leave me alone

Long distance relationships, mixed relationships etc...
designer
udonmap.com

leave me alone

Post by designer » August 18, 2008, 5:27 pm

Leave me alone,why do thai woman close up and refuse to speak if they have a problem?This can last for days it is getting to me so much i lost my rag yesterday ,she now wants to go home not caring that she is married or anything, how do you guys handle this just keep mum for a day or two and ride out the storm or what ,

LoveDaBlues
udonmap.com

Post by LoveDaBlues » August 18, 2008, 5:37 pm

lol - I'm going thru the same thing right now. Normally it's best to try not to "win". Give em a chance to cool off. I almost lost it but kept my cool. After a few days my wife has always come around. Hope yours does too; ride that storm out!

Plus the "make-up" is a lot of fun. :lol:

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » August 18, 2008, 5:45 pm

Don't think we will never know,(time of month sometimes) just leave them, they might pack a case up but not leave, enjoy the peace for a few days...you won't beat it and it won't be the last time, but it is so annoying especially if you have planned something and that plan goes out the window when the 3-5 dayer comes around.

http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/v ... 28&start=0
Can You Dig It Dug.?

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » August 18, 2008, 5:53 pm

think B M is spot on, i can tell what the date is by jan going into quiet mode, it used to bother me but now i just get on with whatever, knowing full well normal service will be resumed in three days. :? :? :?

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » August 18, 2008, 6:00 pm

Now my Mrs recognizes this problem . many a time she has said to me well you know what i am like when i am Bpen Men...admittedly sometimes these 3 dayers at times are triggered by my good self,other reasons are she is missing home or is bored and takes it out on me as i am the only person she can take it out on..!!
But its funny when she is having a 3 dayer if she is talking to a friend on the telephone and laughs and smiles a lot, then the phone goes down and its back to the long sour face.Image
lol

This is the classic sour faced look that i have learned to Love....

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » August 18, 2008, 6:08 pm

Me I ride it out, but when it gets to nuts I present some options like she pack or packs me. Last resort guys. Nothing has ever been packed in five years.

Fair warning guys this won't work if your wife is a TAP :roll:

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » August 18, 2008, 6:21 pm

Ok git, i got to ask what is a TAP ..?
Can You Dig It Dug.?

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » August 18, 2008, 6:34 pm

I knew I would get somebody to bite :lol: TAP ( Thai Asian Princess) Not many around that couldn't do better as soap opera actresses. Amazing how these farm girls tranform. ya gottta love um cause you can't win :shock:

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » August 18, 2008, 6:38 pm

I'm a bit different, one of only 2 things i will end a relationship over. lying is #1, the silent/not talking is #2. if we can't talk, then we can't be together. i will let it go for couple hours, to let one think it out, after that, i have to ask ' how long are you goint to act like an a-hole ', the door goes both ways, a-holes can feel free to use as an exit. and leave the keys. never go to bed angry, i'd rather be alone, well, for a little while. NEXT. 8)

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » August 18, 2008, 6:59 pm

laphanphon wrote:I'm a bit different, one of only 2 things i will end a relationship over. lying is #1, the silent/not talking is #2. if we can't talk, then we can't be together. i will let it go for couple hours, to let one think it out, after that, i have to ask ' how long are you goint to act like an a-hole ', the door goes both ways, a-holes can feel free to use as an exit. and leave the keys. never go to bed angry, i'd rather be alone, well, for a little while. NEXT. 8)
:lol: I almost second this one,but my patience is longer than 2 hours!MY wife is always practicing English on me and it is,sometimes,it is like having a child talking all the time with simple topic conversation,so if she goes quiet,I just let her have all the time I NEED :lol: :lol: She always comes out of it and seeks my loving attention! :lol:

Everybodies personal situation is different depending on how much unequality was shown or taken in the beginning of the relationship!

If it was to much out of balance to begin with,trying to correct it later can create some new and big problems,therefore changing attitudes and feelings start to rule!

Or it could be as simple as loneliness for the Thai surroundings with family and Thai friends!

Honest communication with mutual respect is the answer,but not always easy to attain!Good Luck!

designer
udonmap.com

Post by designer » August 18, 2008, 7:21 pm

Thanks guys that helps,I have quick temper as i am irish ,let you know what happens

Gallowspole
udonmap.com

Post by Gallowspole » August 18, 2008, 7:56 pm

Tell her the silent treatment is acceptable as you are in a cross-cultural relationship. Then tell her that in the west the person who is not being spoken to moves out to the nearest 5 star hotel until the silent partner wishes to resume communication.

She'll start talking. :D

aznyron
udonmap.com

Post by aznyron » August 18, 2008, 8:41 pm

this works real well / I have never seen it fail /Good luck

WBU ALUM
udonmap.com

Post by WBU ALUM » August 18, 2008, 9:28 pm

Agree with LA. Gotta have communication.

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » August 18, 2008, 9:49 pm

especially when my patience level is fairly nil. almost gave up. got lucky, but 'we' know our limits. i don't expect her to take any sh*t either, and as Stan says, been that way from the beginning, and built a lot of respect for each others. so far, so good. ask me in 10 more years :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

westerby
udonmap.com

Post by westerby » August 19, 2008, 1:51 am

I had it from two of them last month.

The wife's niece came to stay with us in the UK for a few months and even she started the silent treatment on me - we're not even married.

They'd even argue with each other and then subject me to the silences. :confused:

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » August 19, 2008, 1:51 am

:shock: 10 years??You will have to talk to my ashes! :lol:

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » August 19, 2008, 4:26 am

westerby wrote:I had it from two of them last month.

The wife's niece came to stay with us in the UK for a few months and even she started the silent treatment on me - we're not even married.

They'd even argue with each other and then subject me to the silences. :confused:
F*** me westers...i would not have none of that, Girlfriend or wife only, no one else, hope you put the niece right and taught her right from wong [-X

westerby
udonmap.com

Post by westerby » August 19, 2008, 5:10 am

beer monkey wrote:F*** me westers...i would not have none of that, Girlfriend or wife only, no one else, hope you put the niece right and taught her right from wong [-X
Wong, BM? Yeah, we sent her back before her six months visa was up. She had a huge attitude problem. It was a shame really because we've had other family Outlaws over to UK through the years and everything's been fine.

The man from Ketchup
udonmap.com

Post by The man from Ketchup » August 19, 2008, 6:33 am

It must have some thing to do with the position of the moon or something. Coz my wife is in her moody period too.

It was hard to start with, but now i just act like nothing happening. Just do the same thing. I dont know if this makes it worse or not.

How do the thai men handle it. Surely it's not just thai girls married to Farang!

During these times I get alot of what I want done. So to me there is always a positive. :shock:

Return to “Relationships”