Two CCTV systems ONE router

Technical Questions & Discussions about Computers, IT & electronics.
vincemunday
udonmap.com

Two CCTV systems ONE router

Post by vincemunday » May 2, 2020, 2:15 pm

I have a dilemma, I have two CCTV systems (they must stay separate) that are connected to the router. Both systems use XMEye software and I need to be able to see both via mobile phone etc, maybe even at the same time. Obviously I can see the original system but XMEye can’t see the second system unless i disconnect the first.

I’m pretty sure it’s going to be something to do with the IP addresses but I’ve never done anything like this before and I wondered if anyone had and could help?

The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Two CCTV systems ONE router

Post by tamada » May 2, 2020, 7:31 pm

Is that XMEye or XMEye Pro? Both apps are free but the description doesn't say if the latter supports parallel cctv network access. Most free software assumes there's only one cctv network? Maybe a paid app will offer more flexibility?

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Re: Two CCTV systems ONE router

Post by vincemunday » May 2, 2020, 7:39 pm

I’ve sorted it now thanks Tam, the original XMEye supports multiple systems, I have actually asked UM to delete this now.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Return to “Computers, IT & Electronics”