11 pm

Thanks fellas for giving directions and hope to see you on the day, Rob.

Sport
udonmap.com

Post by Sport » April 22, 2019, 10:23 am

Just a reminder for this Thursday. Welcome Peter from Adelaide.

CynicalSailor

Post by CynicalSailor » April 24, 2019, 11:41 am

I'll certainly be there. Singo gave me a heads up yesterday.

AussieBoy
udonmap.com

Post by AussieBoy » April 25, 2019, 6:33 am

Just finished the dawn service in Kintore NT, hAVE A GOOD DAY, lest we forget.
Master Builder

Return to “Notice Board”