How guys lose it all in Thailand

Long distance relationships, mixed relationships etc...
plumbers
udonmap.com

Post by plumbers » June 15, 2013, 10:57 pm

In the Uk it is well known many Thai ladies working as prostitutes , it is very unfortunate that Thai women are a labeled as promiscuous and there for all tarred with the same brush.
The reason being if the idiot expat would stop and think before he brings his young bar girl back with him to the Uk also look beyond the bars and im sure you will see many decent hard working Thais men and women.
My personal opinion is many farangs are looked upon as mugs and easy targets and of course we are not all fools but like Thai women in the Uk we are also labeled .

reamer

Post by reamer » June 16, 2013, 1:14 am

If you go to a disco and a girl you ain't met before sits on your lap and you end up taking said girl home at the end of the night...... Its a *****. If you do not get asked for money the next day. BE DOUBLE WORRIED

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » June 16, 2013, 7:55 am

It became very clear to me one day when my Thai wife and I were walking past a preschool full of 4 to 6 year old boys and girls in her village in Issan. All the kids were yelling the same thing to me, Hey Farang, give me money,give me money. They have already learned this at that age and will not forget as they grow up. I know every one won't be a scammer but the mentality and how they look at us will always be there.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » June 16, 2013, 10:10 am

jai yen yen wrote: by jai yen yen » June 16, 2013, 7:55 am

It became very clear to me one day when my Thai wife and I were walking past a preschool full of 4 to 6 year old boys and girls in her village in Issan. All the kids were yelling the same thing to me, Hey Farang, give me money,give me money. They have already learned this at that age and will not forget as they grow up. I know every one won't be a scammer but the mentality and how they look at us will always be there.
Is that limited to Thailand, no. Go to Indonesia, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, India, Nepal and all other poor country's and of course you will get the same thing, poor people do not get the chance to travel, you are travelling, on holiday not working, therefore associated with having to much money in there eyes because you are doing it, they are only looking for there next meal. Its so easy to generalize and put every one in the same basket and class them in derogatory terms as many disgruntled farangs are doing here.

I am sure the guy in the video was done over by his first English wife just the same as by his Thai wife, that tells me something about him not her. Where are the cat calls calling English women scammers and low life's?

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » June 16, 2013, 11:05 am

jai yen yen wrote:It became very clear to me one day when my Thai wife and I were walking past a preschool full of 4 to 6 year old boys and girls in her village in Issan. All the kids were yelling the same thing to me, Hey Farang, give me money,give me money. They have already learned this at that age and will not forget as they grow up. I know every one won't be a scammer but the mentality and how they look at us will always be there.
If the kids have learnt that at an early age it's because WE have taught them not their parents .We are the ones "flashing the cash", naturally they want a share.Let me give the example of my young years during the war .After two or more years of rationing and living on a minimal supply of food,with most families short of cash because the main wage earner was off to fight, suddenly in 42/3, almost overnight we woke up to see these strange creatures everywhere. Remember this was at a time when most residents haven't been outside , their home town , yet abroad, we weren't to know they were the American military joining us in our fight against the hun.They were well dressed in gabardine uniforms and brown shoes, not a bit like our boys in khaki serge and black boots, they were supremely polite. Everyone got addressed as Sir or Madam, even my old Mum, but most of all they looked rich.They paid over the local odds for all they purchased, not because they were charged it, but because it all seemed so cheap compared to back home. They were splashing the cash. However at that time money wasn't important to us as there wasn't anything to buy. What we needed was food and as a kid, chocolate was high on my list. They had this seemingly in plentiful supply, along with something new to us , chewing gum. They dished this out at random, so as a kid we associated seeing one of these guys with getting chewing gum. Then whenever we saw one, the cry went up "Got any gum Chum?"
It was later discovered that for some unknown reason, they also had nylon stockings in quantity, so our girls who hadn't seen a stocking in three years, went crazy for them and pestered for them .You can imagine a whole country where all the menfolk of a certain age were away from home and then suddenly these handsome young guy's with all the things they had been deprived of for so long, were there and available. They spun the girls tales of big houses, even ranches back home, everyone had a fridge big enough to live in, we didn't even know what it was.So both kids and the girls were impressed and saw them all as Father Xmas's .Apart from the young and handsome, isn't that what we now see in Thailand? Don't blame them , it's our fault. :-"
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » June 16, 2013, 11:41 am

