Great Breakfast

Discussions on local & International restaurants and food suppliers.
DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Re: Great Breakfast

Post by DuiDui49 » October 11, 2020, 9:43 am

Khun Paul wrote:
October 11, 2020, 7:28 am
TAXIfor7/11 wrote:
October 10, 2020, 10:29 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:
October 10, 2020, 10:06 pm
Thanks Taxi .. im feeling much better after reading that ... im not an obese fat twot after all but still gonna get the kgs off asap.

btw .. Tarmac"s Rake .. classic :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

DM
john your either big boned for your frame or you should be 7 foot 6,same same me ;)
Absolutely correct the Stats used to determine BMI or anything else are assuming we are all the same size in Bone structure . I am Big Boned and had difficulty when younger to find trousers that went over my thighs ( if you remember 55 years ago trousers were thinner) . Big bones are advantageous but for the man about town being smart and wanting to be attractive to the other sex, being big boned has its disadvantages.
I was 79.5 kilos at 18 fighting fit in the Army, no fat, so 52 years later being only 107 kilos , is Obese on the charts, BMI high ( not sure what ) but I know I will never get down to the 85 kilo they say I should be .
God morning Khun Paul !

When i was boxing home in Sweden i weighin at 75kilo,had to shed 2 kilo in the Sanuna first..Did alot of running and alot of parting too;-)As i started my working career at 16 years of age as a lumberjack,i quickly had not only to learn the trade,but also make food...When the gymwawe come a stopped boxing and started lifing some weights..during 15 years of weights and PROPER food..i went from 77kilo to 102 with a bodyfat of around 12%,so pretty lean.
After an accident i had to have a back sugery done,alot of rehab...in one year i went from 102--down to around 85--88 kilo..Another 25 year has gone and no weights,only desent food,have my cheatdays too which might include a Chang or better Dark Lao,Ginger cokkies,brownies.Doritos 29 bath pack..My thinking is that the better i eat the cheatdays doesn't matter to much.
After my bicycle accident Nov last year were i lost 6-7 liter of blood,broken 6 ribs and a collapsed lung S1 disc broken...i lost more weight..now i'm a walking skinny lean machine;-)hardly hit 75..186 tall whith a thin bonestruckture..i could use some moore kilos,like around 85 would be good.On the other hand i'm 62 with a 4pack;-)tummy..so i'm not shy to go whitout T-shirt..if you know what i mean.
Eating good,1 early checkup,bloodworks done everything is G O O D..so i'm okey only want 10 kilo of more meat on my skinny body ;-)

So with proper food,a plan you feel you can 110% stick whith is in my eyes number 1,like i said before change of friends(drinking friends ie.unhealthy friends)stay whith those who understand you and your goal.Mealplans,like in the vid links a posted before.Get a choach at one of many Gyms here,try and see if they could help you whith your goals..Still to this day i pesonally think that 6-days eating clean and no drinking,then you have 24 hours to eat and drink your heart out,is the way,ateast for me,to go.After a month or two those bincheating day doesn't "feel right"yopu end up eating less and less junk and the reason is that following this you will see dramatic changes in how you look and feel,belive me.

Have a great day sir...:-)

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » October 11, 2020, 10:49 am

DuiDui49 wrote:
October 11, 2020, 9:11 am
dunroaming wrote:
October 10, 2020, 7:34 pm
DM

You are welcome to borrow my 2 rottweilers for a brisk dog walk
Morning !

..guess you to lazy to do a proper doggiewalk yourself ;-)*sarcasm*...Just done mine 06.30 in this awsome weather...Have a great day..///Alfie...
No not lazy at all much too busy working making lots and lots of money, actually obscene amounts of lovely money will never need to beg for anything free or pay my bills as long as I live, therefore currently no time to take the dogs for a walk

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » October 11, 2020, 11:06 am

Iced lemon green tea is supposed to be a good fat burning drink to start the day. The proper home made stuff of course so you can limit the amount of sugar.
I also find it fills me up so I don’t gorge on as much first thing
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » October 11, 2020, 11:12 am

Niggly wrote:
October 11, 2020, 11:06 am
Iced lemon green tea is supposed to be a good fat burning drink to start the day. The proper home made stuff of course so you can limit the amount of sugar.
Morning Mr.Niggly !

