Internet Provider.

Technical Questions & Discussions about Computers, IT & electronics.
Old Grumpy
udonmap.com

Internet Provider.

Post by Old Grumpy » May 1, 2018, 2:48 pm

Hi everybody this seems like a helpful forum so perhaps some -one would be good enough to give me a few pointers .
I will be having to get an internet provider and was wondering who you think might be the best. Talking to a couple of guys last night and got the impression that TOT wasn't very good but 3BB was .I will be having a desk top and a couple of mobiles running and looking for 100/50 or maybe a bit more and paying up to 1,000bht a month .Any suggestions please .

Age is a matter of mind.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.
Mark Twain,

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Re: Internet Provider.

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 2, 2018, 2:10 pm

Old Grumpy wrote:
May 1, 2018, 2:48 pm
Hi everybody this seems like a helpful forum so perhaps some -one would be good enough to give me a few pointers .
I will be having to get an internet provider and was wondering who you think might be the best. Talking to a couple of guys last night and got the impression that TOT wasn't very good but 3BB was .I will be having a desk top and a couple of mobiles running and looking for 100/50 or maybe a bit more and paying up to 1,000bht a month .Any suggestions please .
We've got TOT as it's the only fibre that comes out into the villages. The only time it goes out is when there is a power cut and it's quite possible that if I had a UPS on the router it would still be OK.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 2, 2018, 2:59 pm

It really does depend on where you are ...... I'm 5 km North of Udon and 3BB is by far the "least bad" of all my options but as STWW says in some places TOT is better, so if you have connected people locally, its best to consult them and find out what their experiences are.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » May 2, 2018, 3:10 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
May 2, 2018, 2:59 pm
It really does depend on where you are ...... I'm 5 km North of Udon and 3BB is by far the "least bad" of all my options but as STWW says in some places TOT is better, so if you have connected people locally, its best to consult them and find out what their experiences are.
We are 50 km east of Udon and 3BB were the only provider when we signed up 2 years ago. We run a laptop, 2 phones and a KODI box all with no problems all with the 699 Baht package.

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » May 2, 2018, 3:53 pm

I have tried a few ,now have the fibre TOT just checked 58.73 down load,18.61 down , in the middle of a Trop 631.30 bht per month , nephews 400 mtrs away are happy with 3bb , i've never tried that , just a bit more expensive , 690 i think ,

samuel
udonmap.com

Post by samuel » May 2, 2018, 4:04 pm

it depends where your location is.
3BB is available all around the city but in remote areas maybe not.
3BB is reliable and the people at the help desk are fluent in english conversation.
i have 3bb for almost 10 years now.
satisfied.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » May 2, 2018, 4:13 pm

I Have TRUEVISIONS Here,have had for about past 8 Years NO Problems,Apart from when we have a powercut...853 Baht inc VAT Per Month...

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » May 2, 2018, 7:31 pm

I have TOT fiber and it is excellent. My computer and router run off my solar system so power cuts do not affect me.

frankieboy37
udonmap.com

Post by frankieboy37 » May 2, 2018, 7:47 pm

Where you are located is clearly very important and so my answer may not be of any help depending on where the OP is. In downtown Udon I have found AIS, as recommended by another good downtown friend, to have performed beyond expectations over the last year and a half. They offer a 10% discount if by chance you are also a customer by another service and this year they also offered a reduction in the monthly price when we went in to our second year. We currently pay 470.80 baht (including the 10% discount)per month and rarely ever is the speed less than 30 mpbs.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » May 2, 2018, 8:30 pm

I'm in Loei province. Before TOT ran a cable through I had horrible service from True with a 4G aircard.

Return to “Computers, IT & Electronics”