trubrit wrote:
jai yen yen wrote:It became very clear to me one day when my Thai wife and I were walking past a preschool full of 4 to 6 year old boys and girls in her village in Issan. All the kids were yelling the same thing to me, Hey Farang, give me money,give me money. They have already learned this at that age and will not forget as they grow up. I know every one won't be a scammer but the mentality and how they look at us will always be there.
If the kids have learnt that at an early age it's because WE have taught them not their parents .We are the ones "flashing the cash", naturally they want a share.Let me give the example of my young years during the war .After two or more years of rationing and living on a minimal supply of food,with most families short of cash because the main wage earner was off to fight, suddenly in 42/3, almost overnight we woke up to see these strange creatures everywhere. Remember this was at a time when most residents haven't been outside , their home town , yet abroad, we weren't to know they were the American military joining us in our fight against the hun.They were well dressed in gabardine uniforms and brown shoes, not a bit like our boys in khaki serge and black boots, they were supremely polite. Everyone got addressed as Sir or Madam, even my old Mum, but most of all they looked rich.They paid over the local odds for all they purchased, not because they were charged it, but because it all seemed so cheap compared to back home. They were splashing the cash. However at that time money wasn't important to us as there wasn't anything to buy. What we needed was food and as a kid, chocolate was high on my list. They had this seemingly in plentiful supply, along with something new to us , chewing gum. They dished this out at random, so as a kid we associated seeing one of these guys with getting chewing gum. Then whenever we saw one, the cry went up "Got any gum Chum?"
It was later discovered that for some unknown reason, they also had nylon stockings in quantity, so our girls who hadn't seen a stocking in three years, went crazy for them and pestered for them .You can imagine a whole country where all the menfolk of a certain age were away from home and then suddenly these handsome young guy's with all the things they had been deprived of for so long, were there and available. They spun the girls tales of big houses, even ranches back home, everyone had a fridge big enough to live in, we didn't even know what it was.So both kids and the girls were impressed and saw them all as Father Xmas's .Apart from the young and handsome, isn't that what we now see in Thailand? Don't blame them , it's our fault. :-"
I hear what you are saying but in this village these kids had very little or no contact with farangs, in fact when I go to the village I am the only farang in town. I sincerely believe this attitude was learned from parents and older relatives. My Thai wife says the same. She felt really bad about what happened that day. Unfortunately we are seen as a commodity by many. I will agree in areas populated by farang they will bring a lot of this on as well.

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » June 16, 2013, 11:51 am

coxo wrote:
jai yen yen wrote: by jai yen yen » June 16, 2013, 7:55 am

Is that limited to Thailand, no. Go to Indonesia, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, India, Nepal and all other poor country's and of course you will get the same thing, poor people do not get the chance to travel, you are travelling, on holiday not working, therefore associated with having to much money in there eyes because you are doing it, they are only looking for there next meal. Its so easy to generalize and put every one in the same basket and class them in derogatory terms as many disgruntled farangs are doing here.

I am sure the guy in the video was done over by his first English wife just the same as by his Thai wife, that tells me something about him not her. Where are the cat calls calling English women scammers and low life's?
Well, we were talking about Thailand but now that you mention it I have been to schools in Cambodia and never heard anything like what I did in that Thai village. Same in Vietnam or Indonesia. The street kids are after you but I have never seen school children act like that. You may not want to believe it but Thailand and Issan in particular has developed this to a way of life for many. We are not sought after for our long noses and charming personalities. :D