At Macro they now have 100% pure Lemon water,think it's around 79-89 Bath a bottle..I take ruffly 2-3 tabelspoons whith 0.5L of BEFORE i eat anything..Suppose to help "clean"the kidneys..anyway it taste good an zero sugar..all good in my eyes.

Have a great day :-)

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 11, 2020, 11:24 am

Im getting used to this nil by mouth stuff :lol:

Just had a late brekkie early lunch due to Docs appointment.

A hot cappucino and a sugar free Apple smoothie from Daos new healthy drinks n speciality coffee stand located in the reception unit of the factory outlet at the Tap location 25 to 45 bt for a big size (shame less plug) .,

On the food side enjoyed rice soup with salmon and a hand full of bamboo shoots n vegs chucked in ... that will do me until 4/5 pm when its oats n fruit time .. i am strictly not eating anything after 5pm until breakfast., steak on a Wednesday and Saturdays are my planned day to have a proper feed n a few changs .. alas not next Saturday as a follow on appointment again same place as today so again nil by mouth ...sneak in a PFs sunday roast instead.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » October 11, 2020, 11:26 am

DuiDui49 wrote:
October 11, 2020, 11:12 am
Niggly wrote:
October 11, 2020, 11:06 am
Morning Mr.Niggly !

At Macro they now have 100% pure Lemon water,think it's around 79-89 Bath a bottle..I take ruffly 2-3 tabelspoons whith 0.5L of BEFORE i eat anything..Suppose to help "clean"the kidneys..anyway it taste good an zero sugar..all good in my eyes.

Have a great day :-)
Aah, think I’ve seen those but Mrs N claims they’re not pure. I’ll get some next time I’m there.

I squeeze real lemons, about 6 for my 750ml bottle, & use jasmine green tea bags. A little honey to take away the tartness & I’m good to go

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » October 11, 2020, 12:46 pm

I know which one your wife think it is,this one they have were the veggies are,topshelf..they just phoned me yesterday and told me that they just had moore Lemonwather in stock..And belive me when i say it's 100%Lemon ;-)

Last edited by DuiDui49 on October 11, 2020, 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » October 11, 2020, 12:50 pm

DuiDui49 wrote:
October 11, 2020, 12:46 pm
I know which one your wife think it is,this one they have were the veggies are,topshelf..they just phoned me yesterday and told me that they just had moore Lemonwather in stock..And belive me when i say it's 100%Lemon ;-)
Cheers, I’ll have a look next time I’m in, probably next week. It’ll save squeezing by hand

ajsp9
udonmap.com

Post by ajsp9 » October 11, 2020, 1:51 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
October 10, 2020, 3:24 pm
tamada wrote:
October 10, 2020, 8:59 am
If they schedule the body fluid and other internal sampling right, you should be able to have coffee and a croissant fairly early on in the procedure.

Otherwise starve you fat bastard.
Thanks as ever for your unwavering support Tam .. DM had enough fat reserves to get thru the fasting prior to the procedures which i have offered info on below ..

KP .. good tip about collecting samples at home alas too late as i left it until at the venue ..the water sample was easy peasy but the turd not so as the jar was quite small and i missed first time round.. it always makes me smile when they ask for a stool sample.

Niggly ..fried heggs are for lardy Northern twats , DM shall not be included in that criteria as im an health freak now.

Just back from the health check up .. rather pleasant few hours of pampering prodding poking and penetrations by some dam tasty nurses both male and female , the scores are in and i can confirm DM is MORE OR LESS an excellent humane specimen , all my internal bits n bobs and dangly things are fully functioning , samples came back and Doc reckons apart from 2 issues i am in his words of atheltic condition.

