best place to meet expats for a beer

Discussions on local & International restaurants and food suppliers.
joet
udonmap.com

best place to meet expats for a beer

Post by joet » November 16, 2017, 12:59 pm

Will be spending a few days in Udon prior to making a permanent move there and would like to know a few places to stop in for a beer and meet a few of the local expats. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks
Joe

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Re: best place to meet expats for a beer

Post by pipoz4444 » November 16, 2017, 5:57 pm

Hi Joe

If you are renting a car, then there is a great little new Hotel, UDTel, about 1kms out from the Udon Thani Ring Road on the main road heading to Khon Kaen. Its around TB 700 per night with a breakfast and rooms are excellent. No Mosies & no Cockroaches. :lol: It also has a great Pool

Its easy enough to drive the 3 kms back into into the Soi Sampan or Rom Yen, areas, to meet the expats having a meal and or a drink. =D>

Rom Yen: Suggest you pop into the T Bar (Steve's) and have a meal/drink or go just down the road 100m into Benchwarmer's Sports Bar (sorry to the Owner, but I forget your name) for a meal/drink. Both are great for their food and drinks and both are extremely sociable places to meet Expats from all walks, coming and going.

PS: Neither one is my establishment, I just pop into them from time to time \:D/ \:D/

Regards

pipoz4444
Attachments
Rom Yen - T Bar & Benchwarmers.jpg
Rom Yen - T Bar & Benchwarmers
UDtel Boutique Hotel.jpg
UDtel Boutique Hotel
UDtel Boutique Hotel 02.jpg
UDtel Boutique Hotel 02
UDtel Boutique Hotel 03.jpg
UDtel Boutique Hotel 03
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 16, 2017, 6:11 pm

If you are about on a Friday evening quite a few of the longer term pool playing expats tend to meet and play pool at the Lucky Bar in the Day & Night complex. It has the added advantage of Happy Hour until 8pm (Sm Leo/Chang B45) and a free buffet approx every other Friday for all customers. Then when you get fed up with us lot, you can wander about 100m to the Sportsbar with its many TV's or choose any one of dozens of other local watering holes ....... let us know what you are looking for and I'm sure there will be someone who can advise the best bar/establishment for your requirements ;)

joet
udonmap.com

Post by joet » November 16, 2017, 6:48 pm

Thanks for the replies. I"ll definitely hit a few of the watering holes while I'm there as I will need to find a new home or two (other than the one I'll be sleeping in) once I leave Chiang Mai.

Joe

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » November 17, 2017, 10:59 am

since you say your last stay in Udon was in the early 70's I'll assume you were a GI here. Remember, the VFW is still active here and has meetings the 2nd Wednesday of every month at the Charoen Hotel. The next one is on 13 December. You might even bump into someone you knew back in the day. http://www.udonvfw10249.org/
Dave

Return to “Udon Thani Restaurants”