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » June 16, 2013, 1:51 pm

jai yen yen wrote: by jai yen yen » June 16, 2013, 11:51 am

coxo wrote:
jai yen yen wrote:
by jai yen yen » June 16, 2013, 7:55 am

Well, we were talking about Thailand but now that you mention it I have been to schools in Cambodia and never heard anything like what I did in that Thai village. Same in Vietnam or Indonesia. The street kids are after you but I have never seen school children act like that. You may not want to believe it but Thailand and Issan in particular has developed this to a way of life for many. We are not sought after for our long noses and charming personalities.
Well there you, I did experience all the above in those country's. I do not believe it is limited to Thailand and particularly issan, it seems some like to criticize regardless, thank fully that poison is not going to effect me, I am very happy living in Thailand, it is just to easy to always focus on the negative where ever you are should you wish to!

thaiguzzi
udonmap.com

Post by thaiguzzi » June 16, 2013, 2:15 pm

dezzer wrote:Show me good Thai girl,what a laugh,
Some of you people walk around blinkered there only after one thing MONEY. Leaches.
Say that to my face and you'd be on the floor.
W#anker.

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » June 16, 2013, 10:00 pm

coxo wrote:
jai yen yen wrote: by jai yen yen » June 16, 2013, 11:51 am

coxo wrote:
jai yen yen wrote:
by jai yen yen » June 16, 2013, 7:55 am

Well, we were talking about Thailand but now that you mention it I have been to schools in Cambodia and never heard anything like what I did in that Thai village. Same in Vietnam or Indonesia. The street kids are after you but I have never seen school children act like that. You may not want to believe it but Thailand and Issan in particular has developed this to a way of life for many. We are not sought after for our long noses and charming personalities.
Well there you, I did experience all the above in those country's. I do not believe it is limited to Thailand and particularly issan, it seems some like to criticize regardless, thank fully that poison is not going to effect me, I am very happy living in Thailand, it is just to easy to always focus on the negative where ever you are should you wish to!
Did you really walk by a preschool in Indonesia, Cambodia and Vietnam and have 4 year olds screaming to give them money, I highly doubt it. I think you and a few others are so worried about defending Thailand you can't see the forest for the trees or just refuse to. I don't hate Thailand but I am realistic about what it is like. Facts and the truth are not poison, ignorance and not being realistic about your situation is. As well my Thai wife does not hate Thailand but she agrees with what I have been talking about in this situation. I will tell you one more thing that will really make you want to sit down and cry or scream. My Thai mother in law who happens to be a very wise lady with a government job and a good understanding of HER country said awhile back that if everyone knew what Thailand was really like no one would come. I know there are good things about Thailand as there are everywhere and if people are happy living there that is fine but I think it is a good idea to be realistic about your surroundings wherever you are. Discussing these issues is a good thing. Burying your head in the sand or placing it in an awkward place is not.

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » June 16, 2013, 10:48 pm

Thailand is a great place for a holiday only so long as its not Phuket, Samui or Blackpool with heat. To the knockers and blinkered brigade never forget your not welcome and you will never be accepted in LOS. Your a comodity as long as the money keeps coming why else would a 25+ girl marry a retired man, or 1 in his 70s for love ????

Tafia
udonmap.com

Post by Tafia » June 16, 2013, 11:23 pm

vlad wrote:Thailand is a great place for a holiday only so long as its not Phuket, Samui or Blackpool with heat. To the knockers and blinkered brigade never forget your not welcome and you will never be accepted in LOS. Your a comodity as long as the money keeps coming why else would a 25+ girl marry a retired man, or 1 in his 70s for love ????
Thanks for that pearl of wisdom, but like many here I'm not 70 dont have a wife half my age and am very happy and feel extremely welcome.
If you are (as you seem) so bitter why do you stay on these forums tarring everyone (Thai Lady) with the same brush that you obviously got done with, so why, as you accept you are not welcome here, find somewhere you like and move on with your life.
Remember 'A fool and his money is soon parted' which is probably nearer the truth in the majority of cases, but 'I've been scammed' has a better ring to it over a pint!!

