Great Breakfast

Discussions on local & International restaurants and food suppliers.
Post Reply
mickojak
udonmap.com
Posts: 1299
Joined: June 3, 2012, 3:08 pm

Great Breakfast

Post by mickojak » September 12, 2020, 11:47 am

I rarely eat falang food but a friend took me to this cafe in Kut Chap today.

The below "American Breakfast" was huge.
190Bht which included a coffee.
Have a good range of choices.
Owner speaks good english

It's opposite the 7-11
Closed on Sundays.

Well worth the drive
mick
C1.jpg
C2.jpg



Doodoo
udonmap.com
Posts: 2786
Joined: October 15, 2017, 8:47 pm

Re: Great Breakfast

Post by Doodoo » September 12, 2020, 12:15 pm

A friend of mine and I have toured overmost of Udon this year looking for the best breakfast here in Udon
Number #1 for us is The country Grill For 99 Baht yes only 99Bhat you get Bacon, fried Tomatoes 2 eggs, sausage, fried potato and coffee

You just cant beat it

User avatar
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com
Posts: 5332
Joined: October 14, 2013, 4:39 pm

Re: Great Breakfast

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 12, 2020, 12:33 pm

Ive recently had the full English breakfast options at Brick House , Tbar and Gallery .. in fact just left the latter now after a loverly lunch ...bangers n mash n bread n butter pudding .. difficult to choose the best brekkie of the 3 mentioned above all roughly same price and all were excellent.

Another choice is the Le Blanc on the ring road .. excellent coffee and the BLT is superb at 95 bt

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

dunroaming
udonmap.com
Posts: 1398
Joined: July 14, 2009, 1:34 pm

Re: Great Breakfast

Post by dunroaming » September 12, 2020, 12:43 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
September 12, 2020, 12:33 pm
Ive recently had the full English breakfast options at Brick House , Tbar and Gallery .. in fact just left the latter now after a loverly lunch ...bangers n mash n bread n butter pudding .. difficult to choose the best brekkie of the 3 mentioned above all roughly same price and all were excellent.

Another choice is the Le Blanc on the ring road .. excellent coffee and the BLT is superb at 95 bt

DM
And bangers and mash on special this week at 190 baht at the Gallery

the-monk
udonmap.com
Posts: 763
Joined: August 20, 2012, 4:56 am

Re: Great Breakfast

Post by the-monk » September 12, 2020, 1:36 pm

At home after a 15-20 minute walk.
Incredible choices of Thai, Western dishes, just check your fridge, your pantry.
Freshly brewed coffee, free second, third cup.
Free to mix and match. no set menu.
Local fruit selection, (not a single fruit mentioned in above brk )
Cook perfectly to your tastes and preferences by someone who knows.
Be outdoor or indoor, up to you.Etc.
Home sweet home.

dunroaming
udonmap.com
Posts: 1398
Joined: July 14, 2009, 1:34 pm

Re: Great Breakfast

Post by dunroaming » September 12, 2020, 2:07 pm

the-monk wrote:
September 12, 2020, 1:36 pm
At home after a 15-20 minute walk.
Incredible choices of Thai, Western dishes, just check your fridge, your pantry.
Freshly brewed coffee, free second, third cup.
Free to mix and match. no set menu.
Local fruit selection, (not a single fruit mentioned in above brk )
Cook perfectly to your tastes and preferences by someone who knows.
Be outdoor or indoor, up to you.Etc.
Home sweet home.
That's fine if you actually have a kitchen 😂 ours is being replaced so for 2 more weeks not a realistic option, BBQ can only have so many

User avatar
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com
Posts: 5332
Joined: October 14, 2013, 4:39 pm

Re: Great Breakfast

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 12, 2020, 4:41 pm

the-monk wrote:
September 12, 2020, 1:36 pm
At home after a 15-20 minute walk.
Incredible choices of Thai, Western dishes, just check your fridge, your pantry.
Freshly brewed coffee, free second, third cup.
Free to mix and match. no set menu.
Local fruit selection, (not a single fruit mentioned in above brk )
Cook perfectly to your tastes and preferences by someone who knows.
Be outdoor or indoor, up to you.Etc.
Home sweet home.
EACH TO THEIR OWN ..as my old gran used to say..