However the main reason i booked the health program was to confirm what i was suspecting

1. i am an over weight fat fooker and need to loose 20 kgs and a comprehensive change of diet is now in place and as commented by Alfie 6 days of strict dieting and healthy living allowing me ONE day per week to eat drink n be merry ..thats fine by me n will save me a few quid as well..

2. The ultra sound tests also confirmed the main reason of my sudden health conscious state of mind that being i have Gallstones .. so a recco of medicines followed by surgery if no change.

All in all an experience to enjoy rather than be wary of , lovely young lady on reception perfect English and even a Kateoy thrown in at the end to make it a full gender show ..

BTW .. 1 WEIGHED .. 116 KGS .. should be around 90 kgs so some serious kgs to loose and ive set 4 to 6 months to do it starting off with Patricks (SFG) 5pm oats idea.

DM ... soon to beanpoleesk

Just to give you some hope on the weight loss. Due to this Covid none sense and the enforced lockdown ( in the UK) on March 23rd, I proceeded on a weight loss, fitness,no booze and healthy eating programme. Roll on 3 months and I went from 124.kgs down to 104kgs, so it can be done.

I have maintained that weight for now but really ought to try and dip down to 95kg which is about 15stone in old money and about right for my athletic build. 🤣

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 11, 2020, 3:43 pm

Well done mate .. i wanna try to shed 25 kg in 4 to 6 months .. starting from yesterday when at the official weigh in i logged 115.8 kgs .. one problem i invisage people wont recognize me so just to clarify ..

IM THE SLIM HANDSOME GUY IN THE SCUNTHORPE UTD SHIRT !!!

DM

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » October 11, 2020, 4:11 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
October 11, 2020, 3:43 pm
Well done mate .. i wanna try to shed 25 kg in 4 to 6 months .. starting from yesterday when at the official weigh in i logged 115.8 kgs .. one problem i invisage people wont recognize me so just to clarify ..

DM
Who ate all the pies, who ate all the pies. :-" Good luck DM, I am going to do the same purgatory just as soon as Dun Roaming pisses back off to the Stans to earn squillions of dollars. Cannot afford new shorts/polo shirts every 2 months plus no Handsum man shouts anymore :shock: :oops: .

ajsp9
udonmap.com

Post by ajsp9 » October 11, 2020, 5:44 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
October 11, 2020, 3:43 pm

DM
Haha I’m sure you can do it. See you next July for a weigh off.

It’s nice to have a waistline that starts with a 3 rather than a 4 and ive been on a shopping spree, reliving my youth so head to toe in Lacoste, Ralph Lauren and bright white Nike trainers. I feel so healthy and confident and I didn’t realise how much it would mean to me. One benefit is the old chap appears to have grown an inch as well, that’s what Mrs P says anyway

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 13, 2020, 11:42 am

Question
Im sticking to the 6 day per week diet .. no problem , no fried foods , cakes and BEER ...basically
Oats
Cereals
Rice soup
Fish
Fruit
Veggies

Steak once per week ..and day 7 .. a beer n normal.grub

Obviouslt no chips n burgers etc .. but any suggestions for the healthiest topping for a baked jacket spud will he greatly apreciated ??

Dm.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » October 13, 2020, 1:25 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
October 13, 2020, 11:42 am
Question
Im sticking to the 6 day per week diet .. no problem , no fried foods , cakes and BEER ...basically
Oats
Cereals
Rice soup
Fish
Fruit
Veggies

Steak once per week ..and day 7 .. a beer n normal.grub

Obviouslt no chips n burgers etc .. but any suggestions for the healthiest topping for a baked jacket spud will he greatly apreciated ??

Dm.
https://www.goodtoknow.co.uk/food/recip ... ings-28635

My fav.is Cottage cheese with tiny bits of bacon..and plumtomates diced,mixe everything maybe ad your fav.herb to it too..Goodluck DM

rct
udonmap.com

Post by rct » October 13, 2020, 2:35 pm

DM I have the baked potato on the side, with just Dijon mustard or Horseradish!

