3BB Internet Offer

Technical Questions & Discussions about Computers, IT & electronics.
BobHelm
udonmap.com

3BB Internet Offer

Post by BobHelm » January 14, 2011, 12:33 pm

In the Complex at the moment 3BB have a small stall. Go up the first escalator you come to after entering the complex (these is only 1 entrance at the moment) & it is then immediately in front of you.
They are offering a 'special' at the moment. 6 Mbps download speed (I imagine it is probably 512 Kbps upload) for 590 baht per month. This represents a 1 Mbps increase on their previous offer for the same price.

nkstan
udonmap.com

Re: 3BB Internet Offer

Post by nkstan » January 14, 2011, 1:30 pm

We have been getting that service in NK for awhile now.

douglas
udonmap.com

Post by douglas » January 14, 2011, 3:13 pm

Hi,
Left 3BB, last May, after a load of messing with bills and poor service, and to cap it all when I showed them the receipt, that i got, when i paid one months bill, they told me i had not paid the bill. "the computer says you have not" was the reply from a young teenage girl and the other 2 young girls behind the desk were giggling. Help. I told them this was their receipt and you are not getting paid twice. Told them to come to house and take there equipment out. All this trouble started after they had to leave T.O.T. building.
A lot of people were having problems with them at this time. I must admit that the service up to this time was very good. But after having no internet for 4 days, and no reason giving, i was a bit fed up with them. This and the above was the final straw. Turned to TOT for the internet, same price per. month and the first 2 months free, plus i can use three comps. at the same time on the one line, they installed all the cables etc. from the telephone line to the living room and 2 bedrooms, free. 3BB wanted me to pay extra per month for this service. And charge for installing the extra cables.
3BB had a 3 bedroom house four doors down from me on the estate, and i used to get on very well with them. How they all slept in that house I don't know. They built a garage like workshop at the side of the house. They were there for about 4 years but left last year.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » January 14, 2011, 4:06 pm

Jasmine International launched 3BB in 2009.
Later than year, as part of some sort of debit restructuring deal by TT&T all of the Maxnet & TT&T customers were transferred to 3BB.
3BB ran their service via TOT telephone lines. However TOT & 3BB had some sort of business falling out in late 2010. I am not sure what the disagreement was about but it was terminal for the agreement between the two companies.
Meanwhile 3BB were furiously putting in their own line network across the country. Although that is rather overstating the actual facts as I think the main link is still via the old TOT cables, with 3BB physically installing only their short run cabling to the TOT network.
Undoubtedly this created some large issues with the service 3BB were offering during the transition. Go on any Thai based Forum & you will find complaints about the 3BB service at this time & their total lack of keeping customers informed as to what was happening.
If those difficulties are now over or not I have no personal knowledge.
3BB actually offer up to 20 Mbps Download & 4 Mbps Upload - but that is at the rather pricey figure of 2,990 baht per month.
I imagine that they are making the offer in the Complex as they have connected all existing customers to their new network & are looking to expand their customer base..
I mentioned it because I saw it in passing & it looked a competitively priced deal to me.
When I was with TOT last year I was paying 790 baht a month for 3 Mbps.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » January 14, 2011, 6:24 pm

hi bob, only as info...
downstairs in big c , opposite bkk bank , long time all ready 3bb counter offering same....
before maxnet, my friend had maxnet in gorath , thrown it outside after 1 month , connection more slow as with tel line,
but maybe all depending the region again..., tot has offer now 6mb for 590 bath , i have 4 , got news from tot i can not upgrade as there is only 1 cable? available....., my friend other side from village , more far from main upgraded without any problem??
TIT.....( or TITOT ???)

douglas
udonmap.com

Post by douglas » January 14, 2011, 7:56 pm

Hi,
Bob you are correct, I should have said i was with Maxnet until 3BB came on to the scene. Basiclly same animal. The falling out between them was late 2009 or early Jan 2010. I went down to see them in Feb 2010 and they were in their new place then, which i was directed to by TOT. Only about a couple of hundred metres up the road.
I still won't be going back to them, happy with TOT. I find them very helpful and polite, unlike 3BB. Still i must say i have only been with TOT for about 6 months and have never had any faults with their equipment. So far.
I live just inside the ring road, past the airport. 3BB were around the estate putting in new lines Sept. last year. Did not know any of the men who were doing the cable work.

GARYZX6R
udonmap.com

Post by GARYZX6R » January 16, 2011, 10:23 am

I got 3BB had for nearly 3 weeks and can say, go with anyone but 3BB.Went to the 3BB office in the Big C complex and had the misfortune to meet 3 girls who call themselves sales girls,what a joke, completely useless is too nice for them.
Asked for wireless internet and TV in December,signed for computer deal,good price and asked about when will I have TV,they said as its Christmas come back in 2 weeks ! You can't have it now.and wifi you get that when you get TV.Well its still beyond there ability to connect me,friday they said book it online ! I thought thats there job to do rather than watch the TV on display.No reply still from 3BB email,customer service department no reply from an email complaining about the useless service,oh forgot its already crashed last week,had to get the repair man to fix the line somewhere.
Thanks for telling me about the stall at Central as will be visiting them today see if they are better than the idiots at Big C.

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » January 16, 2011, 1:35 pm

I used to be a satisfied customer with 3BB, even after the billing problems. All was fine up until a few months ago, then I started experiencing slower than usual speeds and black outs that lasted 2 or 3 hours. One day we got a visit from a True Online sales rep, made the switch and been satisfied with the speed and reliability.

randerson79
udonmap.com

Post by randerson79 » January 16, 2011, 2:07 pm

I have a MiFi from CAT. Works great!

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

3BB Internet Offer

Post by FrazeeDK » May 30, 2011, 8:08 pm

decided to put internet into my house so stopped by the 3BB office in Big C. The girl there used Google Earth to quickly check the availability of junction boxes and the cabling distance from the box to my house. The team showed up the next day, hung the cable down to my house, connected up existing in house wiring and said it would be turned on about 1100-1130 the next day.. Unfortunately, the cable pull/initial install team did NOT have any testing equipment at all. Installation, DSL Modem and "extra" cable length cost roughly 3000 baht. The next day, a Friday, led to no internet by 1200.. Called 3BB who dispatch a team who arrived within 30 minutes. The lead team member had all appropriate testing equipment to detect DSL at the drop box and troubleshoot the in-house wiring. It turned out the RJ-11 drop in the house was mis-wired. He fixed it, and the guaranteed 3BB 6meg down 512kbps up tested as just that.. We'll see how it works out.. We payed ahead 6 months to preclude month headaches and got a 5% discount..

Return to “Computers, IT & Electronics”