Personally
I intensely dislike shopping for food products and could easily kill people in the Makro trolley dash ..
I dislike cooking and really bad at it even my boiled heggs come out all wrong ,
I hate washing up it leaves my dainty hands all chapped ....
Henceforth DM chooses to frequent the many excellent choices of restaurants in Thailand especially Udon has to offer thus eliminating all of the above.. further more theres always something i fancy on a menu and i choose wear and who to to sit with as well.

ref fruits .. DM partial to favourites like Lam yai , Rambuttan , Guay , Kanoon , Angoon , Appern , Pineappern , Somo to name just a few but throughout the day not only at breakfast time.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

User avatar
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com
Posts: 5332
Joined: October 14, 2013, 4:39 pm

Re: Great Breakfast

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 12, 2020, 4:50 pm

NOT FORGETTING

DM does own a microwave .. very much one of the PING culture ..and buy my ready meals n pies from Local Udon vendors thus supporting the community .. nearest thing i get to cooking is adding Bist granules to boiling water ..im great at that .

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

User avatar
DRILLER
udonmap.com
Posts: 217
Joined: July 17, 2009, 2:41 pm
Location: nutstoguts

Re: Great Breakfast

Post by DRILLER » September 12, 2020, 8:01 pm

@dm

Yes you are bad at it.

Tried a cornish pastie at your near soi2 joint.

Never ate anything by you again.
temptation is a ****

User avatar
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com
Posts: 5332
Joined: October 14, 2013, 4:39 pm

Re: Great Breakfast

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 12, 2020, 10:08 pm

DRILLER wrote:
September 12, 2020, 8:01 pm
@dm

Yes you are bad at it.

Tried a cornish pastie at your near soi2 joint.

Never ate anything by you again.
5555 driller ..u been away too long ..

I never never did the cooking at chern chim on adunyadhet or nong sim.locations ..for the precise reasons you mention .

Please call by the chern chim.nong sim.shop.for a replacement pastie ....

Great to see you posting again after the food poisoning trauma

Dm
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

User avatar
Stantheman
udonmap.com
Posts: 1210
Joined: February 9, 2009, 3:33 am
Location: USA (For Now)

Re: Great Breakfast

Post by Stantheman » September 13, 2020, 3:37 am

Just an FYI, they may call it an American Breakfast but it's not. We don't do little sausages like those and definitely not tomato with lettuce. Looks more like the breakfast I had when vacationing in Ireland last fall.

thecroc4
udonmap.com
Posts: 135
Joined: August 30, 2013, 5:04 pm

Re: Great Breakfast

Post by thecroc4 » September 13, 2020, 3:57 am

Thats definitely not an Irish breakfast stantheman. Dunno what Irish restaurant served you up a brekkie like that. Theres nothing healthy in an Irish breakfast :D

User avatar
Stantheman
udonmap.com
Posts: 1210
Joined: February 9, 2009, 3:33 am
Location: USA (For Now)

Re: Great Breakfast

Post by Stantheman » September 13, 2020, 6:42 am

thecroc4 wrote:
September 13, 2020, 3:57 am
Thats definitely not an Irish breakfast stantheman. Dunno what Irish restaurant served you up a brekkie like that. Theres nothing healthy in an Irish breakfast :D
It was at a Hotel, but maybe Northern Ireland, not Ireland. A breakfast buffet with everything except the lettuce.

