Where to Replace an iPad Battery

Technical Questions & Discussions about Computers, IT & electronics.
semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Where to Replace an iPad Battery

Post by semperfiguy » April 17, 2022, 5:28 pm

Has anyone replaced an iPad battery, and if so, where did you take it and how much did it cost? My wife has an iPad Air 2 from 2014 that still works beautifully, but the battery drains way too fast. Your comments are much appreciated!

Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

stereolab
udonmap.com

Re: Where to Replace an iPad Battery

Post by stereolab » April 17, 2022, 6:25 pm

Before spending money, do some basic settings checks. Turn down your screen brightness , do a deep clean of unwanted apps and duplicate files etc. make sure you have the latest IOS update installed.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » April 17, 2022, 7:12 pm

semperfiguy wrote:
April 17, 2022, 5:28 pm
Has anyone replaced an iPad battery, and if so, where did you take it and how much did it cost? My wife has an iPad Air 2 from 2014 that still works beautifully, but the battery drains way too fast. Your comments are much appreciated!
Yes, I’ve just replaced my iPad Air 2 battery along with the charging port. I did get a genuine, or at least better battery, that had to be sent from Bangkok, that one was ฿2,000 it was a couple of hundred more than the ones he keeps in stock. I don’t remember the cost of the less expensive version. He gives a 6 month guarantee on the battery

He will run a test to confirm that the battery needs replacement.

The stall is in central beside the escalators at the back on the 2nd floor. Don’t get there too early as he seems to get there after 11am
96640998-64D7-48C9-B41F-725FD58A07F8.jpeg
96640998-64D7-48C9-B41F-725FD58A07F8.jpeg (32.44 KiB) Viewed 2486 times
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » April 18, 2022, 8:27 am

Thanks for the advice guys. Will take it to Sometimewoodworker's recommendation. I genuinely appreciate your responses.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » April 18, 2022, 6:43 pm

yes this guy from D.A.Mobile is very good , and charges normal prices ,he does repairs of any brand ... i am glad my former info posted about this shop is helping out others ...
viewtopic.php?f=131&t=52252&p=599027&hi ... ir#p599027
;)

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » April 18, 2022, 7:34 pm

kopkei wrote:
April 18, 2022, 6:43 pm
yes this guy from D.A.Mobile is very good , and charges normal prices ,he does repairs of any brand ... i am glad my former info posted about this shop is helping out others ...
viewtopic.php?f=131&t=52252&p=599027&hi ... ir#p599027
;)
It was your post that I looked at before I got mine done, thanks

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » April 28, 2022, 8:43 am

semperfiguy wrote:
April 18, 2022, 8:27 am
Thanks for the advice guys. Will take it to Sometimewoodworker's recommendation. I genuinely appreciate your responses.
Have you got the iPad battery replaced yet?

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » April 28, 2022, 9:54 am

sometimewoodworker wrote:
April 28, 2022, 8:43 am
semperfiguy wrote:

Good Morning STWW! We took the iPad in just after you made your recommendation, and it seems that two of his employees caught Covid and were in quarantine which put him behind on his work. He initially wanted to keep the iPad for a few days to complete the work, but we said "no". We decided to just come back in 10 days, which will be tomorrow, and let him install it then while we wait. I'll let you know how it goes.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » April 29, 2022, 7:30 am

semperfiguy wrote:
April 28, 2022, 9:54 am
sometimewoodworker wrote:
April 28, 2022, 8:43 am
semperfiguy wrote:

Good Morning STWW! We took the iPad in just after you made your recommendation, and it seems that two of his employees caught Covid and were in quarantine which put him behind on his work. He initially wanted to keep the iPad for a few days to complete the work, but we said "no". We decided to just come back in 10 days, which will be tomorrow, and let him install it then while we wait. I'll let you know how it goes.
I would plan to go shopping or have lunch while the work is being done as taking the display off can take some time due to it needing to be heated to soften the glue. FWIW my iPad was slightly bent and he took the time to flatten it.

Return to “Computers, IT & Electronics”