Amazing Amazon

Technical Questions & Discussions about Computers, IT & electronics.
parrot
udonmap.com

Amazing Amazon

Post by parrot » March 30, 2017, 7:24 pm

I haven't bought anything from Amazon for a year or so, and only then when I was back in the US on vacation. Apparently, while using my Amazon account then, I signed up for 1-click service.
Today, after reading a review of The Life of Nixon by John Farrell, I decided to order it for download to my tablet. Once I opted for the kindle version, I clicked 'one click order'. And that was the end of it. Less than a minute later, I checked my tablet, and there was the book. Done deal, lock stock and barrel.
Just amazing!

GARYZX6R
udonmap.com

Re: Amazing Amazon

Post by GARYZX6R » March 30, 2017, 9:03 pm

Blimey Parrot ,its taken you this long to find out about 1 click ? Its still going strong, good piece of kit the kindle.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » April 1, 2017, 9:34 am

For us living here in Thailand, Amazon is nearly useless unless you want to pay more for shipping than the product cost. Not only that but companies like FedEx are in bed with Thai customs so you also get hit with another cost that often exceeds the cost of the product. Amazon refuses to use the US Mail apparently because there is no kickback from the postal service. The last purchase I made from Amazon was for some vitamins. The total cost ended up about three times the advertised price.

I do love my Kindles and have purchased three of them. A good friend of mine comes to Thailand every year and he brings them over for me.

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » April 1, 2017, 11:48 am

What model Kindle do you guys own and how do you like it?

I bought the Paperwhite model 3 years ago during a sale so cost was just under $100USD. It does the job and I've been happy with it. It has froze up on me a few times, but turning it off and back on fixes that.

Just wondering if the Oasis and Voyager models are worth the (much) higher price? :-k

If I buy a new one I'll get it when in the US. Amazons OS shipping charge is ridiculous.
UFF DA!

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » April 1, 2017, 5:51 pm

I fell asleep reading my first Kindle. I think I rolled over on it while sleeping and it was toast. My friend brought me a new Paperwhite and I loved it. His last trip I had him bring me another Paperwhite for a spare.

My wife likes it too. I don't have to have the bedside light on while reading. The battery life isn't as good as the original but charging it maybe once a week is not so bad. The battery would last longer if I turned the backlight off but that would defeat the purpose.

Return to “Computers, IT & Electronics”