USMC 238th Birthday Observance

Monthly meetings, organizations, important dates to remember etc.
sgt
udonmap.com

Post by sgt » October 18, 2014, 11:15 pm

I would think any Royal Marines would be welcome to celebrate both b-days with us. I for one have tremendous respect for them and Aussie Vets, I know several from Vietnam that I would personally welcome. No pretenders please.

All Marine Corps veterans (and invited guests):

You are cordially invited to a get together with other Marines to celebrate the 239th birthday of our Corps, Monday, November 10th, 2014 at 14:00 at Bubba's Bar and Grill in Udon Thani, Thailand.

Food will be provided, but you are responsible for your drinks.

If you plan to attend, PLEASE LET US KNOW via email, PM, or a message in this forum so we may adjust the food order to meet those wishing to attend.

Bubba's Facebook Page:
https://www.facebook.com/BubbasBarandGrillUdonthani

Semper Fi

"To save your world you asked this man to die; Would this man, could he see you now, ask why?" W.H. Auden "Epitaph for an Unknown Soldier"

sgt
udonmap.com

Post by sgt » November 9, 2014, 11:42 am

Just a reminder, tomorrow at Bubba's 1400 hrs.

Come hell or high water, Buddha willing and the waters don't rise or the US version lawd willin' and the crick don rise I'll be there.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » November 10, 2014, 8:11 am

Hey Marines and All! Here's a birthday message from General Joseph Dunford, the 36th Commandant of the Marine Corps.

I've tried to embed the video unsuccessfully, so here is the YouTube link for the message:

Mod Note
Video embedded for you..
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

sgt
udonmap.com

Post by sgt » November 10, 2014, 9:52 am

Thanks for that, 1st thing I opened when I turned computer on today. As a note, Kyle Carpenter skydived into the USMC Marathon a couple of weeks ago.

Link: http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/chec ... -into-d-c/

Most appropriate, choppers up this AM.

SEMPER FI!

Stoeger
udonmap.com

Post by Stoeger » January 20, 2016, 9:44 pm

My wife and I went to the 240th US Marine Corps Birthday Ball held in the Lao Plaza Hotel in Vientiane on 14 NOV 15! The US Ambassador to Laos (Mr. Clune) attended as well as other dignitaries including senior Laotian government and military officials, US Embassy personnel and the US Marine Corps Embassy Security Detachment!

There was a video from the Commandant of the US Marine Corps (GEN Neller) which offered birthday wishes, showed various weaponry and demonstrated some of the Corp's war-fighting capability! A large birthday cake was cut and, per tradition, the first piece went to the oldest Marine present (from Udon Thani) with the next piece given to the youngest!

It was the first time in 40 years that the Lao PDR allowed US military in uniform in their country! It was a gala affair beginning with a color guard! To say the Marines looked "sharp" would be an understatement! Although I completed Marine boot camp in 1967, I don't remember them being so big! Ultimately, I went to Pensacola for flight training and spent 23 years in the US Navy!

I was proud to serve and to once again assemble with my shipmates to celebrate such an important birthday for America! My wife, a Lieutenant in the Royal Thai Border Police, especially enjoyed the classy uniforms, the opening ceremonies, the formal affair and four-course meal!

Hoorah and semper fi,

Jon H. Stoeger
CDR. USN-retired

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » January 21, 2016, 6:26 am

any Hmong or Degar at the party CDR ??

Stoeger
udonmap.com

Post by Stoeger » January 22, 2016, 3:41 pm

Didn't see any Hmong, Montegnards (Degars), Pathet Lao, Viet Cong, CIA or Air America guests! Maybe, they were in camos or the Marines "neutralized" any threats before the party!

PapaZ
udonmap.com

Post by PapaZ » March 3, 2016, 6:32 am

Hi,
My name is Z, and a USAF combat rescue PJ veteran here in Udon.
We own a Bar in Udon. In a past life as contractor I supported MARFORPAC in Hawaii,
and have trained and worked with MARSOC brothers in many countries around the world.
Should you need a place to host your next USMC birthday celebration we would be honored to host it at our establishments.
My number is 089-809-9954
SF
Papa Z

Mod Note:

Some text altered so that this does not appear to be an advert..

Return to “Notice Board”