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » June 17, 2013, 12:44 am

Tafia wrote:
vlad wrote:Thailand is a great place for a holiday only so long as its not Phuket, Samui or Blackpool with heat. To the knockers and blinkered brigade never forget your not welcome and you will never be accepted in LOS. Your a comodity as long as the money keeps coming why else would a 25+ girl marry a retired man, or 1 in his 70s for love ????
Thanks for that pearl of wisdom, but like many here I'm not 70 dont have a wife half my age and am very happy and feel extremely welcome.
If you are (as you seem) so bitter why do you stay on these forums tarring everyone (Thai Lady) with the same brush that you obviously got done with, so why, as you accept you are not welcome here, find somewhere you like and move on with your life.
Remember 'A fool and his money is soon parted' which is probably nearer the truth in the majority of cases, but 'I've been scammed' has a better ring to it over a pint!!

Not wanting this post to leave the original OP about losing everything and gravitate back to the normal crap about why 70 plus people do or do not fall in love with young girls but i am having to agree with Tafia 100%.
My life in Thailand all be it slightly casual as i have not fully retired yet is great. Met a Thai girl who was married to a sing guy but just divorced when we met from a 7 year mariage in singapore in 2010 and she lived with me in my apartment and worked hard in the local food court for 6 bucks sing$ an hour to save money for 2 years and we built and set up a nice little karaoke shop here some Km outside KK for the locals, I currently get paid from the business a salary twice hers, the shop pays me back seperately for my original cash investment as the banker aswell into my thai bank, all this done monthly. We have gone 50/50 in buying a pickup etc etc, as a matter of fact I am not working this last 5 weeks and now waiting to start a new gas project in asia and am being looked after by her finacially in the shop. Haven't touched my bank for 3 weeks. We will not be doing karaoke when we move to UT.
All the locals who come to drink piss and sing songs are always very welcoming and friendly to me (especially if this aussie is in a good mood and shouts a few leos), except for the few gangster types. The girls who work here are the same and work hard to drum up business as good karaoke hostess should know how to do and they look forward to me occasionally buying them lunch out in town at the mall or the local swimming water hole on sundays. They are never talking about the rich boss and never ask for any freebies. My girl keeps them honest, they work hard and we have a family attiutude to them. Took 18 months to get this group together.
Look it all might go pear shaped but only a negative thinker would continue down that train of thought, which i am not. I do not wear rose coloured glasses and am not blinkered and actually loving what i am committing both emotionally and financially to.
I am not 70 (but who cares if i am) and in my mid 50. She is mid 30.Is it love?? well time will tell. I have had different loves since i was young bloke and they all were different and required work, now this new phase in my life is a work in progress and when i retire at about 60 i am sure we will still be together(unless I fall off the perch earlier) and working on our next phase of things to do so i don't get bored in UT.
To all those old farts or soon to be old fart like me just keep going and have a crack at what ever you put your mind to. Listen to advice naturally but be your own man and hopefully you will attain that dream life here. It needs time, patients and ongoing maintenance to make it work. Sorry for the long winded message but the vast majority of guys i meet are going ok, maybe for a minority it might be their 2nd or even 3rd time around, who cares. I do feel welcome and have a good repoir with most, maybe it's just how i am, having gotten used to working all around the world with Thais, Philipino, Vietnamese, indians and even Pommy's :-" etc My glass is half full.

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » June 17, 2013, 4:10 am

I am not bitter about Thailand or its people and I will return. I am also entitled to post on any forum if you don't like my post's Tafia move on you don't have to read them. Sometime's people don't like to be reminded there dream home has its pitfalls it is not me raking up story's and making derogatory comments about Thai woman In general, but facts are facts there are more bad stories then good story's.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » June 17, 2013, 4:37 am

vlad wrote:I am not bitter about Thailand or its people and I will return. I am also entitled to post on any forum if you don't like my post's Tafia move on you don't have to read them. Sometime's people don't like to be reminded there dream home has its pitfalls it is not me raking up story's and making derogatory comments about Thai woman In general, but facts are facts there are more bad stories then good story's.
Are you sure there are more bad, than good, stories concerning Thai females? It may be in your experience that this is true, but not in mine, and many others.

I, for one, like your posts, on this and the other Udon forum even though many of them are misinformed and inaccurate. Keep posting.

