what can i do to change family's opinion

Long distance relationships, mixed relationships etc...
Texpat
udonmap.com

Re: what can i do to change family's opinion

Post by Texpat » November 5, 2010, 9:27 pm

Offer a used Jazz and settle for a 2-dr Ranger.
Hold your line on window tinting and floor mats.
Collect all the VAT receipts for your trip back to Uganda, err... Blighty... err... Belggi. (you guys got a government yet?) lol.

Stevo
udonmap.com

Post by Stevo » November 5, 2010, 9:28 pm

pienmash wrote: to be blunt get ya self a new bird .. one without the cranky father - theres 000 s out there mate
Seconded! If I'm reading your posts correctly, it sounds like she has already ended the relationship...
sony wrote:i want some one to be like a "european" woman!
:-s So why don't you get yourself a "European" woman? :-k

In all honesty sony, if you bow and scrape to this girl's (or her parent's/father's) every whim from the outset... you'll be doing that for the rest of your days. Sorry to join the ranks of negative posters... but they are right!

Hot Potato? :-"

nkstan
udonmap.com

Post by nkstan » November 5, 2010, 9:29 pm

sony wrote:My god, i just ask for some advice
so if you can't help me, no problem, don't answer

so if someone is willing to help me thanks a lot!
if others got nothing else to do then writing their frustration to me, well go ahead

so again thanks, for the ones who are helping

sony
Fast response time,what is your posting time in belgium? :confused:

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » November 5, 2010, 9:44 pm

is this about language problems?, give the guy some descent reply or don't, how many american , english , aussie, can talk more than one language ....( think before you joke...),pffff, sorry i don't understand this.....

Texpat
udonmap.com

Post by Texpat » November 5, 2010, 9:47 pm

sony wrote:i want some one to be like a "european" woman!

Loads of ******** men in Udon. Why not just pick one?

sony
udonmap.com

Post by sony » November 5, 2010, 11:29 pm

i want someone who loves me for what i am and not what i have!
that's why not just another one!

i don't come to thailand to find someone!
it just happened like it can happen everywhere in the world

sorry to say that, but got the feeling that most of you just want a thai lady just to f.... and the reason is because they can't get a woman in their own country!

i'm not looking for meet!
Looking for a person!

Poor lady you live with! Because if that's how most of you think about those girls!

Texpat
udonmap.com

Post by Texpat » November 5, 2010, 11:35 pm

lol at ****** Too funny! "Septic" get the same treatment? Dinne'n tink so... lol sad little Wan kers.

Good luck sony. I wish you the best of luck.
Check out the Office at closing time. Look for the gentle-set boys drinking shandy.
They fancy a soft-spoken, confused type ready for some discreet action.
Helps if you can wear high heels.

Frans
udonmap.com

Post by Frans » November 6, 2010, 5:39 am

nkstan,

Belgium is running 6 hours behind Thai time zone; 12 midnight is 6 am in Thailand. But sometimes this change to 5 hours during summer time, if you still can follow the clock here.

That why Belgium people win so much on the horse races in BKK, because the know already the result.

This is the same in relations, Belgium man come to Thailand are mostly divorced, and have no problem to enjoy live ... with a 'ho', despite there ex-wife’s ….

Only 1 thing, most man have just 1 month holiday or less, and it coast more time as the holiday, to lay a serious Thai woman down, to taste the meat

Hope Sony understand it ;-)

Frans

23.39 PM

nkstan
udonmap.com

Post by nkstan » November 6, 2010, 6:55 am

I don't think sony is for real,just pulling our chain!
If I am wrong,it won't be the first time,nor the last! :roll:

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » November 6, 2010, 7:16 am

If Sony as you say that you are a UK citizen who works in Belgium then firstly I must say your language skills do not show that you have a good command of the ENGLISH LANGUAGE.
Now maybe just maybe I am being nationalistic but if I was the father seeing a young man who claims to come from England but with language skill akin that of a good english speaking Thai, I would raise a n eyebrow or two.
It would seem to me that although the mother is ok with the relationship ( but then mothers are always the ones that think of other things apart from language skills ) , and that father has put his foot down and now we have an impasse. You ask us to advise you on what to do.
Many options but in the main, I do agree with the considered opinions of many that a marriage would not be the best way forward at this time and also bearing in mind the situation in getting any sort of visa to Europe and definitely the UK, you would be on sticky ground in any event.
You could pursue a relationship in which you popped over to see her on a regular basis and after a longer period of time , wear the family down to thinking that you are in fact a good person.
Or you could accept the fact that this is not on the cards and seek happiness elsewhere.
If as I suspect that you are not a native Englishman then I ask why did you choose Thailand to seek your life long partner, like others I do find your comments juvenile and needing clarification, and I really doubt your sincerity, but if you are as depicted a lovelorn male seeking his true partner than all and every obstacle will be overcome, but my final piece of advice is to get on with it and stop talking about it OK!!
Last edited by Khun Paul on November 6, 2010, 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » November 6, 2010, 7:16 am

