Samsung inverter air conditioner

Technical Questions & Discussions about Computers, IT & electronics.
Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Samsung inverter air conditioner

Post by Marcosteffano » October 15, 2019, 9:49 am

I have two air cons that I've had for 7 years and had nothing but problems with them not cooling.trying to get a Samsung repair man out under the so called 10 year warranty is a joke.dont know what's happening but the guy I've just had in just held up a cable with what looks like sensors on both ends from the compressor part outside.i believe this part might be called a thermistor,in other words a heat sensor.
I do get constant black outs and I'm thinking maybe this might be the cause but I'm just guessing.
I just would like to know if anyone else out there has had this problem with the inverter type unit and how they have solved the problem.
It's only the inverter type units as I have 11 other standard units that run perfectly.
My advice about this bs of saving money using inverter air con is bs sales.ive only saved money on electric because they don't work.
I paid 25,000b each and could of saved 10,000b by just getting standard units.

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Re: Samsung inverter air conditioner

Post by RLTrader » October 15, 2019, 3:40 pm

:lol: Have same problem. Being its in a room where the AC is rarely used, the most I've done is talk to my service guy about a replacement and didn't like the # given for the old unit or that he wanted to charge me 2k for install of a new Mitsubishi unit.

I rarely have black outs or power going off, Tried repair once, worked a couple of times after, but the next time nothing cool coming out, so gave up spending any more on unit, as repair guy not very encouraging.

Before doing anything else was going to call Nimit AC Service to see if there was a fix, but that was six months ago and still have not called. Will be interested in anything you find out or do.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » October 15, 2019, 5:02 pm

I won't buy another inverter air conditioner again. I bought a Panasonic 12,000 BTU that never worked right from day one. While it was under warranty the servicemen checked it out a couple times, did nothing to it and told us it was working properly. Just after the one year warranty was up, it developed a fault light. Panasonic service told me it needed a new circuit board. They wanted 7,000 baht plus a service charge. No way was I going to spend that money on something that never worked properly anyways. It is now sitting outside in the shed gathering dust.

Inverters may be more efficient but I think the Thai technicians are not skilled enough to repair them. Kind of like new car dealers, they don't repair anything, just replace parts until the problem goes away.

I have a non-inverter 9.000 BTU Samsung in the bedroom that still works just fine after more than 11 years.

86Tiger
udonmap.com

Post by 86Tiger » October 16, 2019, 10:16 am

We have one Samsung inverter A/C for little over 2 years. Only problem it ever had is when filter dirty cooling diminishes. I will have no problem buying another.

As always YMMV

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 16, 2019, 9:25 pm

Maybe the first generation Samsung inverters from about 7 or 8 years ago are more susceptible to voltage fluctuations, outages and the like? I was leery about installing an inverter unit in the kids bedroom last April since casa tam has really low voltage most evenings around song thoom. I've had a standard Hitachi unit in the master bedroom for maybe 4 years and it hasn't missed a beat. However, the LG inverter hasn't thrown a wobbly yet. While I was away, the niece reckoned it wasn't cooling so she washed the filters. Sorted... same as the Hitachi filters when it seems to lose its cooling edge.

We are just of the east ring road and the there's a persistent-fine dust that coats everything very quickly. We do the aircon filters monthly and once a year, before it gets too hot, the units get stripped and get a bit of a power wash from a neighbors kid who installs the things.

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » October 17, 2019, 10:46 am

Thanks for the replies.im still waiting for somchai to get back to me with the new thermistor sensor.i have 11 other standard Hitachi,Samsung,lg units that haven't ever given me a problem.in fact the battered old of units that look as old as my mother in law work a treat.ill wait for somchai air conditioning company plc ltd.co.anywhere to finish planting rice and come give me the bad news.

Return to “Computers, IT & Electronics”