ACS Outreach

Monthly meetings, organizations, important dates to remember etc.
RLTrader
udonmap.com

Re: US Consular Outreach Schedule

Post by RLTrader » February 23, 2019, 2:03 pm

When I went in Nov asked if this was the end of this service.
Seems obvious that the Rep was ill informed when he said that "they would continue for we do other things beside "Income Letters". :lol: :^o

Schedule for 2019
N/A

https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-se ... -outreach/

parrot
udonmap.com

Re: ACS Outreach

Post by parrot » February 23, 2019, 3:08 pm

The income letter was probably 50% of their workload on visits. Another 40 or so percent doing passport applications. No more income letters.....and it's now possible to do the passport renewals on line.

The handwriting was on the wall that ACS visits were going to end.

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » February 23, 2019, 3:50 pm

parrot wrote:
February 23, 2019, 3:08 pm
The income letter was probably 50% of their workload on visits. Another 40 or so percent doing passport applications. No more income letters.....and it's now possible to do the passport renewals on line.

Would bet that the Income letter was at least 80+%. Been to many in past 12 years (once a year) and everyone there that I talked with were there for same reason, a Income Letter. A Passport is good for 10 years, so what I am saying makes a lot more sense, and that's why the visits have ended. Not rocky science.

Also I think you mean passport renewal done by mail, which people have been doing for pass 3 or 4 years, if not longer.

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » February 23, 2019, 3:55 pm

RLTrader wrote:
February 23, 2019, 3:50 pm
parrot wrote:

Would bet that the Income letter was at least 80+%. Been to many in past 12 years (once a year) and everyone there that I talked with were there for same reason, a Income Letter. A Passport is good for 10 years, so what I am saying makes a lot more sense, and that's why the visits have ended. Not rocket science.

Also I think you mean passport renewal done by mail, which people have been doing for pass 3 or 4 years, if not longer.

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » February 23, 2019, 3:57 pm

parrot wrote:

Would bet that the Income letter was at least 80+%. Been to many in past 12 years (once a year) and everyone there that I talked with were there for same reason, a Income Letter. A Passport is good for 10 years, so what I am saying makes a lot more sense, and that's why the visits have ended. Not rocket science.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » February 24, 2019, 12:10 am

the schedule is N/A because as the site says: Specific times and locations are released 10-14 days prior to each Outreach event through the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP).
Dave

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » February 24, 2019, 10:11 am

FrazeeDK wrote:
February 24, 2019, 12:10 am
the schedule is N/A because as the site says: Specific times and locations are released 10-14 days prior to each Outreach event through the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP).
:D
Its also for 2018 :lol:

but they have always posted way before 14 days what city, hell, think in 2017 they posted everything for the whole year at the 1st of dam year. But whatever, its over.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » May 16, 2019, 1:05 pm

The U.S Embassy Bangkok and Consulate General Chiang Mai will no longer provide scheduled Consular Outreach Services .

docta
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by docta » May 16, 2019, 7:38 pm

Thanks very much for the heads-up, Mak.
Much appreciated!!

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » September 19, 2023, 10:09 am

The Consular Section of the U.S. Embassy in Bangkok is coming to Khon Kaen for TWO exciting events:

1) Town Hall with U.S. Ambassador Godec: Thursday, September 28, 11-12:30pm

The U.S. Embassy Bangkok invites U.S. citizens in Khon Kaen and nearby districts to attend a townhall meeting with Ambassador Robert F. Godec, on September 28th, 2023, from 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Topics will include Mission Thailand priorities and frequently asked questions about consular services. Consul General Kathryn Flachsbart will also be present to give remarks and respond to questions. Attendance is through registration only.

Date: Thursday, September 28
Time: 11:00AM to 12:30PM
Venue: Conference Room Ratchaphreuk 4-5-6, 1st Floor, Avani Khon Kaen Hotel & Convention Centre, 999 Moo 4, Thanon Prachasamoson, Khon Kaen. Telephone: +66 43 209 888

2) Provision of Consular Services: Wednesday, September 27, 9-11am

The American Citizen Services section will be providing consular services in the lobby of the Avani Hotel from 9-11am on September 27, 2023. Please note, these services are limited to passport renewals (DS-82), passports for minors (DS-11) and notary services. To sign up for services, please register here. Applications will be allocated in the order in which they are received. NOTE: To qualify for services you MUST pay via bank draft and MUST bring all necessary documents on the day.

Date: Wednesday, September 27
Time: 9:00AM to 11:00PM
Venue: Lobby of the Avani Khon Kaen Hotel & Convention Centre, 999 Moo 4, Thanon Prachasamoson, Khon Kaen. Telephone: +66 43 209 888 Email: [email protected]

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » September 19, 2023, 10:55 am

registration link: https://forms.office.com/pages/response ... pNTzlLSi4u

evidently they don't want walk-ins nor folks that can't navigate the internet....
Dave

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » September 19, 2023, 12:05 pm

Nice.

If anyone is attending, pls see / ask about restarting semi-annual or even annual ACS Outreach visits to Khon Kean or Udon Thani.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » September 19, 2023, 5:42 pm

I am registered to go.. I intend to ask a number of questions:

- Why Khon Khaen rather than Udon for the visit? I think, but am not positive that there are more expat Americans here.

- Will the embassy restart ACS outreach visits semi-annually? If no, why not?

- How many American expats does the embassy estimate are here in the Kingdom? You submit an F-77 report annually with the embassy's best guess so what is it?

- Do you coordinate with Thai Immigration for exact numbers of American citizens in each Immigration district?

- What's going on with the Embassy Warden system? I used to know several wardens here in Udon but it seems they've gone quiet.