nkstan wrote:I don't think sony is for real,just pulling our chain!
Whether he is real or not, is not important. This is a forum and the scenario he gives in the original post is a possibly real situation. The answers to which could be interesting and helpful to someone . Would it therefore, be asking too much that we all, as adults, mostly living in Thailand,could reply, using our collective experience, to answer the original question and not go off on a tangent as to his nationality, his motives or whether he may be a troll ? What does it matter if he is? If you stick to the subject you will deprive him of any satisfaction, where as , if you carry on in the current manner, he will be having a laugh. Object achieved . :confused:
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

nkstan
udonmap.com

Post by nkstan » November 6, 2010, 7:39 am

trubrit wrote:
nkstan wrote:I don't think sony is for real,just pulling our chain!
Whether he is real or not, is not important. This is a forum and the scenario he gives in the original post is a possibly real situation. The answers to which could be interesting and helpful to someone . Would it therefore, be asking too much that we all, as adults, mostly living in Thailand,could reply, using our collective experience, to answer the original question and not go off on a tangent as to his nationality, his motives or whether he may be a troll ? What does it matter if he is? If you stick to the subject you will deprive him of any satisfaction, where as , if you carry on in the current manner, he will be having a laugh. Object achieved . :confused:
:lol: Good point! :D

pienmash
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by pienmash » November 6, 2010, 8:01 am

Reading back thru sonys posts im of the mind its a jape , ive got him down as a lonely ###### gay soldier serving in Belgium that would also explain his piss poor English !!

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » November 6, 2010, 12:30 pm

Sony, you say you have been in this Relationship for two years, so my question is; have you been sending any kind of support for the Family ?? If not then the Father may see you as a Cheap Charlie, and not worthy of his Daughter. Understanding the Thai way is important,even if you don't agree with it. You obviously need to communicate better with your Thai partner, or you are destined to failure !!

Frans
udonmap.com

Post by Frans » November 6, 2010, 3:43 pm

Hallo To all,

Cane someone explain and translate the perfect following English words edited by 'Pienmash'; jape, ######, (s)ony, im, ive? Because as a Belgium citizen, I only speak&understand piss English, :mrgreen:

"Our collective experience"? Hope the server from U.M. is big enough to share this 'collective experience’ :-k But fore the rest, You have made The point, Truebrit =D>

Posted on Nov 4 2010, 10,32PM by Sony; She decided to stay with parents and accept live like it comes and to stop "our relation" So problem solved :crying:

Frans.

Stevo
udonmap.com

Post by Stevo » November 6, 2010, 3:54 pm

Frans wrote:Hallo To all,

Cane someone explain and translate the perfect following English words edited by 'Pienmash'; jape, ######, (s)ony, im, ive? Because as a Belgium citizen, I only speak&understand piss English, :mrgreen: Frans.
Jape = Joke
###### = Abbreviation of septic tank (Rhyming slang for 'Yank') ... Yank = American person
I'm = I am
I've = I have

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » November 6, 2010, 4:58 pm

Easy Peasy :D

pienmash
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by pienmash » November 6, 2010, 5:24 pm

Hey TP missed you today ...... i forgot Saturdays the day you go to your English language therapist

hangsaboot
udonmap.com

Post by hangsaboot » November 6, 2010, 6:20 pm

may one ask what sums of money you have spent on her and her family .
maybe they think u cheap charlie .

UP THE BHART . LEARN THAI CULTURE :D LOL

Glyn
udonmap.com

Post by Glyn » November 6, 2010, 9:24 pm

Sony are you really from the UK, your use of the English language says otherwise, either that or you have got yourself into that terrible habit of talking pigeon language to everyone on the forum, that's quite unusual for such a young man, I normally only see this problem when talking to our more senior citizens. Anyway all this sounds a little suspicious and I get the impression we are not being given the full picture, maybe you have a hidden agenda?? Although I cannot guess wot it is. One thing I've noticed I've never noticed an OP answer so rapidly and maintain the course of his thread with such skill and attention as you have here.

Many Thais will never ask directly for money, but that doesn't mean that is not the issue. "Up to you" actually means something very different here. Then maybe it's not about money, but any good parent would want their child to be happy, and if their daughter is truly happy then as good parents they would allow her to continue her relationSHIP with you... are you making her truly happy? Just being young doesn't qualify you to be UTs most eligible bachelor, are you athletic, good looking, charismatic, knowledgeable, have you an entrepreneurial flair (coz your state pension is some way off yet) so to some ladies that 60yr old is a more suitable candidate than you. If you are finding it hard to show her a good time then she already has your number, and she won't embarrass you with the truth, Thais love to lye don't you know? Using the parents to dump you in this way is her way of being polite.

Return to “Relationships”