HOTMAIL not available.

Technical Questions & Discussions about Computers, IT & electronics.
Mudguard
udonmap.com

HOTMAIL not available.

Post by Mudguard » December 9, 2013, 7:47 am

Hi everyone... I cannot get hotmail.com to come-up on my PC. It stopped 7 days ago.. All I can get when I put in h.com is the available listings of h. com.. When I click onto the sign-in icon, I get a white page...
I have no trouble with any other site I want to look at.. Has anyone experienced this problem and how did you fix it please... Cheers Mudguard.. :shock:

BobHelm
udonmap.com

HOTMAIL not available.

Post by BobHelm » December 9, 2013, 8:10 am

I thought that Microsoft had/were morphing Hotmail into Outlook.
I wrote a post about it, about a year ago.
http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/i ... 25568.html
You might want to look for Outlook instead of Hotmail & then sign on there..

I think that you sign on as YOURNAMR@hotmail but I am unsure...
I added an Outlook address - which was the same name as my Hotmail address about a year ago.
I now sign on as xxx@outlook but I still have a Hotmail inbox in there as well. Anybody who sends to my Hotmail address I automatically get there..

It is the same as people still running computers with Microsoft XP as their operating system. Some things are best not ignored or it just won't work one day!!!

Mudguard
udonmap.com

HOTMAIL not available.

Post by Mudguard » December 9, 2013, 8:14 am

Thank you very much..Bobhelm..Cheers

douglas
udonmap.com

HOTMAIL not available.

Post by douglas » December 9, 2013, 8:41 am

HI,
I am getting trouble with Hotmail/outlook. After about one or two mins. the page just closes. Can still read my mail, but no chance of sending mail. I live on the single carriageway ring road near the electric station. I took my laptop to my friend who lives in Hansa and it works O.K. there. I am on two other web sights and they work O.K. I have two other computers in the house and they are the same, with Hotmail/outlook, so this eliminates the computers IMO.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

HOTMAIL not available.

Post by BobHelm » December 9, 2013, 8:46 am

What IPS are you using Doug??

I am reliably informed that 3BB have some 'issues' in Udon at the moment (& have had for about the last 4 days :shock: ), which they are 'working on'..
The effect is that the signal/connection is very weak. Some sites (like Hotmail) are rather more susceptible to that than some other sites...

maaka
udonmap.com

HOTMAIL not available.

Post by maaka » December 9, 2013, 8:51 am

I have been having trouble with ruddy Hotmail / now Outlook, nothing but trouble sinbce they morphed..now hard to enter, cuts out on you halfway thru, refuses to download pics, and says come back later...ready to abandon ship for another crowd I ams

BobHelm
udonmap.com

HOTMAIL not available.

Post by BobHelm » December 9, 2013, 9:02 am

Well, if you don't mind the thoughts of intrusion into your private life by Google then GMail is worth looking at.

The whole Google 'package' - Mail, Cloud storage & Diary/Appointments is really impressive for free & can be shared across just about any electronic communication device you have.... as long as you can bear the thought of them looking over your shoulder & seeing if they can 'assist' you in any way.. :D

douglas
udonmap.com

HOTMAIL not available.

Post by douglas » December 9, 2013, 9:08 am

Hi
Bob I am using 3BB. but this has been going on for about 3 weeks now, Also as I said when in Hansa in Udon Thani it works well and no problems.
Tried it a couple of mins. ago with same result, (Internet explorer has closed the program.).
Also have the same as maaka , cannot download pictures. It is s**t

BobHelm
udonmap.com

HOTMAIL not available.

Post by BobHelm » December 9, 2013, 9:19 am

Strange...
Are you both (Maaka & Doug) using a Hotmail signin to Outlook??

As I said I created a new Outlook account & sign in via that.
I still have the hotmail account & the inbox shows as a folder in Outlook.
New mail addressed to my Hotmail account automatically goes to that hotmail inbox folder.

I have absolutely zero issues reading or sending mail nor downloading attachments.
It was a pretty complicated & long winded process to get that Folder showing on my phones/tablets in Android, but, again, it works.
However when I created my new Outlook account one of the options that I accepted was to transfer my Hotmail account to the new Outlook account. Maybe getting Microsoft to do it automatically alleviated the issues you are having..
Sorry, I am not sure if that is still an option that is available when creating a new outlook account.

maaka
udonmap.com

HOTMAIL not available.

Post by maaka » December 9, 2013, 9:28 am

cant remember what I did Bob, just followed the directions Hotmail gave me during the change over..yeah I am still signing in via hotmail address, but Outlook name is there in my email

douglas
udonmap.com

HOTMAIL not available.

Post by douglas » December 9, 2013, 12:19 pm

Hi,
Bob. I am still using the same user name, that I had with Hotmail, on outlook. They said I could do this. Maybe I will try to open a new account with outlook.
Anyway thank you for your good help.
Cheers Doug.

Barney
udonmap.com

HOTMAIL not available.

Post by Barney » December 9, 2013, 12:29 pm

I have no problems with hotmail here in thailand or any where else I travel. Didn't like the initial change to outlook but have got used to it. Only lose the internet signal at times only because i connect through my GF's wireless hotspot location on the iPad. .
Maybe no problem with dropping out because i pay hotmail money for the priveledge?

rick
udonmap.com

HOTMAIL not available.

Post by rick » December 9, 2013, 9:19 pm

I have Hotmail/Outlook and use 3BB. I still login by going to Hotmail, and have very few problems. As Bob said, Hotmail (and other email systems) do seem to have an issue with poor signals and if signal very bad it will tell me it cannot connect/send mail. having said this, i had far worse problems with Yahoo and poor connections, so much so i gave up using it when in Thailand (When i had an aircard Yahoo was useless). 3BB seems to be working ok in my part of town.

Stantheman
udonmap.com

HOTMAIL not available.

Post by Stantheman » December 9, 2013, 10:27 pm

I don't use Hotmail, but for those who do and using Internet Explorer, have you tried Firefox or one of the others like Google Chrome?

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

HOTMAIL not available.

Post by Khun Paul » December 10, 2013, 3:22 am

There are times when Hotmail is down, why I have absolutely no idea, . I changed as requested to outlook and they did all the hard work for me, so that now I have a Hotmail folder where all Hotmail gets sent to.
To be fair it is all still running as it was, but there are occasions when the Internet itself does not work for specific sites MSN is one of them not just Hotmail but MSN, whether it is a problem outside Thailand i am not sure but then a couple of hours later it all works.
it does not matter where I am, school with wi-fi or home with landline (TOT ), it is a Thai thing, no explanation just bloody annoying.

Return to “Computers, IT & Electronics”