Free VPN site

Technical Questions & Discussions about Computers, IT & electronics.
bumper
udonmap.com

Free VPN site

Post by bumper » January 3, 2016, 5:25 pm

At lunch recently a guy mentioned a site I believe he said it Halo that you could download to get the free TV sites in the U.S. and you could get netficks on your computer if you have a U.S. address. Anyone know anything about it?

I'm clueless when it comes to things like this. I would just ask the guy, But, I have only met him the one time

I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

747man
udonmap.com

Free VPN site

Post by 747man » January 3, 2016, 5:33 pm

I've Got Cyberghost Free for 3 Hours a day,But Buffers quite a lot on the FREE Site,However if you upgrade by paying ( Which I DID Last Week ) It's Good for UK TV,Now to get Netflix you have to know SOMEBODY Who has paid for it in the U.K & Enter THEIR Password, NO Buffering on Netflix.....BTW, If you have a VPN ,You cannot post on UM....Says the ip address is BLOCKED...Wonder Why ???

dugles
udonmap.com

Free VPN site

Post by dugles » January 3, 2016, 8:10 pm

Try Zenmate its free

Bouph
udonmap.com

Free VPN site

Post by Bouph » January 3, 2016, 9:18 pm

[-X
Last edited by Bouph on May 24, 2018, 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

BigBubba
udonmap.com

Free VPN site

Post by BigBubba » January 4, 2016, 2:30 pm

Bouph wrote:He almost certainly means Hola. Plenty of information available if you Google it.
I've recently installed Hola and have been testing it for a couple weeks before dropping my paid VPN (Nord). So far, so good. I can access Netflix, my bank in America, SSA website (this one is impossible to access with a foreign IP address), and others. Totally free and easy to use.
Every day I wake up is a good day.

bumper
udonmap.com

Free VPN site

Post by bumper » January 4, 2016, 8:07 pm

Hola has to be the one the guy was talking about. Can you keep is updated on how it's working out

I will check the net on it

Thanks
I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

Bouph
udonmap.com

Free VPN site

Post by Bouph » January 5, 2016, 9:50 am

[-X
Last edited by Bouph on May 24, 2018, 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

parrot
udonmap.com

Free VPN site

Post by parrot » January 5, 2016, 10:42 am

BigBubba
udonmap.com

Free VPN site

Post by BigBubba » January 5, 2016, 12:38 pm

parrot wrote:Cost of a free lunch - http://www.techtimes.com/articles/56706 ... dwidth.htm
Important info, thanks. Guess $5/month doesn't seem so expensive after all. :roll:

Charlieb
udonmap.com

Free VPN site

Post by Charlieb » January 5, 2016, 1:51 pm

Dennis: As I told you before just get an Android TV box. You would not need Netflix or any other paid movie sources hence probably no need for VPN

Bouph
udonmap.com

Free VPN site

Post by Bouph » January 6, 2016, 6:05 am

[-X
Last edited by Bouph on May 24, 2018, 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

bumper
udonmap.com

Free VPN site

Post by bumper » January 6, 2016, 7:28 pm

I agree good to know I haven't done anything yet I did find one for $12.00 a month I really have no problem with that. But, will it do the same thing a HOLA?

BigBubba
udonmap.com

Free VPN site

Post by BigBubba » January 7, 2016, 1:19 pm

bumper wrote:I agree good to know I haven't done anything yet I did find one for $12.00 a month I really have no problem with that. But, will it do the same thing a HOLA?
Don't have to pay that much Ray. Go here: https://nordvpn.com/

They are highly recommended in the tech community and have 1 month, 3 month, 6 month, and one year plans. $8/monthly or $48/yearly. I used them for 6 months with no problems.

mickojak
udonmap.com

Free VPN site

Post by mickojak » January 7, 2016, 6:11 pm

I'm intrigued.
Can some of you tech savy people explain what a VPN site is and why I nned one???
Thanks
Mick

bumper
udonmap.com

Free VPN site

Post by bumper » January 12, 2016, 12:01 pm

Thanks to the information here I go Netflix with no VPN needed. I have true for a internet provider I lose the signal sometimes as often as every 15 mins Anyone else using true and having the same kind of problem True Internet is coming over today and check things out.

The computer I'm using is a lap top hat I used with a VPN a few years ago and had no problem.

Anyone else experiencing this?

bumper
udonmap.com

Free VPN site

Post by bumper » January 12, 2016, 12:01 pm

Thanks to the information here I go Netflix with no VPN needed. I have true for a internet provider I lose the signal sometimes as often as every 15 mins Anyone else using true and having the same kind of problem True Internet is coming over today and check things out.

The computer I'm using is a lap top hat I used with a VPN a few years ago and had no problem.

Anyone else experiencing this?

the-monk
udonmap.com

Free VPN site

Post by the-monk » January 12, 2016, 12:11 pm

Same here we have TRUE Move tv + Internet... TV we don t watch... But i am using my laptop via our router WIFI... We regularly lose the signal and we live with several short interruptions, in addition to that we are cut-off ( disconnected from the network ) just about any time the laptop is idle for more than a few minutes. Technicians came and apparently it s all OK.

bumper
udonmap.com

Free VPN site

Post by bumper » January 12, 2016, 4:07 pm

They came and checked mine found a setting on the lap top was wrong changed that and everything is working fine now

BigBubba
udonmap.com

Free VPN site

Post by BigBubba » January 13, 2016, 4:45 pm

bumper wrote:Thanks to the information here I go Netflix with no VPN needed...

See my comment in the Netflix thread: http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/p ... 9c#p445214

Return to “Computers, IT & Electronics”