I think, if my memory serves me well, that your initial remarks about Thailand were in fact negative. You had some beef about Phuket and the scams that were going on at the time. Your comments were probably justified as there seems to be a fair bit of crime there. However, you did hint that you would never return.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » June 17, 2013, 7:03 am

Just to clarify Jai yen yen, I started holidaying in Indonesia in the late 70's untill the early 90's, I went there every year at least two times per year, each trip never less than one month, I traveled from the southern tip of Java to the north tip on the west coast over the years well off the beaten path surfing, I have worked in Vietnam, India and spent a lot of time in Cambodia, what you are saying is a load of sh-t.
If you want to examine the policies and politics of probably all countries you will find atrocities, corruption and all the nasties not only associated with the heirachy of Thailand.

Tafia
udonmap.com

Post by Tafia » June 17, 2013, 10:40 am

vlad wrote:I am not bitter about Thailand or its people and I will return. I am also entitled to post on any forum if you don't like my post's Tafia move on you don't have to read them. Sometime's people don't like to be reminded there dream home has its pitfalls it is not me raking up story's and making derogatory comments about Thai woman In general, but facts are facts there are more bad stories then good story's.
Sorry mate but it's certainly the way you portray Thailand and it's women. What your thoughts are on Thailand is irrelevant to me as I have said Im happy and content, I respond because you condemn all Thai women, whereas many of us are happy and content. As for there being more bad stories than good its because we dont harp on about our lives, its a bit like selling newspapers bad news sells more!
As I said being scammed has a better ring to it than 'I gave all my money away to a woman half my age' when he's back home telling his tales of woe over a pint.
One thing I will say tho, no one holds a gun to their head for houses, gold, land, car or anything else its handed over freely because this pretty thing in a mini skirt has flashed her eyelids a few times and told him she loves him, he's throwing his cash around like a demented teenager, don't blame the women for that, as I said A fool and his money.....Chances are he wouldn't do it in the west so why does he do it here?
If you were to ask me I'd say Scammers 15% Idiots 85%

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » June 17, 2013, 11:22 am

Dezzer, Vlad, Jai yen yen and all the other grizzlers, its sh-t living here in Thailand, don't come, to the whingers that live here and complain all the time, go home, to those that don't live here, don't holiday here and don't like life, please don't post, you are depressing downers with your attitudes, this is a Thai forum. Nobody forces anyone do to what they don't want to do, if you would not do it at home then don't do it here.

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » June 17, 2013, 12:15 pm

coxo wrote:Dezzer, Vlad, Jai yen yen and all the other grizzlers, its sh-t living here in Thailand, don't come, to the whingers that live here and complain all the time, go home, to those that don't live here, don't holiday here and don't like life, please don't post, you are depressing downers with your attitudes, this is a Thai forum. Nobody forces anyone do to what they don't want to do, if you would not do it at home then don't do it here.
Coxo . I think that's a bit harsh. I am one of those that's quite content with my life here in Thailand. Of course there are ups and downs but that's life in general, if you didn't have one , you wouldn't have the other , would you? When I read the moaning posts I, first of all feel pity for the poster, but most of all , it makes me more appreciative of what I've got .
If they all went home how would I know how lucky I am? :-"
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » June 17, 2013, 12:32 pm

coxo wrote:Dezzer, Vlad, Jai yen yen and all the other grizzlers, its sh-t living here in Thailand, don't come, to the whingers that live here and complain all the time, go home, to those that don't live here, don't holiday here and don't like life, please don't post, you are depressing downers with your attitudes, this is a Thai forum. Nobody forces anyone do to what they don't want to do, if you would not do it at home then don't do it here.
Sorry to make you feel depressed, I did not realize how sensitive you are. By the way I was not complaining about Thailand, just commenting on my experiences there. It is what it is. I think if you were truly happy with your life in Udon you would not get so upset with people relating their experiences. Sometimes the truth is painful to hear but it is still the truth. I will let my Thai wife and her mother know that you suggested that anyone who complains about YOUR Thailand should leave. Maybe we can get them a free ride to the airport from you. :D

Return to “Relationships”