Where to Meet Women??

Long distance relationships, mixed relationships etc...
Udon Map
Admin

Where to Meet Women??

Post by Udon Map » October 4, 2014, 5:17 pm

Udon Map received the following email this afternoon:
Name: xxxxxxx xxxxxxxx
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: 123-456-7890
Message: Where is a good place to meet genuine Thai girls in Udon Thani?
(It is a Thai mobile telephone number.)

I have removed the identifying information and posted it here on the assumption that it might be of general interest.

Udon Map
Admin

Where to Meet Women??

Post by Udon Map » October 4, 2014, 5:39 pm

I'll weigh in with some thoughts.

I assume that by "... genuine Thai girls ..." he means other than those who might be employed at Nutty Park, Day & Night, Nana Plaza, Soi Cowboy, etc., rather than verification of their bloodlines for genuine Thainess. These girls are readily, obviously and conspicuously available for whatever; most would love to snag a falang for a long term relationship/marriage. I know of one bar in Nana Plaza which estimates that it loses an average of one girl every other month to marriage to a falang.

While I haven't done this in Nutty Park or Day & Night, when I'm in Bangkok I've always enjoyed going into certain bars where the music's not too loud and the girls are friendly but not pushy. I don't rent them; as that's not for me (though I make no value judgment of those who do, -- I see nothing wrong with it in the context of a typical go-go bar here, absent pimps/drug pushers/etc. which are more common in the west). But I've chatted with a fair number; and there are a few with whom I've chatted occasionally over a period of over eight years, now.

Eliminating those who have been doing it for too long and have become really hardened, and eliminating the drug/alcohol addicts, etc., I find that, for the most part, they are normal, sweet girls who find themselves in bad situations with no other real choices. Most of the ones I know have infants (<2 years old) at home with their mothers. Their former boyfriends/husbands hightailed it out of there as soon she got pregnant or had the baby. It goes without saying that the former husbands/boyfriends contribute nothing financially or in any other way and are completely absent from the scene. The families are poor; the girls are uneducated. Working at McDonald's isn't going to provide sufficient funds to support the family, a responsibility which, in Thai culture, often falls on the oldest daughter.

Do their circumstances and work make them ineligible or inappropriate for "normal" relationships? Well, they can (apart from figuring out an answer to the question, "How did you two meet?" when your friends in the west ask), but not always. That work can become pretty demoralizing pretty quickly; and the girls harden themselves to it in one way or another. I've heard experiential stories from girls of meanness, rudeness and far, far worse from their customers. I think that the girl who can maintain some semblance of self in these circumstances is the exception, but they do exist. And I'm not talking one in a million, either. OTOH, the ones I know, I know as friends/acquaintances. I've never tried to establish or maintain a relationship with any of them.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Where to Meet Women??

Post by Earnest » October 4, 2014, 5:49 pm

I always thought it was very easy to meet up with girls in Udon, even for an ugly bloke. :badteeth:
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Udon Map
Admin

Where to Meet Women??

Post by Udon Map » October 4, 2014, 5:59 pm

Earnest wrote:I always thought it was very easy to meet up with girls in Udon, even for an ugly bloke. :badteeth:
That was my understanding, as well; but for whatever reason, this UM member wants some assistance/guidance.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Where to Meet Women??

Post by Earnest » October 4, 2014, 6:23 pm

Nice Thai girls work in banks or schools. :D

You can meet nice girls in the parks on an evening, many of them are out for a jog or a walk. Nongbua Park and Nong Prajak have the aerobics sessions, there are some nice girls there too.

University girls are pleasant as well. Although I never had the chance to frequent the Full Moon bar on the Khon Kaen road in the old days. :shock:

Stay away from the countryside lot, they're not bright and their families are only interested in your money. Stick to educated townies. :lol:

There you have it - Earnest's warped view to meeting nice girls in Udon.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

mortiboy
udonmap.com

Where to Meet Women??

Post by mortiboy » October 4, 2014, 6:47 pm

Full moon.jpg
Full moon.jpg (11.12 KiB) Viewed 12132 times
"University girls are pleasant as well. Although I never had the chance to frequent the Full Moon bar on the Khon Kaen road"

Ahh yes The good times! That place was magic. Shame closed down.
Never get a place like that again ! Would be FORBIDDEN!
Mai mee tahng !

BillaRickaDickay
udonmap.com

Where to Meet Women??

Post by BillaRickaDickay » October 4, 2014, 8:07 pm

"Stay away from the countryside lot, they're not bright and their families are only interested in your money. Stick to educated townies"

I think they are all interested in your money, don't kid yourselves that they are interested because of your good looks, charm and personality, too much education breeds higher aspirations and consequently an increased drain on your resources, give me a fit, good looking, smiling country ****** any day.
He's got his little y-fronts and he's got his little vest, Chaz Jankel, 1998. Mash it up Harry.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Where to Meet Women??

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » October 4, 2014, 8:51 pm

Earnest wrote:Nice Thai girls work in banks or schools. :D

You can meet nice girls in the parks on an evening, many of them are out for a jog or a walk. Nongbua Park and Nong Prajak have the aerobics sessions, there are some nice girls there too.

