Fox news channel off sync

Technical Questions & Discussions about Computers, IT & electronics.
semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » May 16, 2014, 7:49 am

For the past two weeks I have seen that the sound and the movement of the lips on Fox News Channel is off sync and it's driving me crazy. My wife says she doesn't notice it. Is anybody else having this experience with Fox, or is it just me?

Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

GARYZX6R
udonmap.com

Post by GARYZX6R » May 16, 2014, 8:49 am

No SFG its on Home cable too.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » May 16, 2014, 8:57 am

semperfiguy wrote:For the past two weeks I have seen that the sound and the movement of the lips on Fox News Channel is off sync and it's driving me crazy. My wife says she doesn't notice it. Is anybody else having this experience with Fox, or is it just me?
Forgot to mention that I have Home Cable TV.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » May 16, 2014, 12:24 pm

Ha ha. Fox News is sure off sync. It's 24 hour right wing lunatic propaganda. From Wikipedia:

"While the network has been criticized for its tendency to support the Republican Party and its interests, David Frum, former speechwriter for George W. Bush, has also said, "Republicans originally thought that Fox worked for us and now we're discovering we work for Fox."

GT93: The inmates from the nut house are now sadly running the Republican Party. Buddha help America.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » May 16, 2014, 12:36 pm

Well, this thread is shifting off topic now, but the truth is that none of the major news stations are simply presenting the unbiased news anymore. They all are pushing an agenda, and Fox just happens to be the only one that is pushing a conservative one. Fox is fair and balanced if you are a conservative republican who is against the current administration, and the others are fair and balanced if one is a liberal democrat that is pro Obama. That doesn't necessarily mean that the manner in which Fox presents the news is BS, it just means that for some of us their version of the truth lines up with our personal world view and we enjoy watching it. When we watch CNN or MSNBC then we have the same reaction that you do when you watch Fox News. Neither of us are wrong, we just process information differently depending on our deep seeded beliefs about a range of topics.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » May 16, 2014, 12:40 pm

Mod Note:
Keep this on topic.
semperfiguy is entitled to watch whatever he feels like & ask for help in this way without the need for others to try & inflict THEIR political views on to him..

Sorry. can't help on cable also...
Have you tried viewing Videos via
http://www.foxnews.com/
instead.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » May 16, 2014, 1:57 pm

I can't reply sfg. Good luck with your problem.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » May 16, 2014, 2:27 pm

On a few occasions over many years, the sound/picture has been out of sync on a few channels.....CNN, CNBC, among others. It happens rarely, and usually not for long. You might try shutting everything down and rebooting....that might help. If not, the out-of-sync channel shouldn't last long.

GARYZX6R
udonmap.com

Post by GARYZX6R » May 16, 2014, 4:02 pm

SFG we dont have to justify to anyone what news program we watch. He probably watches Russia today or Al -Jazeera . :roll:

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » May 16, 2014, 9:41 pm

the Movie Channel on Home Cable has the video way way out of synch with the audio on occasion. Seems like it is 10-20 seconds. Don't know why that is but I'm figuring they're bootlegging the movies from a pirate site and the download's goofy...
Dave

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » May 17, 2014, 1:18 am

GARYZX6R wrote:SFG we dont have to justify to anyone what news program we watch. He probably watches Russia today or Al -Jazeera . :roll:
That's a good temporary solution Gary - watch more of Al Jazeera. It has many good items on it and is strong on international news. I celebrate Al Jazeera. The appearance of media such as Al Jazeera in such a troubled part of the world is fantastic. Those cheering for democracy and civilization will be happy with this.

I'm not familiar with Russia today. Perhaps you're winding me up? If it supports strong and big government then it might appeal to Bush republicans and some Fox viewers.

I think there are still far more moderate conservatives than radical conservatives. What media serves the needs of moderate conservatives? There's a big gap in the market there. I hope someone steps in to fill it. Then it would be less annoying when a channel such as Fox is having some technical problems on our TVs.

pomps
udonmap.com

Post by pomps » May 19, 2014, 10:53 am

Just watching now Huckabee on Fox :shock: about one second out of synch :guitar:

GARYZX6R
udonmap.com

Post by GARYZX6R » May 19, 2014, 3:15 pm

GT93 wrote:
GARYZX6R wrote:SFG we dont have to justify to anyone what news program we watch. He probably watches Russia today or Al -Jazeera . :roll:
That's a good temporary solution Gary - watch more of Al Jazeera. It has many good items on it and is strong on international news. I celebrate Al Jazeera. The appearance of media such as Al Jazeera in such a troubled part of the world is fantastic. Those cheering for democracy and civilization will be happy with this.

