A Good Thai Girl & Thai Culture, Really?

Long distance relationships, mixed relationships etc...
Liam Dale
udonmap.com

Re: A Good Thai Girl & Thai Culture, Really?

Post by Liam Dale » November 26, 2016, 9:55 pm

Boring post probably.. but +5 years with the BEST and HARDEST working partner I've ever had.. .. Bit OTT on buddhist days.. (I hate wasted food).. but then again I nail Chang beers at 50 baht a pop and Mrs Me doesnt drink.. so I cant complain.. twice over five years I could have wrecked sense by rolling with an electric dolly with a fine way of words and a corkscrew internal system.. but..I rolled home.. I actually think most of the good guys on this forum are the ones who have learnt and come out the other side.. I'm glad to have reached an age when testosterone is fading and we really are best mates/friends. "taking care together until next world" says my Mrs. Just sayin". As I said.. prob a boring post for the Richard Gere lookalikes who occupy our fine Isan region.. ;-)

Cept statto. Who hasnt given me 3 mill baht yet. What a -----.

oskar_lanning

Post by oskar_lanning » November 30, 2016, 9:24 am

You sound very lucky - I wish I had your good fortune. I met my wife in Udon Thani in 2005 and she was beautiful, smart, and also very proper. She and I dated for almost a year before we married and we were married for over eleven and a half years. We eventually moved to Twentynine Palms, California and almost immediately she opened her own business...a massage spa. I went along with it, gave her money to start it up, and watched as she made a wild success of it. I was very proud of her. She really worked very hard and all the credit for making the business so successful was all hers. But after eight years of doing this, I found out how she was making so much money - she was prostituting herself. It allowed her to go with johns to Las Vegas twice (twice, she told me it was with her friends) and once to Hawaii even (she told me her friend died). She coordinated this mostly through Snapchat. She complained constantly about having no money, yet was spending large sums of cash on these trips, buying Thai gold, buying designer clothing, and underreporting on her taxes (because most of it was cash based). I was oblivious the whole time, and was heartbroken when she admitted the whole thing and left me and our sons in one night. It still makes me feel awful to think about it.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » November 30, 2016, 12:13 pm

Sad That Oskar,But I've seen this happen a few times in The U.K aswell....Hope you get over it... :cry: :cry:

Sateeb
udonmap.com

Post by Sateeb » November 30, 2016, 8:19 pm

@oskar_lanning - What did she do in Udon when you met her and how did you meet her?

oskar_lanning

Post by oskar_lanning » November 30, 2016, 8:42 pm

Sateeb wrote:@oskar_lanning - What did she do in Udon when you met her and how did you meet her?
She worked at a place called Aussie Bar (or Aussie Pub?). She worked in the kitchen and I met her when she went out with her sister for dinner at a restaurant called Arena. My friend had met her sister and he had persuaded me to go out that night (I was still jet lagged and didn't want to go).

oskar_lanning

Post by oskar_lanning » November 30, 2016, 11:03 pm

She worked in the kitchen at a place called Aussie Bar (or Aussie Pub?). She had gone out with her sister to a restaurant called Arena, which is where we met. I had gone out with my friend, who was meeting her sister.

khunjhai

Post by khunjhai » December 1, 2016, 12:06 am

@oskar - I feel for you but I hope for that 11 1/2 years you truly had a good time despite the cheatings.....

Yeah I am also interested in Sateeb's question on how you met her and where?
'

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » December 1, 2016, 1:46 pm

So oskars beautiful,smart,hard working wife of many years never came out of the same
Mould,given the oppertunity most will be the same.many men kid themselves they've found 'the one' she's not like the others this ones proper.ask any farang whose had his pants pulled down if they had a proper one and they will all say yes but she turned out to be a rotten,cheating,thieving liar.if you think you e found a good in it means you Have dropped
Your guard and are likely to have your pants pulled down and sent home penniless in your flip flops n shorts.

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » December 1, 2016, 1:58 pm

I found a way to keep a Thai woman and keep the Thai cultural thing going.feed her up to 5 times a day and give her a damned good thrashing when I come home drunk.

Pooclover
udonmap.com
Location: Sitting in a sleazy snack-bar sucking sickly sausage rolls

Post by Pooclover » December 1, 2016, 2:32 pm

I agree with Marcosteffano 100 per cent… Most women here are the same but add that most falangs that take a Thai wife are not that good with the female of the species… taking a Thai wife is the only way they get a female companion… They overlook a lot of the telltale signs that something is just not right… Thinking that after years of been overlooked by western woman they have finally have found someone who sees them for what they really are…

Regards “oskar_lanning” back in 2005 I was a permanent fixture in the Aussie bar and have to say I “put a tail on” all the staff in there, Even snogged Justin on occasion…

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » December 1, 2016, 3:07 pm

It comes to something that when someone posts a thread about a relationship that has stood the test of time it is looked on as a refreshing change to the usual posts about cheats. but facts are facts there are more bad relationships then good. There is a familiar saying in LOS which as we all know is " You can take the girl out of the bar but you can't take the bar out of the girl". I have many friends in Udon who despite giving their wives the life they could only dream of were left bitter after being cheated on.

