Grab Food

Discussions on local & International restaurants and food suppliers.
Charlieb
udonmap.com

Grab Food

Post by Charlieb » September 29, 2020, 1:13 pm

I note on the Grab Food app that all of the restaurant menu items are in Thai so I have no idea what to order unless I have an interpreter sitting next to me.
Is there a solution?

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Re: Grab Food

Post by stattointhailand » September 29, 2020, 1:39 pm

Yep ..... get a grab menu from an English speaking country ........ sorry couldn't resist

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » September 29, 2020, 1:42 pm

Try Panda Food they also deliver

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » September 29, 2020, 2:24 pm

Charlieb wrote:
September 29, 2020, 1:13 pm
I note on the Grab Food app that all of the restaurant menu items are in Thai so I have no idea what to order unless I have an interpreter sitting next to me.
Is there a solution?

Charlieb, you should be able to change your settings to translate to English. If you still can't figure out the Thai dishes without an interpreter next to you, then you'll have to order from the Western fast food outlets like KFC.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

minimiglia
udonmap.com

Post by minimiglia » September 30, 2020, 8:29 am

just use panda

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » September 30, 2020, 9:10 am

I’ve got the same ploblem with Grab. All the app settings are in English which is okay but quite a few restaurants seem to only publish menus in Thai which isn’t translated.
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

tutone
udonmap.com

Post by tutone » September 30, 2020, 9:27 am

Grab motorbike drivers are a menace. I would never use Grab. Every food order on the road with those guys is just another opportunity for someone to be killed or maimed. Everyday traffic is bad enough, but those guys take it to another level with their excess speed, daredevil maneuvers, and disregard for other drivers.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 30, 2020, 9:34 am

tutone wrote:
September 30, 2020, 9:27 am
Grab motorbike drivers are a menace. I would never use Grab. Every food order on the road with those guys is just another opportunity for someone to be killed or maimed. Everyday traffic is bad enough, but those guys take it to another level with their excess speed, daredevil maneuvers, and disregard for other drivers.
lazada delivery drivers are a menace. I would never use lazada. Every pickup load of orders on the road with those guys is just another opportunity for someone to be killed or maimed. Everyday traffic is bad enough, but those guys take it to another level with their excess speed, daredevil maneuvers, and disregard for other drivers.

Minivan drivers are a menace. I would never use minivans. Every minivan on the road with those guys is just another opportunity for someone to be killed or maimed. Everyday traffic is bad enough, but those guys take it to another level with their excess speed, daredevil maneuvers, and disregard for other drivers.

Any more?

minimiglia
udonmap.com

Post by minimiglia » September 30, 2020, 9:48 am

yawn bunch of bof's

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » September 30, 2020, 11:45 am

Niggly wrote:
September 30, 2020, 9:10 am
I’ve got the same ploblem with Grab. All the app settings are in English which is okay but quite a few restaurants seem to only publish menus in Thai which isn’t translated.
Funny had the same issue in the UK , everything was in English , couldn't find it in Thai :lol: :lol: :lol: even calling in an order the seemed confused when I ordered sopalot or moo dang on my pizza :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » September 30, 2020, 12:45 pm

papafarang wrote:
September 30, 2020, 11:45 am

Funny had the same issue in the UK , everything was in English , couldn't find it in Thai :lol: :lol: :lol: even calling in an order the seemed confused when I ordered sopalot or moo dang on my pizza :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yeah, muthafcukas :censored:

How am I supposed to be contributing to the economy?

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » September 30, 2020, 1:16 pm

Niggly wrote:
September 30, 2020, 12:45 pm
papafarang wrote:

That's your wife's job ,she takes your cash and spends it fairly around the locals ,leaving you more time for butt crack rest
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » September 30, 2020, 1:31 pm

Niggly wrote:
papafarang wrote:

I hear they have Western Union in Yorkshire now ..... luv u longtime tilak

Charlieb
udonmap.com

Post by Charlieb » September 30, 2020, 1:44 pm

Dean
Why don’t you do Grab? I assume you would have an English menu
:-)

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 30, 2020, 2:31 pm

Niggly wrote:
papafarang wrote:

Sign up for one of the local Thai language classes and kill two birds with one stone.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » September 30, 2020, 3:27 pm

Sod all that fuss. You never heard of the Empress of India having to learn Hindi when she wanted to order herself a chicken vindaloo for supper.
The natives should do more to ingratiate the western immigrants & they can start with putting menus in English on Grab. That’d save me shouting down the phone because everyone knows, shout loud enough & Johnny Foreigner will understand.

& while we’re at it, they can stop putting an “r” in Udon when making signs using the Latin Alphabet. It’s just a waste of ink.

^^ that reminds me, I used to date a couple of anorexics, that was two birds, one stone

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » September 30, 2020, 4:27 pm

I thought it was a scene from the film "The Life of tam"

Ibrox Glasgow ........... Saturday .......... early evening .........AD 1989 ...... let the stoning begin

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » September 30, 2020, 6:21 pm

Niggly wrote:
September 30, 2020, 3:27 pm
Sod all that fuss. You never heard of the Empress of India having to learn Hindi when she wanted to order herself a chicken vindaloo for supper.
The natives should do more to ingratiate the western immigrants & they can start with putting menus in English on Grab. That’d save me shouting down the phone because everyone knows, shout loud enough & Johnny Foreigner will understand.

& while we’re at it, they can stop putting an “r” in Udon when making signs using the Latin Alphabet. It’s just a waste of ink.

^^ that reminds me, I used to date a couple of anorexics, that was two birds, one stone
Have you tried the Chinese menu, apparently more Chinese and Indians come here . my Urdu and Mandarin really are crap so I stick to speaking Thai. My problem is my Thai is crap too .so the last time I ordered moo dang I got a strawberry milkshake with sticky rice .
.the last time I wanted my oil change done I ended up with 4 new tyres, new windscreen wipers and a battery. And the car still was crap at stopping .

Two guys first time in bangkok . they go into a brothel and look in awe of what's around . one guy says to the other ' what do you fancy ?'
The other guy says ' I don't know, I feel like a kid in a sweet shop'
The other guy says ' no that's not available '.
I'm abosulely crap at Thai. But please learn .. ' nung quart Leo khap' ..' Kaow pad Thai khap ' and ' hong nam khap' . you'll be fine

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » September 30, 2020, 6:34 pm

I could do with a strawberry milkshake with extra ice cream right now I SAID STRAWBERRY MILKSHAKE

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » September 30, 2020, 7:50 pm

papafarang wrote:
September 30, 2020, 6:21 pm
Niggly wrote:
September 30, 2020, 3:27 pm

Have you tried the Chinese menu, apparently more Chinese and Indians come here . my Urdu and Mandarin really are crap so I stick to speaking Thai. My problem is my Thai is crap too .so the last time I ordered moo dang I got a strawberry milkshake with sticky rice .
.the last time I wanted my oil change done I ended up with 4 new tyres, new windscreen wipers and a battery. And the car still was crap at stopping .

Two guys first time in bangkok . they go into a brothel and look in awe of what's around . one guy says to the other ' what do you fancy ?'
The other guy says ' I don't know, I feel like a kid in a sweet shop'
The other guy says ' no that's not available '.
I'm abosulely crap at Thai. But please learn .. ' nung quart Leo khap' ..' Kaow pad Thai khap ' and ' hong nam khap' . you'll be fine
Kapkhun Khun Dean,khawdjaj leau.

Return to “Udon Thani Restaurants”