sandisc dual stick / OTG

Technical Questions & Discussions about Computers, IT & electronics.
geordiegeordie
udonmap.com

sandisc dual stick / OTG

Post by geordiegeordie » January 31, 2020, 3:47 pm

Help!

Maybe you techie guys can help?

I bought one of the dual memory sticks intending to download photo's from my smartphone to my PC.

My phone isn't listed as OTG so not working.

Anyone know what I need to comply?

Thanks in advance

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Re: sandisc dual stick / OTG

Post by Stantheman » January 31, 2020, 7:27 pm

I had problem with my phone recognizing the memory stick, I googled how to correct and found instuctions on how to do. It's an android phone and had to change settings, think had to turn on developer option plus a couple of other things.

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » January 31, 2020, 8:01 pm

<< I bought one of the dual memory sticks intending to download photo's from my smartphone to my PC. >>
You wish to transfer photos from your phone to your pc...
1 -- Why NOT use your WIFI ???
2 -- Why NOT use your charging cable ( data transfer cable ) direct connection from the phone to your PC ??
As mentioned above you must set your phone ( most newer phones ) on transfer mode...(SENDING) and this you would need to follow the instruction for your particular phone. Sometimes the wording proves to be a problem. Recently i was asked to make a photo transfer from a Huewei Y9 to a laptop, one of the offered options was : Files transfer but it included photo transfer.
Good luck.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » January 31, 2020, 8:07 pm

My understanding is that if your phone/tablet is not born with OTG, it is very difficult to introduce that function ie both firmware and software changes are required, if it can be done at all.

the-monk is on the right track.

geordiegeordie
udonmap.com

Post by geordiegeordie » January 31, 2020, 8:54 pm

Thanks for replies Gents, I'll try again tomorrow.

bluejets
udonmap.com

Post by bluejets » February 2, 2020, 6:35 am

the-monk wrote:
January 31, 2020, 8:01 pm
<< I bought one of the dual memory sticks intending to download photo's from my smartphone to my PC. >>
You wish to transfer photos from your phone to your pc...
1 -- Why NOT use your WIFI ???
2 -- Why NOT use your charging cable ( data transfer cable ) direct connection from the phone to your PC ??
As mentioned above you must set your phone ( most newer phones ) on transfer mode...(SENDING) and this you would need to follow the instruction for your particular phone. Sometimes the wording proves to be a problem. Recently i was asked to make a photo transfer from a Huewei Y9 to a laptop, one of the offered options was : Files transfer but it included photo transfer.
Good luck.
As many know, when one first buys a particular device there may be one initial intention.
As time passes, one finds other uses for the OTG such as adding memory, the ability to view OTG stored files which normally could overload the phone memory, all when away from a PC.

I use mine for travel details, bookings, backup of important documents all very useful when booking in to a hotel etc.
AS luck would have it, the new phone I bought has OTG facility but as I found the other day, may not have a magnetometer, so I may yet be screwed for using a simple compass app.
I say maybe as there may yet be some aspect of the phone switched off and as it seems the norm these days, no instruction manual when one buys the phone.

Edit: ...Goes without saying, buy a decent OTG stick.
I did and previous to my purchase I did some checking and found that others were not so lucky and bought elcheapo duds.

What is the brand model number and version of the software on your phone.??

Return to “Computers, IT & Electronics”