I'm not familiar with Russia today. Perhaps you're winding me up? If it supports strong and big government then it might appeal to Bush republicans and some Fox viewers.

I think there are still far more moderate conservatives than radical conservatives. What media serves the needs of moderate conservatives? There's a big gap in the market there. I hope someone steps in to fill it. Then it would be less annoying when a channel such as Fox is having some technical problems on our TVs.
Never seen Russia Today in Thailand but was worth a watch in UK for a different viewpoint. Max Keiser was entertaining :D

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » May 19, 2014, 5:18 pm

Gentlemen, the topic of this thread is the technical question of whether the sound and video on the Fox News broadcast station are out of sync with each other. Political discussion might be appropriate in another thread, perhaps, but certainly not this one. Thanks!!

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 19, 2014, 7:12 pm

I dont really mind if Fox is out of sync ... its only a second out if that and the scenery makes up for it .. I truly hope all these ladies are typical Americans ...bloomin stunners all of them .. makes even the worst news bearable !! i hope this post will not be removed as its a genuine attempt to cheer up those who are depressed by the off syncness.

Anna Kooiman
Maria Molina the weather girl
Jessica Gillfolye
AND MY NUMBER 1 FAVOURITE ..who cares if its in sync with totty like this
Lauren Simonetti

DM .... taking Fox's sync problems seriously
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

pomps
udonmap.com

Post by pomps » May 24, 2014, 3:33 pm

Well I never :shock: ,just watching fox news The Five and it is back in sync,must have needed being taken off air for the correction =D>

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » June 11, 2014, 6:43 pm

Some very interesting demographics here:

Fox News vs. The Rest: Liberal Group Reports the Most-Trusted & Least Trusted Names in News

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/06/146409- ... ing-group/

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » June 11, 2014, 7:47 pm

semperfiguy wrote:Some very interesting demographics here:

Fox News vs. The Rest: Liberal Group Reports the Most-Trusted & Least Trusted Names in News

That's a sad commentary on the gullibility of the American public. I prefer the news that allows me to make up my own mind....rather than commentary offered with the news that tries to instill a view for me. I don't question the numbers in the poll.......as I've met a fair share of people who share the views offered on Fox.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 11, 2014, 8:00 pm

parrot wrote:
semperfiguy wrote:Some very interesting demographics here:

That's a sad commentary on the gullibility of the American public. I prefer the news that allows me to make up my own mind....rather than commentary offered with the news that tries to instill a view for me. I don't question the numbers in the poll.......as I've met a fair share of people who share the views offered on Fox.
Interesting that you should post that today parrot.
I was watching Sky News yesterday and they were talking to various "experts" about what being "British" meant ..... What was "Britishness"? ...... and one of the things that several people said, was that the difference between Brits and the rest of the world, was that their first thoughts on being told something was to ask Why?, and question everything they were being told, whereas in America,they said they were programmed to believe and accept what they are told without question .......... I've never been to the states, so I can't comment on if they are right or not .... but being a Brit I can question it :-"

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » June 11, 2014, 8:28 pm

Interesting that you should post that today parrot.
I was watching Sky News yesterday and they were talking to various "experts" about what being "British" meant ..... What was "Britishness"? ...... and one of the things that several people said, was that the difference between Brits and the rest of the world, was that their first thoughts on being told something was to ask Why?, and question everything they were being told, whereas in America,they said they were programmed to believe and accept what they are told without question .......... I've never been to the states, so I can't comment on if they are right or not .... but being a Brit I can question it :-"
Hello Stattointhailand! I'd say we Americans are no different than other Western societies in that the better educated people are not easily led like sheep to the slaughter. We are taught critical thinking so most of us can figure out when we are being fed a line of BS. I generally vote Republican and I'm a fiscal and social conservative, so I watch Fox News because their "slant" on the news and the various issues which are presented best line up with my world view. I don't watch Fox News and then come away programmed and brainwashed. I watch them because they reaffirm what I already believe. For years I watched all the other major news channels, but when I discovered Fox News I never went back to the others. Nothing right or wrong here...just different strokes for different folks!

Return to “Computers, IT & Electronics”