User avatar
vincemunday
udonmap.com
Posts: 3531
Joined: December 11, 2014, 11:36 pm
Location: Udon Thani ex North Stifford and Ramsgate
Contact:

Re: Great Breakfast

Post by vincemunday » September 13, 2020, 7:09 am

If I’m going for an English breakfast it’s always the Tbar for me, I’ve tried other places and they are good but not quite as good as Steve’s.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

User avatar
papafarang
udonmap.com
Posts: 3018
Joined: August 2, 2013, 10:14 am

Re: Great Breakfast

Post by papafarang » September 13, 2020, 7:24 am

There was a place in Laos , small but tasty , bacon ,eggs ,Bagette with toast and jam . small fresh squeeze orange juice ,coffee so strong no matter how much milk you put in it never changed colour , and a bowl of banana/pineapple/dragon fruit. Not large but my favorite breakfast ever .took me an hour to eat it as I watched the locals on bicycles and old ladies with bamboo poles over their shoulders walking to the rhythm of the bouncing baskets heading out to sell their breakfasts to the locals . really enjoyable
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

DuiDui49
udonmap.com
Posts: 1227
Joined: March 15, 2006, 3:10 pm
Location: Koh Samui

Re: Great Breakfast

Post by DuiDui49 » September 13, 2020, 8:11 am

papafarang wrote:
September 13, 2020, 7:24 am
There was a place in Laos , small but tasty , bacon ,eggs ,Bagette with toast and jam . small fresh squeeze orange juice ,coffee so strong no matter how much milk you put in it never changed colour , and a bowl of banana/pineapple/dragon fruit. Not large but my favorite breakfast ever .took me an hour to eat it as I watched the locals on bicycles and old ladies with bamboo poles over their shoulders walking to the rhythm of the bouncing baskets heading out to sell their breakfasts to the locals . really enjoyable
......coffee so strong no matter how much milk you put in it never changed colour ...Thanks for the laugh Dean :-)
Best regards
//DuiDui
"Exercise is individual and nutrition is queen: together, you have a kingdom."

“Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues but the parent of all others.” 

"To grow and mature demands time and willingness to learn from your own misstakes"

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 6931
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: Great Breakfast

Post by tamada » September 13, 2020, 8:18 am

Stantheman wrote:
September 13, 2020, 3:37 am
Just an FYI, they may call it an American Breakfast but it's not. We don't do little sausages like those and definitely not tomato with lettuce. Looks more like the breakfast I had when vacationing in Ireland last fall.
Maybe that's what they served as breakfast to visiting Americans?

User avatar
vincemunday
udonmap.com
Posts: 3531
Joined: December 11, 2014, 11:36 pm
Location: Udon Thani ex North Stifford and Ramsgate
Contact:

Re: Great Breakfast

Post by vincemunday » September 13, 2020, 11:34 am

tamada wrote:
September 13, 2020, 8:18 am
Stantheman wrote:
September 13, 2020, 3:37 am
Just an FYI, they may call it an American Breakfast but it's not. We don't do little sausages like those and definitely not tomato with lettuce. Looks more like the breakfast I had when vacationing in Ireland last fall.
Maybe that's what they served as breakfast to visiting Americans?
Yep, American breakfast, that’s what they used to call it in the Charoensri Grand Hotel exactly that including salad and sweet mayo, fortunately they had an egg chef who would knock up Udon eggs.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

User avatar
Niggly
udonmap.com
Posts: 444
Joined: December 5, 2018, 5:51 pm
Location: ‘www.overthere.com’

Re: Great Breakfast

Post by Niggly » September 13, 2020, 11:41 am

Isn’t an Irish breakfast 3 pints of Guinness & a potato?

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 6931
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: down two... then left

Re: Great Breakfast

Post by tamada » September 13, 2020, 11:45 am

^^ American breakfast in Thailand has always had a lettuce leaf and a slice or two of raw tomato to accompany the vile Belucky brand cocktail sausages and grey, watery ham.

^ In the meantime, here's a typical Ulster Fry.
ulster fry.jpg
NB: No bloody baked beans!!!

Post Reply

Return to “Udon Thani Restaurants”