77years ago today .

Monthly meetings, organizations, important dates to remember etc.
trubrit
udonmap.com

77years ago today .

Post by trubrit » September 16, 2017, 8:01 am

Yes today is the anniversary of that pivotal day when thanks to the few as they became known destroyed 175 enemy aircraft in a single day to thwart hitlers plan to destroy our defences and take over our country .I remember it well, viewing the dog fights going on in the sky above from the roof of the building I lived, in central London, before being dragged down the stairs by a concerned ARW, as a mere child I didn't know the danger involved and was casually collecting shrapnell falling all around us. Let us give thanks to everyone who preserved our freedom then and vow to protect it today from those who failed to gain domination military then ,but think they can now by more devious methods during the Brexit negotiations .
21752660_1930112033906294_2479553097100902344_o.jpg

Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

leterry60614
udonmap.com

Re: 77years ago today .

Post by leterry60614 » September 16, 2017, 12:57 pm

It's your opinion but don't shame your countrymen that voted against Brexit, they are not terrorists as you suggest. By the way, why did you leave the U.K. ?

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » September 16, 2017, 5:06 pm

leterry60614 wrote:
September 16, 2017, 12:57 pm
It's your opinion but don't shame your countrymen that voted against Brexit, they are not terrorists as you suggest. By the way, why did you leave the U.K. ?
First let me say I am confused by your EU avatar and your location shown as Chicago, can't make my mind up what your interest is.Are you a European upset by our leaving your gang attempting to extort money from us as a penalty for our self determination or one who has already deserted the obviously sinking ship for the calmer waters of the US .Anyway not wishing to detract from the point of my post which was to honour and remember those that sacrificed there all for our freedom from the Nazi's (Germans) I will just say that at no time did I suggest those that voted to stay were terrorists, which would have been rather harsh when really as the voting statistics revealed, they were mostly of a younger generation that hadn't experienced the horrors of war inflicted on us by the axis aggressors nor of the cowardly acceptance and help given them by the Vichy of France , so not terrorists, just simply unaware of whose bed they were voting to sleep in .Age is a great educator .
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » September 16, 2017, 5:57 pm

Absolutely brilliant "Put Down" Trubrit It amuses me that the Remoaners use every trick in the new "Politically Correct" vocabulary to try and prove how Fascist we are but refuse to accept that Europe is heading towards a huge conflict between the 4th Reich and Islamification. As to his question. Freedom of Choise Mr. Freedom of Choise!!!

maxeboy
udonmap.com

Post by maxeboy » September 17, 2017, 9:32 am

Let us honor the few who changed the game in 1940 and never forget what they sacrificed.

The huge conflict is not only the 4th Reich involved but all the Europeans Nations being overrun must prepare for brutal vengeance.

Kind regards from

maxeboy
GreatDane born free taxed into slavery

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 17, 2017, 1:18 pm

It's a pity that the OP chose to sully an otherwise timely, decent and respectable tribute to the true RAF 'fly boy' heroes of autumn 1940 by initially inviting and then stupidly encouraging puerile debate on Brexit.

BTW, age does something else too.

jimjay
udonmap.com

Post by jimjay » September 17, 2017, 4:28 pm

I'll skip the politics and join on honouring those who fought the fight of fights.

Against all the odds you guys prevailed and as a former soldier form another country that served alongside your fighting men I can say without reservation they were a soldier's soldier to the man. Real top quality blokes every one of them.

Good on your country then, let's hope you make it through thick n thin, as today's world is a crazy mix of some truly complicated and divisive BS.

Also taking time out to mention and remember Robin Wallbank R.I.P. sir you were a great fellow, wish you were still with us.
Attachments
article-0-1A9B80C3000005DC-828_964x649.jpg
article-2352924-00320CAA00000258-701_964x625.jpg

Return to “Notice Board”