the latest vegan news in Udon Thani

Monthly meetings, organizations, important dates to remember etc.
chopperjoey
udonmap.com

Post by chopperjoey » May 31, 2015, 2:27 pm

Hello all you vegheads out there!

One of the best Jay restaurants in Udon Thani recently closed. The Jay restaurant in front of Aek Udon Hospital closed because of personal reasons.

Good news for cake lovers. The Jay restaurant on Prajak Silapakom Road (the road in front of Central coming from the train station) in front of the high school starts to sell vegan cakes starting monday (tomorow). The cakes are whole wheat and no margarine is used, for now they have a Chocolate Fudge Cake and an Orange Custard Cream Cake. Shop closes at 16.30, open seven days week.

Looing forward for hearin the latest veg news from other people here.

regards

fredwilliams
udonmap.com

Post by fredwilliams » June 4, 2015, 8:22 am

The best Jay food restaurant changed ownership not so long. It's still just as good but prices have literally doubled...

...side street (Ponpsisai Rd I think) opposite Ban Hoy market. Its on your right as you move away from Ban Hoy.

Then theres the one near the Clock Tower roundabout opposite the Chinese school as you head towards Central Plaza. Its on your left. Inconsistent opening days and times.

I also discovered a new place recently. As you drive from the university towards the prison take the first turning on your right (opposite the big primary school) and its there on your right. And only 30 B for a decent serving with a stock soup on the side.

All three places serve food with good and proper brown rice.

chopperjoey
udonmap.com

Post by chopperjoey » June 21, 2015, 5:24 pm

Thanks Fred, i don't know the Jay restaurant near the prison, i will make an effort to find it, always nice to visit a new place.
I was in the Jay restaurant oposite the Chinese school yesterday, it seems they are closed one day a month on a sunday. They didn't have cakes but they had take out pizzas now with vegan cheese and pesto sauce.

fredwilliams
udonmap.com

Post by fredwilliams » June 22, 2015, 9:06 am

Ive seen another newish looking place that Im going to give a try.

Its on the Udondutsadi Road as you head towards Ban Hoy (from Nong Khai). The market is on your right and the restaurant on your left, about 250m meters before you reach the market.

And that other place opposite the Chinese school does close at random. Its not just Sundays. :evil:

chopperjoey
udonmap.com

Post by chopperjoey » March 25, 2016, 10:35 am

New; veg burgers in Nong Prajak.
Near the bicycle rent shop at Nong Prajak is a bicycle vendor selling Veggie Burgers, most of the days from 4.30 pm to 7.30 pm the facebook page is The Vegan Runners Cafe.

Dhamma
udonmap.com

Re: the latest vegan news in Udon Thani

Post by Dhamma » September 24, 2017, 5:04 am

Anyone know where I can get gluten free options other than the basic brown rice? Has this hit Udon yet?

Return to “Notice Board”