Self efficacy in a food courts??

Discussions on local & International restaurants and food suppliers.
urban legend

Post by urban legend » February 2, 2013, 3:55 pm

HI udonites who can go to food courts and order their food alone without back up or help from the other half ?? I can reminisce my first time twitching pointing clumsily unskillfully at the food saying "Farang chop ped mai pen rai" and Holding the chop sticks like a demented crab while I scoffed noodle soup .Its a learning curve udonites steady persistence in my humble opinion is the key to success. ](*,)

Urban legend adding a bit of humour to udon map lets all try to smile a bit more it's good for the soul \:D/

Chok Dee krub [-o<

rct
udonmap.com

Post by rct » February 3, 2013, 6:17 am

Late 1998 after already residing in Thailand since 1994, I was in line in the supermarket food court at Central Chidlom, the gal in front of me ordered a nice looking noodle dish, so I asked her to help me order. I had never seen her before.

I married her!

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » February 3, 2013, 8:10 am

rct wrote:Late 1998 after already residing in Thailand since 1994, I was in line in the supermarket food court at Central Chidlom, the gal in front of me ordered a nice looking noodle dish, so I asked her to help me order. I had never seen her before.

I married her!
----, you don't mess around.

Was the woman serving the food a Civil Celebrant? :D

Was the noodle dish the entire wedding feast? :lol:

WhoUrDaddy
udonmap.com

Post by WhoUrDaddy » February 3, 2013, 8:34 am

I married her!
Almost sounds familiar. Ordered food from a vendor, been together 7 years now, though I had to become a regular customer before she trusted me. Good thing they are good cooks. :roll:

rct
udonmap.com

Post by rct » February 3, 2013, 10:02 am

Well, I waited 7 years to marry her.....she was a customer not a vendor, and an ABAC student at the time though not in uniform so I thought she was older eg about 25 though in fact was just shy of her 21st birthday. Some of those university students look about 14....and I looked a bit younger than my age then, or so I like to tell myself.

As to the eventual wedding feast, invovled 80 tables at Chareon Hotel, nine course Chinese meal, groom pays (hope not too many sharks were affected for the soup). Not sure if noodles were served, since we did not get a chance to eat. Was a great day, almost as good as the day our children were born. For anyone wondering about planning a wedding, I'd say go all the way, don't hold back, putting on the event is relatively inexpensive "here" vs "there."

Tom

WhoUrDaddy
udonmap.com

Post by WhoUrDaddy » February 3, 2013, 10:35 am

Marry ....:-$ :-$ :-$

urban legend

Post by urban legend » February 3, 2013, 2:41 pm

Food courts in thailand are a circus watch look listen it can be free entertainment

1. BABY FARANG = This phenomenon happens when the farang sits there like a baby in a high chair and the thai wife runs around the food court like a lunatic bringing him food also a knife a fork [-X

2. NON SPEAKING FARANG = This phenomenon happens when a farang and his thai wife sit at a table in the food court and seem to have trouble finding "common ground" on which to have a every day general conversation ... [-X

3. THE TWITCHING FARANG = This phenomenon is evident when the farang looks uncomfortable and a bit out of place at this point the farang will be sweating profusely possibly wearing an amazing thailand T shirt to try to blend in :oops:

4. THE POINTING UNSURE FARANG = This phenomenon is also evident in the food court when the farang is unsure of the food he is ordering and asks his Thai wife for advice, at this point confusion occurs due to a conversation breakdown and the poor farang may very well end up welded on the toilet the following day :oops:

OK udonites please feel free to add to the list \:D/

small print = This phenomenon happends all over Thailand and is not directed at anyone in particular it is urban legends personal point of view of a general food court on a day to day basis CHOK DEE \:D/

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Post by merchant seaman » February 3, 2013, 3:24 pm

The couple enter the food court after shopping (Tesco's or Big C for example) The wife goes about ordering her food while the farang husband or boyfriend takes out a loaf of bread and some ham they had bought and makes himself a sandwich.

Shado
udonmap.com

Post by Shado » February 3, 2013, 4:17 pm

The wife and I have been together in Udon since 2005. I doubt that we have eaten in a food court a dozen times in the past 8 years. Certainly haven't eaten there enough to begin classifying farang behavior. Don't doubt that there are several categories of westerners, just never took notice.

urban legend

Post by urban legend » February 3, 2013, 4:21 pm

merchant seaman wrote:The couple enter the food court after shopping (Tesco's or Big C for example) The wife goes about ordering her food while the farang husband or boyfriend takes out a loaf of bread and some ham they had bought and makes himself a sandwich.

yeah good example

urban legend says "In Rome live as the Romans do and thy not to stick out like a sore thumb remember you are being watched try to blend in :oops:

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » February 4, 2013, 12:39 am

These farangs can be labelled 'seed lords'.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Irish Alan
udonmap.com

Post by Irish Alan » February 4, 2013, 12:55 am

urban legend wrote:Food courts in thailand are a circus watch look listen it can be free entertainment.

1. BABY FARANG = This phenomenon happens when the farang sits there like a baby in a high chair and the thai wife runs around the food court like a lunatic bringing him food also a knife a fork [-X
That probably sums me up to a tee Danny. However it is usually a fork and spoon used for Thai food.

Scoff scoff, dribble dribble... Image

urban legend

Post by urban legend » February 4, 2013, 10:13 pm

lol Alan at least you are honest . On a serious note it's somethimes worth looking around at food courts all across Thailand not just Udon Thani watch the close at the passing farangs and see what category they fall under however some farangs are self efficent and can help themself and blend in well with the good native Thai's ... :D

URBAN LEGEND \:D/

Return to “Udon Thani Restaurants”