ACS Outreach

Monthly meetings, organizations, important dates to remember etc.
mak
udonmap.com

Re: ACS Outreach

Post by mak » March 13, 2017, 8:23 am

I believe the overseas applications have precedence over the domestic applications.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » March 13, 2017, 8:49 am

Stantheman wrote:A quick note about the passport return time, do not rely on the about 3 week time frame as here in U.S. daughter was told up to 5 weeks as they expect a large amount of renewal requests this year and next year. This is due to 10 year anniversary of U.S. requirement to have passport/passport card to travel to Mexico and Canada.
It's actually less than 3 weeks here in Thailand. I had mine returned to me in less than 10 days.

Easiest and best thing to do is to make a copy of your passport photo page and the most recent visa stamp before you send it in. If you are stopped and questioned and authorities want more than copies, Thai Immigration can easily find out if your new passport is being processed by contacting the Embassy in BKK. They communicate rather well.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » March 23, 2017, 5:04 pm

I though Vientene is a lot closer so I thought I would give them a try nope:

Notary service
(3)

Ray Fisher i need a financial document confirming my income I live in Udon. Dan I get the documents there/ Ray
Today at 9:51 AM

Vientiane, CONSLAO <[email protected]>
To
Ray Fisher Vientiane, CONSLAO
Today at 1:14 PM
Dear Ray,

The Thai government requires all U.S. citizens with Thai retirement visas to verify their income when they renew their retirement visa annually. Staring from July 2014, the U.S. Embassy in Vientiane unfortunately cannot assist you in obtaining this Income affidavit, as the Thai government will not accept them. Please contact the U.S. Embassy in Bangkok or  the U.S. Consulate in Chiang Mai to have your forms notarized.

·         U.S. Embassy Bangkok

95 Wireless Road
Bangkok 10330, Thailand
Tel: +66-2-205-4000

·         U.S. Consulate in Chiang Mai
387 Witchayanond Road
Chiang Mai 50300, Thailand
Phone: +66-53-107-700
Fax: +66-53-252-633

Best,
Consular Section
U.S. Embassy Vientiane
Official - Transitory 
UNCLASSIFIED

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » July 13, 2017, 2:59 pm

The Consular Section of the U.S. Embassy in Bangkok is pleased to provide services in Udon Thani

Date: Friday, July 21, 2017
Time: 8:00AM to 11:00AM
Venue: Centara Hotel & Convention Centre Udon Thani
Address: 277/1 Prajaksillapakhom Road, Amphur Muang, Udon Thani 41000, Thailand
Hotel phone: +66 (0) 4234 3555
E-mail: [email protected]

Services will be provided on a first-come, first-served basis; no appointment is necessary.

All payments at U.S. Embassy Outreach Events must be made in the form of a BANK DRAFT.

SERVICES OFFERED AND OFFICIAL EXCHANGE RATES ON JULY 14, 2017
3,850 THB – Renewal of adult passports
3,675 THB – Renewal of minor (under age 16) passports
4,725 THB – Replacement of adult lost/stolen passports
3,675 THB – Replacement of minor (under age 16) lost/stolen passports
1,050 THB – Adult passport card
525 THB – Minor passport card
1,750 THB (per notary stamp) – Notary – including income affidavits

Above fees are based on an exchange rate of 35 THB to 1 USD

PLEASE NOTE: You must bring copies of your passport bio data page and supplementary documents requested with the application per the online instructions. These copies will not be returned to you.

IMPORTANT: For applications on behalf of minors, the child and both parents must appear in person.

PAYMENT METHOD
Please be advised the U.S. embassy will not accept cash (U.S. Dollars and Thai Baht) at outreach events for American Citizen Services. This is a worldwide policy, and no exceptions can be considered, please see the No Cash Announcement.

All Bank Drafts must be:

Purchased in advance from Bangkok Bank, Kasikorn Bank, or Siam Commercial Bank(SCB).
You do not need an account at the bank to purchase a bank draft.
Kasikorn Bank calls a “bank draft” a “Bill of Exchange.”
Made out to “American Embassy Bangkok”
In the exact amount of Thai Baht (THB) for your total service.
At the official embassy exchange rate at the time of the outreach.
Submitted at the time of service.
Cashiers’ checks, personal checks, cash, credit or any other form of payment will not be accepted.

Bank Draft requirement only applies to Consular Outreach Events.

You can show this to the bank:
ลูกค้าท่านนี้ต้องการซื้อแบงค์ดร๊าฟ(สกุลเงินบาทเท่านั้น)
ตามจำนวนเงินที่ระบุด้านหลังสั่งจ่ายถึง
“American Embassy Bangkok”
รบกวนช่วยอำนวยความสะดวกให้ด้วยค่ะ

RETURN OF PASSPORT

There are two ways to receive your new passport:
1.) IN PERSON: Come to our office in Bangkok (or send a representative with a signed letter to pick up your passport on your behalf) during our appointment hours (M-F from 7:30-11 AM, except holidays and the last Friday of every month), but no appointment is necessary. Present your old passport for cancellation and collect your new passport. If you select this option, please submit a copy of your current passport when you apply.

2.) BY MAIL: Purchase a prepaid Thai Post envelope at the outreach for 100 THB (SEPARATE BANK DRAFT IS REQUIRED). Do not include the cost of the envelope in your total bank draft for services.
If you select this option, our staff will RETAIN your current passport in Bangkok, cancel it when the new passport arrives, and mail both passports to you at the same time.