- The Embassy services, particularly ACS seem to be getting more and more internet run. Has ACS considered that there are a goodly number of dual-citizen elderly Thai widows who are unable to do these things along with some American expats?

If anyone is not going and has some additional questions throw them up into the string and I'll compile them and ask them..
Dave

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » September 19, 2023, 7:30 pm

There are many more expats in Udon than there are in Khon Kaen, and I would guess that includes citizens of the U.S.A.

Why Khon Kaen? Who knows? There are more things to see here than there are in Udon even though Udon seems like a more logical place to hold such a meeting.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » September 20, 2023, 9:19 am

FrazeeDK.

1. If not semi-annually, once a year ACS Outreach visit to Khon Kean or Udon would be nice.

2. US Embassy Laos accepts cash and credit cards. Why doesn't US Embassy Bangkok?

3. Embassy Annual Income Statements. Why can't the US Embassy work with Thai Immigration on accepting embassy statements again. Yes, embassy might have to deal with fake financial documents...but social security statement..tax forms or retired military ID can be easily verified/screened for forgeries and would most likely cover 80% of expats seeking a embassy income letter.

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » September 20, 2023, 9:19 am

FrazeeDK.

1. If not semi-annually, once a year ACS Outreach visit to Khon Kean or Udon would be nice.

2. US Embassy Laos accepts cash and credit cards. Why doesn't US Embassy Bangkok?

3. Embassy Annual Income Statements. Why can't the US Embassy work with Thai Immigration on accepting embassy statements again. Yes, embassy might have to deal with fake financial documents...but social security statement..tax forms or retired military ID can be easily verified/screened for forgeries and would most likely cover 80% of expats seeking a embassy income letter.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » September 20, 2023, 6:50 pm

why Khon Kean?? A buddy who knows the Ambo indicated the Ambo and retinue are heading over to MahaSarakham the next day. The purpose of the "tour" is to visit various Thai institutions.. The Expat Townhall appears to be a one off...

On the income letter. Don't forget it was nothing but the embassy notarizing an affadavit as a sworn statement from the American expat on their income. The embassy never asked for any supporting documents. In retrospect since other countries stopped issuing the letters at the same time it appeared to be a joint effort...
Dave

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Re: ACS Outreach Khon Kean 092823

Post by FrazeeDK » September 28, 2023, 4:22 pm

Ambassador and three consular officers met with about 25 Americans and engaged in briefinbgs on consular affairs and field numerous questions. A few of the answers:

- Consular says their "estimate" of expat Americans in Thailand is around 80,000.

- The new Consul General is looking at re-establishing regular ACS visits but it will be based on budget and staffing. She feels it is needed.

- The Ambassador and CG both siad the new Thai Tax law has too few details for them to comment on it. The CG touched briefly on the Tha-US Tax agreement when I spoke to her on the side. Again, not enough details to know how to counter any possible issues yet.

- Many questions were brought up about the perception of rather abrupt tourist visa refusals, particularly with Thai wives. The CG reviewed in depth Visa Law and the Consular policies on refusals. She stated that the great majoirty of Visitor Visas are approved without giving a refusal percentage. At the end of the presentation she might one on one with those still having questions or complaints. She stated forcefully that if anyone feels they have not been treated respectfully in the visa ajudication process she wants to be notified directly and immediately. [email protected] <[email protected]>

- they did bring up the Electonic Consular Report of Death (E-CROD) where Consular will notify US government entities like Social Security via e-mail of the death. They provide via e-mail the E-CROD to the survivor who can further provide a valid electronic copy of that document to whatever legal entity might require it in the States avoiding the need to snail mail it. https://travel.state.gov/content/travel ... broad.html

- I asked the CG about how Consular would provide adequate support to those US citizens who are not computer savvy since Consular as mandated by Washington is moving nearly all services on-line.. She noted she is fully aware of the problem and says that work arounds will be made.

- The old Embassy Wardens are now rebranded Civilian Liaison Volunteers. When I asked how we could possibly know down in the Provinces who are Liaisons are, she stated that Privacy Act considerations mean ACS cannot publish a list but you can contact ACS Bangkok via phone at 02-205-4000 and ask for ACS. ACS will notify the Liaison in your area you need assistance. Yeah, a convoluted work around....

- Income Verification Affadavits: No, not going to ever happen again. The previously notarized affadavits were merely the Consular Notary having the affiant swear the information was true without any way to verify it. As she illustrated, she wouldn't notarize an affadavit where someone says they're an individual of Spain just because they swear it...
Dave

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » September 28, 2023, 8:44 pm

=D> Thanks FrazeeDK. I appreciate your summary of the meeting.
UFF DA!

Udon Map
Admin

Re: ACS Outreach Khon Kean 092823

Post by Udon Map » September 29, 2023, 9:30 am

FrazeeDK wrote:
September 28, 2023, 4:22 pm
- Income Verification Affadavits: No, not going to ever happen again. The previously notarized affadavits were merely the Consular Notary having the affiant swear the information was true without any way to verify it. As she illustrated, she wouldn't notarize an affadavit where someone says they're an individual of Spain just because they swear it...
There is a common misconception about notarization.

Notarization of a document does not mean that the document is true, accurate, or anything similar. Notarization simply means that the person whose signature is being notarized has been positively identified by the notary, typically by means of a government issued photo ID like a passport or driver's license.

In this case ("she wouldn't notarize an affadavit where someone says they're an individual of Spain just because they swear it") -- No reason for her not to notarize it as long as she makes certain that the person signing it is who s/he says s/he is. It doesn't matter what the document says, only that the person signing it has been positively identified.

Return to “Notice Board”