The main dish being a salad of lettuce, carrots, celery, tomato, sliced leeks, 1/2 tin rinsed chick peas for protein, capers, some sliced green olives with pimento, and store bought Balsamic dressing which is probably not the healthiest but beats creamy sauces. Make it fancy with some sesame seeds sprinkled on top. Could mix it up with rinsed canned corn and or rinsed black beans too. The key point being 'WHOLE FOODS PLANT BASED" as often as possible, while using simple ingredients.

But tonite will be 7 layer burritos with the kids: rice, pinto beans, ground beef, cheese, salsa, sour cream, guacamole. Will be hard to limit myself to the plant based burrito with all this laid out. Btw Taco Bell is open in Bangkok but not the same menu as in the "broken promises land."

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » October 13, 2020, 2:45 pm

rct wrote:
October 13, 2020, 2:35 pm

The main dish being a salad of lettuce, carrots, celery, tomato, sliced leeks, 1/2 tin rinsed chick peas for protein, capers, some sliced green olives with pimento, and store bought Balsamic dressing which is probably not the healthiest but beats creamy sauces. Make it fancy with some sesame seeds sprinkled on top. Could mix it up with rinsed canned corn and or rinsed black beans too. The key point being 'WHOLE FOODS PLANT BASED" as often as possible, while using simple ingredients.

But tonite will be 7 layer burritos with the kids: rice, pinto beans, ground beef, cheese, salsa, sour cream, guacamole. Will be hard to limit myself to the plant based burrito with all this laid out. Btw Taco Bell is open in Bangkok but not the same menu as in the "broken promises land."

Jacket spud on the side with a salad ..good idea .. i got some smoked salmon trimmings perfect for the salad .
I love potatoes ..

Another question.. hardest thing trying to cut out is bread .. toast especially .. and a bread roll.with soup .. is bread bad when dieting ??

Dm

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » October 15, 2020, 7:45 am

God morning DM !

Here's some facts,nothing new but worth a read i think.

I would do a Thyroid test and and Male hormone test if i was you doing what you're doing,loosing alot of weight/fat.

Secondly:

Eat regularly throughout the day

2. Do not skip breakfast

3. Count calories

4. Keep a food diary

5. Weigh yourself at regular intervals

Exercise regularly

7. Eat less sugar

Google the hormone Leptin,read and get educated.Also check this,one of many Online PT:s out there..if feel neede of quality support.Here's this Online site:
https://absscience.com/coaching/

https://www.webmd.com/diet/healthtool-f ... ie-counter

Want some healthy snacks..
https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/29 ... TLE_HDR_21

Stay strong DM..if you do you know that you will win and feel so much better all in all..//Alfie
Last edited by DuiDui49 on October 15, 2020, 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » October 15, 2020, 8:22 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
October 13, 2020, 2:45 pm
rct wrote:
October 13, 2020, 2:35 pm

Jacket spud on the side with a salad ..good idea .. i got some smoked salmon trimmings perfect for the salad .
I love potatoes ..

Another question.. hardest thing trying to cut out is bread .. toast especially .. and a bread roll.with soup .. is bread bad when dieting ??

Dm
Rule of thumb I learned long ago which holds true for the most part....if it's white in color, don't eat it. Example: white rice, bread, white sugar, pasta and so on.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

Airportwo
udonmap.com

Post by Airportwo » October 15, 2020, 1:44 pm

^ if its white it anit right!

Diet and nutrition have moved on with "sports medicine" try Dr Berg on Youtube for Keto diet.
Skip breakfast - its an old wives tale that it is the most important meal, maybe if you are a farmer!
Eat in an 8 hour window, give your body time to burn fat, don't snack, your just making more insulin, which turns to fat!

Never counted a calorie in my life, I skip breakfast daily, dont keep track of what I eat, rarely weigh myself, why bother been the same for 40 years! - mind I'm a fat ba$tard!
Seriously, never had a weight issue, avoid sugars, which includes ALL Fructrose additives.
Good luck!

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » October 16, 2020, 9:05 am

A large bowl of diced cantaloupe & a cup of coffee, milk, no sugar

Return to “Udon Thani Restaurants”