How guys lose it all in Thailand

Long distance relationships, mixed relationships etc...
Tafia
udonmap.com

Post by Tafia » June 13, 2013, 12:47 pm

vlad wrote:I like the end the guy is celebrating his 50th with a cup cake the scammer who now has everything has a full blown cake for her daughter sort of sums it all up.
Scammer? or an Idiot who gave all his money away?.....No one holds a gun to their heads, everyone has a choice!!

reamer

Post by reamer » June 13, 2013, 4:21 pm

Tafia wrote:
vlad wrote:I like the end the guy is celebrating his 50th with a cup cake the scammer who now has everything has a full blown cake for her daughter sort of sums it all up.
Scammer? or an Idiot who gave all his money away?.....No one holds a gun to their heads, everyone has a choice!!

Yep, with information available everywhere today anyone marrying a whor e Thai woman and not protecting their assets pretty much deserves what they get. I know chaps who should be put in the nut ward the way they speak about thailand, only trumpeting the few good things. seriously deluded believing they have found the one in a million. Its a sickness in the mind, cant figure out who i want to slap more sometimes, the prey or the predator

Barstool
udonmap.com

Post by Barstool » June 13, 2013, 5:38 pm

Neither "scammer" nor "idiot". These people, Edward and Thip, were in collusion with the film makers (who were backed by Screen Australia ie the Australian Government), please check out the credits at the end.
Furthermore the camera was to hand at too many incidents throughout the movie. Faction, mockumentary .. call it what you will.
Brilliant film and should be checked out by all "newbies". Good luck to all those involved; well made movie .. \:D/

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » June 13, 2013, 10:52 pm

Its difficult for the 1s that have not been scammed nit noi or full on to understand how good some of these woman are. If they gave out Oscars for scams and fleecing money from farangs no 1 will touch a thai. I know of guys married 6-7 years as soon as there back is turned the thai b/f moves in his house who incidentally has always been in the back ground waiting for the idiot farang to build a house for him and his wife.So don't class all the 1s who got stung as idiots or fools it happens to long term couples too.

plumbers
udonmap.com

Post by plumbers » June 13, 2013, 11:28 pm

I agree with what you say Vlad these ladies are experts , they pay expats lip service but never give their hearts they are out for what they can get . I get on well with my girl friend but i know when push comes to shove i would be left high and dry , but being forewarned you are forearmed.
Life for me is better in Thailand than the UK i have a reasonable life style but i keep my wits about me , i have been stung when i first arrived not a great amount of money but i think that is quite normal, my feet are firmly on the ground and my cash is for number one (ME)
We all need to remember life is hard and some of these people are very poor and they also have to do what they can to improve their life style, if that means telling old ugly farang she loves him with all her heart she will.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » June 14, 2013, 12:40 am

vlad wrote:Its difficult for the 1s that have not been scammed nit noi or full on to understand how good some of these woman are. If they gave out Oscars for scams and fleecing money from farangs no 1 will touch a thai. I know of guys married 6-7 years as soon as there back is turned the thai b/f moves in his house who incidentally has always been in the back ground waiting for the idiot farang to build a house for him and his wife.So don't class all the 1s who got stung as idiots or fools it happens to long term couples too.
It is also difficult to understand how naive/stupid some farangs are when they are involved with bar girls/prostitutes. Note that the lady would have put up with him if he had volunteered to do anything but get drunk every day and be a layabout. He was not interested in raising pigs, or helping around the house. He just complained and whinged day after day, which, obviously will grate on one's nerves after awhile.

He knew about the Yaa Mo memorial in Muang Khorat and should have taken the bull by the horns and performed some merit (tam boon).
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

thrilled
udonmap.com

Post by thrilled » June 15, 2013, 3:15 am

Hey some thai girls are good.If I hadn't been well schooled in the 70's when I was in the air force stationed at Udon,I could see having problems when I came back 30 some years later.

dezzer
udonmap.com

Post by dezzer » June 15, 2013, 3:01 pm

Show me good Thai girl,what a laugh,
Some of you people walk around blinkered there only after one thing MONEY. Leaches.
You'll Never Walk Alone L.F.C.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » June 15, 2013, 5:02 pm

dezzer wrote: by dezzer » June 15, 2013, 3:01 pm

Some of you people walk around blinkered there only after one thing MONEY. Leaches.
Then go home, with your attitude you will only give expats a bad name.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » June 15, 2013, 5:35 pm

I watched the entire movie and from what I can tell the guy was just a complete idiot. First and foremost...never turn over your money for the Thai girl to handle. If you do then you've just given away control and you're now dealing from a position of weakness and not strength. Money isn't everything to a Thai girl, but it's way ahead of whatever's in first place!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you think she's hanging around because of your good looks and your big heart then go look in the mirror. If she's got access to all your money and you're not dead yet, she certainly doesn't need that old bugger that's looking back at you.