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » December 1, 2016, 4:33 pm

Take them out of the Country and you expose them to too many temptations, all of which look better than the one you offer. Keep them in Country and your special for life. Easy ....

macca46
udonmap.com

Post by macca46 » December 1, 2016, 4:37 pm

Have to agree with you there vlad 100% I am not sure about the ex bar girl but there is probably a good chance she was when I first met her she was forty five I thought I was safe 555 she scammed and cheated me big time as they say in the classics no good crying over spilled milk just move on and forget there is also a good chance that you know who I am talking about.

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » December 1, 2016, 5:59 pm

I am sure most of the negative comments are wind ups but, in case there are 1 or 2 serious but confused people here....

Newsflash - why not have a relationship with someone who hasn't worked in a bar. Incredibly, in a country of more than 30m women there are quite a few. You might actually find that you will have a relatively normal and mutually fulfilling relationship.

Incidentally, that is not to say that all ex bar staff make bad partners. That would be an equally ignorant assumption.

macca46
udonmap.com

Post by macca46 » December 1, 2016, 6:29 pm

Hey samster like to see my bank book the new house I built and the new Toyota pick up I bought plus the debt I paid (not for the sick buffalo or mother or family) at this point of time I am out of pocket big time maybe I will recover some if the the Family Court does what it is supposed to so don't classify me in the wind up section.

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » December 1, 2016, 8:35 pm

I don't for a minute doubt it macca46 and you have my sympathy - it could have happened to me or any of us. I just resent the suggestion made by several here that Thai Partner = scam. If you go into a relationship with the equivalent of a bar girl in your country of origin then, there is a better chance that you will also get scammed rather than if you dated a nurse or a bank clerk for example

As I said earlier this doesn't mean that all bar girls are on the make and I know many who have made excellent partners. If the OP had a genuine question (which I doubt) then, he has the right to know that there are many happy relationships out here just as there are many failed ones in the West where one partner has felt cheated (financially or emotionally)

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » December 1, 2016, 8:52 pm

I've found that the Thai woman loves to pick up on things like the word love,they haven't a clue what it means,it ain't probably in their dictionary.theyve just got the art of when to say it.lets not forget they are an alien species to us and are all out to get what they can and provide for the family.when we marry them the only part of us that becomes family is our wealth.sex to most of them means nothing more than shaking hands or a high five.they are a manipulative little creature.

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » December 1, 2016, 9:14 pm

macca46 wrote:Hey samster like to see my bank book the new house I built and the new Toyota pick up I bought plus the debt I paid (not for the sick buffalo or mother or family) at this point of time I am out of pocket big time maybe I will recover some if the the Family Court does what it is supposed to so don't classify me in the wind up section.
My heart goes out to you mate,truly.hope you get some back out of the courts.they can be as nasty as their male counterparts and we know what they are like.

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » December 2, 2016, 1:07 am

The Courts in Thailand will not help the falang full stop. Samster in the West we don't have girls who hang around outside a bar enticing people in and doing there best to keep you in the bar. Id say 80% of members met there partner in a bar, restaurant, or Online. Girls are taught by there parents to meet farangs and the only reason Thais put up with us is because of there belief we have money don't be fooled by the thai smile Samster, you will get bled dry. In a nutshell we are seen as a bank account and if that Account gets low simply open another one.

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » December 2, 2016, 3:04 am

vlad wrote:The Courts in Thailand will not help the falang full stop. Samster in the West we don't have girls who hang around outside a bar enticing people in and doing there best to keep you in the bar. Id say 80% of members met there partner in a bar, restaurant, or Online. Girls are taught by there parents to meet farangs and the only reason Thais put up with us is because of there belief we have money don't be fooled by the thai smile Samster, you will get bled dry. In a nutshell we are seen as a bank account and if that Account gets low simply open another one.
Vlad, I think you meant "their" and not "there".

That aside, I have indeed seen evidence of what you refer to, but one has to be wary about where one looks for a partner, and be very careful and selective about the individual. There are nice girls out there, but one has to seek them out.

In our own natural habitat (or in the west as you put it), I think we would be much more careful about people we meet and get to know them much more before getting into serious relationships. Also, it is easier for us to understand (and assess) women from our own countries, as we speak the same language and share the same culture. Yet, we go to Thailand, a foreign country, with a different language and culture along with a certain bar culture, and we go to the first bar we find and pick the first woman we see, - or some of us seem to!

Remember also there is a saying about "like attracts like". I think there is more than a little truth in that too.

Return to “Relationships”