NEARBY PARTICIPATING BANKS

Bangkok Bank
154 Prachak Rd, Markkaeng,
Muang, Udon Thani 41000
Tel: 042-221-505 or 042-221-556

Bangkok Bank
227 Pho Sri Rd, Markkaeng,
Muang, Udon Thani 41000
Tel: 042-221-777 or 042-221-222

Siam Commercial Bank (SCB)
184 Prachak Rd, Markkaeng,
Muang, Udon Thani 41000
Tel: 042-247-720 or 042-247-725

You may use any branch of the three participating banks. The above branches are suggested since they are near the venue.

SPECIAL NOTES
SOCIAL SECURITY, VETERANS AFFAIRS, AND OTHER FEDERAL BENEFITS QUESTIONS WILL ONLY BE ANSWERED OVER EMAIL [email protected]. CONSULAR REPORTS OF BIRTH ABROAD CANNOT BE PROCESSED AT CONSULAR OUTREACH EVENTS.

For other outreach dates and locations please see http://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-ser ... -outreach/

For information on US Citizen Services please see http://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/

Send questions about total costs to [email protected] or call 02-205-4049.

Follow us on Twitter by searching our username @ACSBKK

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » July 13, 2017, 3:00 pm

Notice the time change......8-11 as opposed to 8-12!!

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » July 19, 2017, 5:46 pm

0800 Friday. Wardens please attend.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » July 21, 2017, 1:35 pm

Another successful Outreach session. 137 people were served. A big thank you to ACS and the three staff members who made the trip to Udon. They started at 0730 and finished at 1130.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » July 21, 2017, 2:23 pm

Despite there being 130+ people during the 4 hours of service, my wait time (I arrived at 9:50) was less than 35 minutes. Assembly-line service...with a smile. What a deal!

I missed the two posts back in March 2017 (Gar and mak) about the American Embassy now accepting passport renewals by mail. That's one less reason to every have to go to Bangkok! Thank you!
details at https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-se ... ult-renew/
I noticed a few people at today's gathering who either got bank drafts from the wrong bank or didn't have the right amount. The instructions in the ACS email and on the ACS webpage detail exact charges and even give instructions in Thai that you can hand to the teller.
Thanks, ACS!

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » July 22, 2017, 9:13 am

I was talking with one of the wardens about the "off-schedule" visit by ACS since they normally come in spring and fall. He told me that the Embassy had decided that for budgetary reasons to conduct only one ACS visit per year to the various cities throughout Thailand.. I find this a bit disturbing since I imagine the Consular fees by the 137 Americans during this visit far exceeded the costs of sending three people to Udon.. Consular operations world-wide are self-funding making billions for the U.S. State Department as well as contributing a large amount of money to the Treasury. What makes if a bit confounding to me is that the number one stated mission of the Department of State overseas is to provide assistance to American Citizens..
Dave

Charlieb
udonmap.com

Post by Charlieb » July 22, 2017, 10:02 am

Perhaps a letter to your Senator or Congressman?

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » July 22, 2017, 4:29 pm

FrazeeDK wrote:
July 22, 2017, 9:13 am
I was talking with one of the wardens about the "off-schedule" visit by ACS since they normally come in spring and fall. He told me that the Embassy had decided that for budgetary reasons to conduct only one ACS visit per year to the various cities throughout Thailand.. I find this a bit disturbing since I imagine the Consular fees by the 137 Americans during this visit far exceeded the costs of sending three people to Udon.. Consular operations world-wide are self-funding making billions for the U.S. State Department as well as contributing a large amount of money to the Treasury. What makes if a bit confounding to me is that the number one stated mission of the Department of State overseas is to provide assistance to American Citizens..
Good excuse for another 3-4 day vaca in Chiang Mai. :D :D :D
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » July 22, 2017, 6:26 pm

Thanks also to the Udon wardens who help out the ACS staff!

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » July 23, 2017, 8:50 am

the wardens are a labor saver for the three consular workers.. Without the wardens they'd need a couple of more embassy staffers to organize the event..
Dave

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » October 18, 2017, 1:22 pm

Next Khon Kaen Outreach Wednesday November 8.

ladda3904
udonmap.com

Post by ladda3904 » October 18, 2017, 2:42 pm

They have scheduled Udon in March of 2018

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » October 29, 2017, 12:58 pm

Khon Kaen Outreach 0800 Wednesday Nov. 8 Pullman Hotel.

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » October 29, 2017, 2:36 pm

PATTAYA: Wednesday, November 1, 2017
KHON KAEN: Wednesday, November 8, 2017

neither have been updated with info as of yet and its 10/29
and Nov 1 is in 3 days. Was planning on the KK 11/8

https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-se ... -outreach/

tutone
udonmap.com

Post by tutone » October 29, 2017, 5:26 pm

FrazeeDK wrote:
July 22, 2017, 9:13 am
The latest schedule shows 2 visits to Udon in 2018.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » October 29, 2017, 6:05 pm

As I understand it.....the fees have nothing to do with outreach visits. Whether you go to ACS in Bangkok yourself or ACS comes here, you pay the same. It's a bennie......big time bennie for ACS to visit here and save 100++ people going to Bangkok. I'm trying to think of another embassy that sends its people to Udon......let's see..............................................

And as I understand it, this isn't a US issue.........most all the embassies that I'm aware of charge their citizens for passports, income affidavits, etc.

Nothing to be disturbed about. I consider myself extremely fortunate!

fdimike
udonmap.com

Post by fdimike » October 29, 2017, 6:15 pm

Does anyone know whether or not the ACS Outreach team has mailing envelopes available to return a renewed passport?
An ex-pat in the Land of Smile

Return to “Notice Board”