Obviously the land on which he built the house and pig farm was in the girl's name, but if he had any scruples he would have put the improvements in his name. If she wasn't happy with such an arrangement whereby she would be entitled to his Thai estate in the event of his death, then that would have been a big red flag in the very beginning of the relationship. If he were back in England he certainly wouldn't build a house and put it in his wife's name unless he absolutely had to. It appears that he only had a village wedding and was not legally married, so he has by default forfeited his rights to any marital assets that he might otherwise be able to claim if he were legally married and then filed for divorce. Big mistake to give a girl a house and not be legally married to her.

I suspect that in the beginning her intentions were honorable, and if the guy was dumb enough to hand over all that he had on a silver platter, then what bird in her right mind wouldn't take it. She appears to be a very hardworking and industrious woman, but by all appearances this guy never lifted a finger to help around the house. Every time he's shown in the film he's surrounded by beer bottles and has a cig in his mouth. Those are two very expensive habits and no doubt she got fed up with working her butt off for peanuts and watching him sit around all day getting pissed and throwing away her hard earned money. Is it any wonder she wouldn't give him money to pay for HBO on the tele.

We also don't know how well he bonded with her family, especially her son. I've known guys here who say they love their wives but treat her children and immediate family with disdain. That sort of behavior will turn a women off quicker than you can bat an eye. In the end it was easy to see that she absolutely loathed the guy and had zero respect for him. There's nothing like the wrath of a scorned women, and my guess is he got everything that was due him!
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

Stevo
udonmap.com

Post by Stevo » June 15, 2013, 6:03 pm

coxo wrote:
dezzer wrote: by dezzer » June 15, 2013, 3:01 pm

Then go home, with your attitude you will only give expats a bad name.
+1 to that coxo =D>

I have my degree from WBU after my first Thai divorce, but it didn't put me off remarrying here. Slowly, slowly is the key... ;)

dezzer
udonmap.com

Post by dezzer » June 15, 2013, 7:16 pm

Some people are gluttons for punishment others have more money than sense step back and take a look at yourselfs.

mortiboy
udonmap.com

Post by mortiboy » June 15, 2013, 7:28 pm

dezzer wrote:Show me good Thai girl,what a laugh,
SAD but true! Well, 90% anyway. When youv'e got f/all,B/F pissed off, a couple of kids and a mum take care of, No education coz had to help out at the farm, Easy way out ... Get your farang.
But Never mind. If She takes care and treats you well all OK.But there is no guarantee.
If you become skint, chances are your in the "Goodbye" syndrome. :-"

dezzer
udonmap.com

Post by dezzer » June 15, 2013, 8:32 pm

Well said Mortboy.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » June 15, 2013, 8:52 pm

dezzer wrote:Well said Mortboy.
Birds of a feather ....... never truer words spoken. \:D/

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » June 15, 2013, 8:58 pm

dezzer wrote:Some people are gluttons for punishment others have more money than sense step back and take a look at yourselfs.
I am sure the many of us on this forum in successful long-term relationships can step back and have a look ........ at your misogynistic posts!

coxo clearly got it right.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » June 15, 2013, 9:08 pm

There were a couple of telling moments in this documentary. I haven't seen it for a few months but one was, 'Bye-bye forever,' and another was, 'Thai people work hard and have no money, farangs do little work but have lots of money'. The latter quote is obviously wrong but to the Thais who saw this guy in action whilst he was in Thailand, it is very true.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » June 15, 2013, 9:42 pm

Dezzer, with such an agro anti Thai outlook why are you posting and involved in a Thai forum? Maybe you were a little stupid and lost everything to a Thai girl hence your view? I have been here for 17 years and still enjoy myself and would not live any where else. Where do you live?

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » June 15, 2013, 10:03 pm

Yes we all have all read the forum site's but in all honesty the reputation of Thai girls here in England is zero. How many good stories do we here compared to the horror stories, they ALL can't be stupid. why are there so many bad post's about thieve's and scammers. There taught at a young age to find a farang, so there parents don't have to work. How many even on here have a relative of the family living scot free in there house.

Tafia
udonmap.com

Post by Tafia » June 15, 2013, 10:42 pm

vlad wrote:Yes we all have all read the forum site's but in all honesty the reputation of Thai girls here in England is zero. How many good stories do we here compared to the horror stories, they ALL can't be stupid. why are there so many bad post's about thieve's and scammers. There taught at a young age to find a farang, so there parents don't have to work. How many even on here have a relative of the family living scot free in there house.
How easy it is to judge all by your own limited experience. I see many pissed up farangs hanging around bars all day, it doesn't make all farangs drunks.
I must agree with coxo for those who are so disgruntled with how they have been treated in Thailand, they spend a lot of their time on Thai forums whining about it but are generally talking of coming back, I think if I felt so bad about the place I would leave and would be giving Thai forums as well as the country a very wide berth.
Judge as you wish to be judged, I am happy here, and you probably don't hear the good stories back in England because we just get on with our lives and don't keep harping on about it.
And for those who think it doesn't happen in the UK, I can tell you stories about my ex wife and how she ripped me off that would make any Thai look like an out and out amateur.
We all have our stories some good some bad, just live with it and move on!

Return to “Relationships”