BBC Tv

Monthly meetings, organizations, important dates to remember etc.
trubrit
udonmap.com

BBC Tv

Post by trubrit » January 13, 2010, 6:40 pm

The BBC are going to make a documentary on Ex -pats married to Thai ladies living in rural Issan and the north .I have been asked to put forward details of anyone from the UK, willing to co-operate in this programme. I have been informed it will be about the positive side not the negatives , but of course I cannot guarantee that as news being news, anything can happen. Anyone who is interested to take part can PM me a contact number and the producers will contact you direct .
I must declare I am not taking part as it will be obviously screened in GB and I don't want my ex's to realise how much I am enjoying myself . :lol: They would really prefer those that have chosen to live a more rural country lifestyle . Thank you .

trubrit
udonmap.com

Re: BBC Tv

Post by trubrit » January 14, 2010, 6:55 pm

An addendum to the above post. Talking to the BBC representative today. It is not a TV recording but an interview by a reporter.for the BBC World Service radio broadcast. Your views and comments may be used but your identity will not be revealed. They hope to interview about five couples to achieve a balanced report. So don't be shy. Its your chance to emphasise the positive aspects of living in Thailand with your Thai partner . :D

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » January 15, 2010, 7:05 am

trubit wrote:I must declare I am not taking part as it will be obviously screened in GB and I don't want my ex's to realise how much I am enjoying myself
trubit wrote:It is not a TV recording but an interview by a reporter.for the BBC World Service radio broadcast
Still not taking part then...shame, as i know you have a good face for Radio....Image

Not Much responce,any takers out there yet, ...?

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » January 15, 2010, 8:22 am

beer monkey wrote:
[

It would seem that if a topic is of no interest then posters on here do not see the point in making negative comments.
Unlike you apparently . :-k

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » January 15, 2010, 4:42 pm

Whats negative about asking if there has been any takers yet..? :confused:
trubit wrote:It would seem that if a topic is of no interest....
I was interested...that why i posted.

Well any response or not...? Or is that between you and the BBC producers..classified sort of thing.

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » January 15, 2010, 5:09 pm

beer monkey wrote:Whats negative about asking if there has been any takers yet..? :confused:

Well any response or not...? Or is that between you and the BBC producers..classified sort of thing.
Well I am sure you will see some response on the other forum you moderate :roll: As for here . No not one reply but the information given me by the BBC office is that other than myself than have only lined up one other person for interview, a Khun Ralph from Non Wau Sor. Presumably another moderator you may know .Incidentally the contact is not a producer but simply a lady from the office whose job seems to be lining up prospects for the reporter to interview . In fact she couldn't answer my question whether it was to be a TV or radio programme, hence the initial confusion .

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » January 15, 2010, 5:22 pm

trubrit wrote:
beer monkey wrote:
[

It would seem that if a topic is of no interest then posters on here do not see the point in making negative comments.
Unlike you apparently . :-k
Oooooooooohhhhh ! Bitchy or what ????

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » January 15, 2010, 5:23 pm

They Have'nt phoned me..............YET !!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

RALPHCUSENS
udonmap.com

Post by RALPHCUSENS » January 15, 2010, 8:40 pm

trubrit wrote:
beer monkey wrote:Whats negative about asking if there has been any takers yet..? :confused:

Well I am sure you will see some response on the other forum you moderate :roll: As for here . No not one reply but the information given me by the BBC office is that other than myself than have only lined up one other person for interview, a Khun Ralph from Non Wau Sor. Presumably another moderator you may know .Incidentally the contact is not a producer but simply a lady from the office whose job seems to be lining up prospects for the reporter to interview . In fact she couldn't answer my question whether it was to be a TV or radio programme, hence the initial confusion .
Val. I wish that you would get your facts right, I have not agreed to participate on this programme, neither will I, I will be phoning the BBC in the morning to telling them to stop giving out false information!

They did indeed phone me asking if I could put them in touch with other Brit Expats, I informed them that they should ring me in a week after I have made inquiries.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » January 15, 2010, 9:54 pm

I wont be making myself available, seems a little light weight for me.

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » January 16, 2010, 5:04 am

Well from the first posting, which was a simple invitation to any one that would like to co-operate in making a BBC programme,to which I expected either a PM saying yes or simply no response, the latter being what I got , to this .So to try and understand what the fuss is all about, much against my better judgement I looked at the topic on the other forum. Wow!!! Its full of hysteria and paranoia, ranging from the "sinister" aspect of Amphoe having ones phone number to ,at the other extreme, posting videos on Thai dating agencies.
So much to write about, but apparently no ones interested? :roll: :roll: :roll: I even got 9 mentions either by name or implication and I'm not even a member. :lol: So, to clarify, or should I say, simplify, the subject, let me give a timed sequence of events .At 3.00pm on the day I received a phone call from Nai Amphoe of Nong Wau Sor, she was in Bangkok attending a seminar. Nothing sinister about her having my number , many of my friends do. I was told that the BBC wanted to make a programme on expat life in Issan and could she put them in touch with me . She also asked me if I thought Mr Ralph would be interested. I said I have no objection but couldn't answer for Ralph. She then asked me for his number to speak to him direct .She apparently tried to ring him but got no reply so rang me back to verify the number. I tried to ring him and also, no reply. A look at your missed calls will confirm this Ralph .Within an hour I got a call from a researcher at the BBC telling me a little about the project and asking if I knew of anyone else interested in co-operating with it .I replied, I am reluctant myself, so would hesitate to commit others, but promised to ask around . Which I did by my initial posting on UM . Yesterday she rang me back and asked if I had found anyone . I said no then she told me she wanted to get 5 or 6 persons to line up for the reporter, and said , so far only myself and a Mr Ralph had agreed to take part . I pointed out I had only agreed to see the reporter not participate, as there would be many reassurances I would need before doing so. Presumably a similar circumstance with you Ralph. I understand I will get a further call to confirm the date in about a week's time .So that's it folks . No mystery, no intrigue, sorry !!!
I will add a personal note here .After reading about the hassles some are experiencing with immigration requirements etc. Why not see the reporter? Its an ideal opportunity to tell the world. Yes I do have a seemingly ideal life here, but at a price. That price is a gross intrusion on my privacy. It may get reported and will certainly have more impact than moaning on a forum .Just a thought . :lol:

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » January 16, 2010, 5:45 am

Trubrit wrote:I even got 9 mentions either by name or implication and I'm not even a member.
Shows you how popular and highly thought of you are..... :badteeth:

And if there is a broadcast date being set do let us all know,I would like to tune in.

The Farmer
udonmap.com

Post by The Farmer » January 16, 2010, 8:56 am

It's a shame,that I am not britisch.
I really would like to go there :D

udonuk1
udonmap.com

Post by udonuk1 » February 13, 2010, 3:02 pm

BBC are mainly looking for laughs and entertainment, problems and characters. Opportunity to be a star for all us farang expats

Return to “Notice Board”