Looking for Pranee

Long distance relationships, mixed relationships etc...
jamesyboy

Looking for Pranee

Post by jamesyboy » January 24, 2020, 6:53 pm

I have I guess what you would call a marriage registration created 50 years ago. Trying to locate the lady it pertains to. The marriage took place in Bangkok, but the district the ladies address was in split off. The original district said in order to find the ladies address I would have to go to the new district. I went to the new district and they stated it had split off again and the address I was looking for is in that address. They also stated that the lady had changed her surname to her husbands which would give her at that time an American surname. 50 years later not so sure. Yet I have not been able to find her in any data base under her original or her new surname. At that point I quit looking for personal reasons.

While she lived in Bangkok 50 years ago, according to the marriage registration, which is all in Thai, states she is from the Khon Kaen area at least from what I was told. Registration is 2 pages in Thai. I can get it translated into English, but I assume that most of the people who could be of any help would be Thai.

Was wondering if anyone in the Khon Kaen area would want to take a stab at locating her. If not her, maybe you could locate some of her relatives. I was thinking looking in the Khon Kaen area would be more productive that looking in the Bangkok area. Maybe visiting some district offices and leaving a copy of the marriage registration.

Thanks for your time.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Re: Looking for Pranee

Post by Khun Paul » January 25, 2020, 8:15 am

First port of call would be the Main Amphur in KK, still probably the original location for IDs some 50 years ago, they may have records. KK has grown a lot .

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 26, 2020, 6:11 pm

Not sure if 'take a stab' is the appropriate terminology in a solicitation for assistance from some online stranger wanting to find an equally anonymous third party that is otherwise bereft of any explanation why he is interested in finding this victim... er, missing person.

nickboyuk
udonmap.com

Post by nickboyuk » January 28, 2020, 12:59 am

A bit odd, looking for someone 50 years later, so she must be over 70 and probably 6ft under.

jamesyboy

Post by jamesyboy » May 7, 2021, 3:47 pm

Update:

Pranee has 3 sisters and 1 brother alive and kicking. So good chance she is alive. Apparently she left home around 1965 and her siblings have not seen her since. I saw her in 1969. Her siblings have been looking for her pretty much ever since she left, but have not been able to find her. They became angry because she did not show for her mother and fathers funeral, so they gave up.

It for now.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » May 8, 2021, 12:12 am

I was married to a 'Pranee' from Doi Saket District, Chiang Mai Province in 1981. She is still alive and kicking and working in Toronto. She had two brothers and five sisters. I have a feeling that there are at least two Pranees roaming the Earth.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Return to “Relationships”