University girls are pleasant as well. Although I never had the chance to frequent the Full Moon bar on the Khon Kaen road in the old days. :shock:

Stay away from the countryside lot, they're not bright and their families are only interested in your money. Stick to educated townies. :lol:
I have to disagree with a few of your points. For one, if the guy is looking for a genuine Thai/Isaan girl, he is more likely to find her in the country than in the city where he might meet Sino-Thais, half-Chinese/Thai and others who may not be from a pure Thai background.

My former wife was from rural Chiang Mai and was wonderful and was her family. They were not educated, but they were bright. It was more a matter of not having money that held them back from education. Her younger sister, for example, became a nurse. And, her brother's kids both won scholarships at Chulalongkorn. He saved up his money from driving back and forth from the village into Chiang Mai and back. He could not read or write, but he was a very intelligent man of high morals.

My wife, when she came to Canada, studied at a local high school and then a college and became a Personal Nursing Assistant and is making over $80,000 per year today. She had a basic Grade 6 education, and began working for $1/day at a tobacco factory in Sankamphaeng.

Many of the people in surrounding villages have stories much the same as this so I would disagree that they are dimwitted out in the countryside.

However, I will grant you the fact that some of the farangs who come to Thailand looking for a wife are a bit on the dim side, and are shafted by the wily girls who can sniff out a sucker easily.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

milkman
udonmap.com

Where to Meet Women??

Post by milkman » October 4, 2014, 10:04 pm

I met my lovely wife 9 years ago on megafriend or megafriends.com. It was the perfect place because lots of Udon girls went there, and almost no farang guys had- so I had all the girls to myself! I went on two or three dates a day till I met her, then never went on another since. My wife was a government accountant who went home after work to cook for her family, then watched tv and went to bed. Next morning, she'd go to work. Never would I have had the chance to meet her if not for the Internet. Can't say if megafriends is still a good place or not, but it led me to a girl straight out of my dreams.

Earnest
udonmap.com

Where to Meet Women??

Post by Earnest » October 4, 2014, 10:56 pm

BillaRickaDickay wrote:give me a fit, good looking, smiling country ****** any day.
Each to his own, Rickety Billy. :badteeth:
Laan Yaa Mo wrote:However, I will grant you the fact that some of the farangs who come to Thailand looking for a wife are a bit on the dim side, and are shafted by the wily girls who can sniff out a sucker easily.
Ha, ha! Oh, yes!

pomps
udonmap.com

Where to Meet Women??

Post by pomps » October 5, 2014, 12:15 am

I thought Ruysuk had monthly matchmaking nights to get the shy chaps and lasses together :-k They threw in a free room if successful pairings occurred :-k
When will speed dating come to LOS :shock: :D 8)

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Where to Meet Women??

Post by stattointhailand » October 5, 2014, 12:27 am

Thought it already had pomps...... Hello welcome hansome man.... wanna buy me a drink ..... I wanna stay with you always ..... ok we marry tomorrow

Earnest
udonmap.com

Where to Meet Women??

Post by Earnest » October 5, 2014, 1:04 am

You forgot 'I lud you, no ----'. :shock:

GT93
udonmap.com

Where to Meet Women??

Post by GT93 » October 5, 2014, 1:20 am

555. This is a delightful thread. I'd add nurses to Earnie's list of good occupations and repeat the post to be wary of sino-thai girls.

Retards can be both educated and uneducated. We see that with farang. A highly educated farang can be a ****** with Thai girls and a not much educated farang very sensible with the girls.

If the poster is a young fella then I'd suggest an uneducated Thai girl with ambition to better herself would be a great catch. Avoid the ones that just want to latch on to your wallet and live from that. It takes time to work out where a girl might fall in this range.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Where to Meet Women??

Post by Aardvark » October 5, 2014, 7:00 am

Too many scenario's to consider. Can't understand how the Op can use Girls from Udon as a comparison of Girls from Nana. If your an Older Dude finding a Girl in Thailand and staying with her is the best option. Give her some Sweets, but never take her to the Sweet Shop .....

Earnest
udonmap.com

Where to Meet Women??

Post by Earnest » October 5, 2014, 2:11 pm

GT93 wrote:Retards can be both educated and uneducated. We see that with farang. A highly educated farang can be a ****** with Thai girls and a not much educated farang very sensible with the girls.
Yes, emotional intelligence or the lack of. I think that farang men have it but put it at the back of their minds once they become c**tstruck*. There's a baser instinct that takes over.

* a term used by HM Forces Hong Kong to describe a chap who becomes infatuated with a bar girl to the extent that it affects his wage packet.
Last edited by Earnest on October 5, 2014, 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GT93
udonmap.com

Where to Meet Women??

Post by GT93 » October 5, 2014, 2:15 pm

That's a lovely expression Earnest. If only it were known more widely in Thailand it might help some poor sods burning through their savings.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Earnest
udonmap.com

Where to Meet Women??

Post by Earnest » October 5, 2014, 2:30 pm

I think white fellas have been suffering from this affliction since the days of the East India Company. I'm surprised Kipling never wrote a couple of verses about it. Or maybe he did and called it Mandalay.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Where to Meet Women??

Post by stattointhailand » October 5, 2014, 4:46 pm

Did he write
"On ..... the ..... road to Mandalay,
Where the Burmese bar girls lay
The Mamasan's like thunder
When the boys forget to pay"

Earnest
udonmap.com

Where to Meet Women??

Post by Earnest » October 5, 2014, 6:51 pm

You missed your calling, Statto.

Return to “Relationships”