USMC 238th Birthday Observance

Monthly meetings, organizations, important dates to remember etc.
papaguido
udonmap.com

B-Day

Post by papaguido » November 10, 2013, 10:23 am

Happy birthday and Semper Fi Marine...

A handful of us are having a get together at Bubba's ...

KB_Texas

Post by KB_Texas » November 10, 2013, 6:06 pm

Much thanks to papa for putting together a local celebration of the Marine Corps birthday! I think I speak for all when I saw we had a good time.

Thanks to Bubba and June for opening their place to our celebration. The food was good, the beer was cold, and the company was entertaining. Heck, we even had a Danish officer drop in for a few moments to try to learn the secret of being a Marine, though he missed the toasts later! ;) :shock: :lol:

Thanks papa...I enjoyed the afternoon, as I believe all did!

Semper Fi

KB

sgt
udonmap.com

Post by sgt » November 10, 2013, 6:34 pm

Agreed, and thanks for the cold beer, esp. the Beer Lao, great company, good food and shots.

Hey KB there are no secrets to being a Marine, you just have to be certified insane...lol.

Thanks guys, good meeting all of you.

KB_Texas

Post by KB_Texas » November 10, 2013, 6:52 pm

sgt wrote: Hey KB there are no secrets to being a Marine, you just have to be certified insane...lol.
Shhhhsh!!! He has been plying me with liquor trying to learn the secret. I wouldn't want him to learn it so easily. ;) :lol:

KB

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » November 10, 2013, 7:02 pm

It was a good turn out for short notice get together and things went better than expected. I also want to thank Bubba & June for supporting us. The chow was great; Mac & Cheese, Sloppy Joe's, hot wings and tater wedges doesn't get any better than that.

Great seeing old faces (no pun intended :D ) and meeting new. Will do again next year...but no excuses for getting together in between.

Semper Fi Marines...

Good night Chesty, where ever your are...

sgt
udonmap.com

Post by sgt » November 10, 2013, 7:09 pm

KB, Do believe he was there long enough to learn just a bit....maybe why he didn't stay longer...lol.

Never thought I would be the oldest, "what a revoltin' development", as William Bendix used to say, but it sure beats the alternative.

And yes to all, papaguido.

SEMPER FI!

papaguido
udonmap.com

USMC 239th Birthday Observance

Post by papaguido » September 24, 2014, 9:00 am

Attention on Deck! Listen up jarheads...it’s nearly that time of the year and in keeping with tradition in celebrating the Marine Corps birthday all hands presence is requested to honor our Corps 239th birthday. The op order is in the planning phase and a show of interest is needed to go forward, please reply to this post.

Semper Fi
A Marine is a Marine, there's no such thing as a former Marine. You're a Marine, just in a different uniform and you're in a different phase of your life. But you'll always be a Marine because you went to Parris Island, San Diego or the hills of Quantico. There's no such thing as a former Marine.

General James F. Amos, 35th Commandant of the Marine Corps

downunder
udonmap.com

Post by downunder » September 24, 2014, 9:55 am

Why is this so important when not a single post was mentioned about 9/11. Just wondering

BigBubba
udonmap.com

Post by BigBubba » September 24, 2014, 10:10 am

downunder wrote:Why is this so important when not a single post was mentioned about 9/11. Just wondering
I'll let the Marines handle this, but I think if you had been through what a U.S Marine goes through you'd know.
Every day I wake up is a good day.

redwolf
udonmap.com

Post by redwolf » September 24, 2014, 10:22 am

downunder wrote:Why is this so important when not a single post was mentioned about 9/11. Just wondering
Has nothing to do with terrorism (rightly avenged), and everything to do with tradition rightly honoured and celebrated.

To all the Marines utmost RESPECT and Semper Fi.

RW
AUT VIAM INVENIAM AUT FACIAM | ARCANA IMPERII | ALIS AQUILAE

sgt
udonmap.com

Post by sgt » September 24, 2014, 11:31 am

Marine Corps B-day has nothing to do with 9/11. It has everything to do with our history, traditions, honor and esprit de corps. Looking forward to another b-day party like last year.

Wait, I just remembered what it has to do with some terrorists who think they are virgins waiting for them in heaven. Ain't gonna' happen, US Marines are guarding the streets of heaven, there ain't no virgins left....lol!

SEMPER FI!

USMC Sgt, Vietnam 1966/67

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » September 24, 2014, 1:50 pm

papaguido wrote:Attention on Deck! Listen up jarheads...it’s nearly that time of the year and in keeping with tradition in celebrating the Marine Corps birthday all hands presence is requested to honor our Corps 239th birthday. The op order is in the planning phase and a show of interest is needed to go forward, please reply to this post.

Semper Fi
A Marine is a Marine, there's no such thing as a former Marine. You're a Marine, just in a different uniform and you're in a different phase of your life. But you'll always be a Marine because you went to Parris Island, San Diego or the hills of Quantico. There's no such thing as a former Marine.

General James F. Amos, 35th Commandant of the Marine Corps
I

I'll be there papa...just let me know when and where! OORAH!!!!!!!!!!
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

sgt
udonmap.com

Post by sgt » September 24, 2014, 1:52 pm

Same here.

sgt
udonmap.com

Post by sgt » October 2, 2014, 3:43 pm

Any one wanting info on USMC b-day here in Udon please PM me for contact information.

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » October 8, 2014, 6:24 am

**Bumping it up**

sgt wrote:Any one wanting info on USMC b-day here in Udon please PM me for contact information.

ronan01
udonmap.com

Post by ronan01 » October 8, 2014, 6:50 am

Anybody know who the first US Marines were - where and who did they serve 238 years ago (in 1776?) Was that the revolutionary war? Was it on ship or land?

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » October 8, 2014, 11:54 am

ronan01 wrote:Anybody know who the first US Marines were - where and who did they serve 238 years ago (in 1776?) Was that the revolutionary war? Was it on ship or land?
All Marines know the answer to this, it's part of our history and tradition...

"In 1775 is when the Marine Corps came alive": at that time, Continental congress passed a resolution to form two battalions of Continental Marines. The birth place of USMC was in Tuns Tavern, Philadelphia. It was led by Captain Samuel Nicholas, regarded as the first commandant of USMC and one of it's first major battles was fought against the British in New Province Island in the Bahamas.

sgt
udonmap.com

Post by sgt » October 17, 2014, 3:47 pm

Bump. Anybody interested PM me. Thanks.

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » October 17, 2014, 8:12 pm

papa..
the USMC probably fought against my dad's old regiment, the Royal Inniskilling Fusillers at St Lucia, Bahamas, in 1778..
no hard feelings..

Astana
udonmap.com

Post by Astana » October 17, 2014, 8:50 pm

Talking of Corps Birthdays...

The Royal Marines' 350th Anniversary 28th October

The Royal Marines celebrate their 350th birthday this year and you are all invited to join in the celebrations. From fighting on the decks and in the mastheads at the Battle of Trafalgar, through World War Two, to the modern day, leading the assaults on the Falkland Islands and Iraq and operating in Afghanistan, they are an integral part of Britain’s defence and the Royal Navy; their distinction combines excellence, versatility and unique amphibious skills.

http://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/news-and-la ... ures/rm350

Return to “Notice Board”