multi media player

Technical Questions & Discussions about Computers, IT & electronics.
kopkei
udonmap.com

multi media player

Post by kopkei » September 29, 2011, 8:49 pm

i am looking to buy a multimedia player as mentioned on this website http://www.datage.com.cn/player
i have been all ready to the big new shop next to makro, power buy big c ,and the shop in home pro ....
they have no idea what i talk about ( except home pro has a philips but this does not have a lan connection)
so thanks on any info or advice on this.... ;)

parrot
udonmap.com

multi media player

Post by parrot » September 29, 2011, 9:24 pm

Pantip in Bangkok has them....but don't know the price.
http://www.pantipmarket.com/mall/tbnsho ... &id=105673

captainahab
udonmap.com

multi media player

Post by captainahab » September 29, 2011, 10:16 pm

Anything here of interest to you?

Company is in Hua Hin but they do deliveries throughout Thailand.

http://www.invadeit.co.th/category/media-players/

UdonExpat
udonmap.com

multi media player

Post by UdonExpat » September 30, 2011, 1:38 pm

One of the shops in Central Plaza used to carry the Western Digital Media Players: WD TV HD Media Player. Don't know the shop name and since they've moved to the 4th floor I don't know where they're currently located.

jimboLV
udonmap.com

multi media player

Post by jimboLV » September 30, 2011, 3:29 pm

This may or may not be helpful, as I'm not sure what you're looking for. :( However, I recently bought a "DVD Portable Mini Compo" at an electronic store here in Amnat Charoen. I would suggest you look at the electronics stores in Udon where the Thais shop, rather than the Big C and Home pro type places. The unit I bought is fantastic. When hooked up to my TV it will play DVDs in either PAL or NTSC formats, so I can watch the DVDs I brought over from the US on my TV rather than being limited to the PC. It will also play Cd's, has a USB slot, a slot for SD/MMC/MC cards (from your camera), a docking station for your IPod AM/FM radio and also does Karaoke (don't let your TW/gf know about that or you'll never get to use it :lol: ). It also has a rip function so you can rip to a memory stick, although I've never used that. It seems to be a high quality unit, I've had it for about 6 months and it works fine. I believe I paid about 2,000 baht for it but not sure about that.

Here is the web page on the unit:

http://www.polytron.co.th/products_audio_tpcd_300w.html

This site will also lead you to the operating instruction book, 20 pages, so you can see what it does. Also has a page of specifications. If you click on "services" at the top of the page they have a telephone number in Bangkok so you might give them a call if you have no luck finding one in Udon.

Librarian
Udonmap Sponsor

multi media player

Post by Librarian » September 30, 2011, 11:01 pm

the shop Udon Expat mentioned ( i think ! ) is in the far left hand corner at the back .4th floor
this shop used to be located on the same level as the apple store , but in the far right corner at the back

they do stock ( or did ) media players with remote control .. its basically a box that you can install your own size hard drive into it .

the problem i found with the one i bought , was the software pre installed doesnt handle big hard drives with lots of movie files.. very fast at all .. basically it takes for ever to scroll through the movies and eventually get it to play what i wanted ..

the cheaper way , and more effective and fast that i have come up with so far.. is i bought a cheap DVD player with a usb port on the front ... i then simply copy movies from my hard drive onto a memory stick and play them through the DVD usb port ..

Librarian

kopkei
udonmap.com

multi media player

Post by kopkei » October 3, 2011, 7:33 pm

thanks for all the answers , i did find what i was looking for at the hardware hinter computer shop in central ,
as info, i bought an asus o'play HDP-R1 for 3490 baht , can read almost all files ( some flv files not working and need to convert to avi ) as the chinese model i've posted can read all files and have more connection options... but could not find it in udon, i also have a dvd recorder with a usb entrance but this was not excepting many files ... ;)

shazinaz

multi media player

Post by shazinaz » October 6, 2011, 5:57 pm

I would love to explore.

camps
udonmap.com

multi media player

Post by camps » September 18, 2012, 9:37 am

Hi everyone,
I am looking for a multi media player with a RJ-45 ethernet port lan connection, Got one (Bufffalo LT-V100) from Tesco but had a power fault, took it back and guess what, no more in stock! Tried the new IT centre and Centra but only found nas connections. Any Ideas anyone ?
Thanks

Return to “Computers, IT & Electronics”